Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,269,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Pneuma, both the "eye for an eye" and "searching the scriptures..." have been discussed and explained multiple times in this forum by those who "study the Bible". You simply refuse to believe it.
I'm still waiting for someone to show me how reading and studying ANYTHING in the Bible effects the doctrine of Christ or His apostles. All of the so called problems some claim are found in the Bible don't effect God's plan of salvation or our walk with Jesus.

I don't know about anyone else, but I live by the Law of Christ, not the Law of Moses. I think the OT is inspired/infallible and loaded with many lessons and examples, but as christians we are not bound by it.

Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 02:31 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for someone to show me how reading and studying ANYTHING in the Bible effects the doctrine of Christ or His apostles. All of the so called problems some claim are found in the Bible don't effect God's plan of salvation or our walk with Jesus.

Would it matter if someone did sis? I have given you examples in the NT were they are interpolations of man and you have completely ignored them.

Also nothing in scripture effects God's plan of salvation, not even the scribes insistence on translations of words such as hell and eternity.

Quote:
I don't know about anyone else, but I live by the Law of Christ, not the Law of Moses. I think the OT is inspired/infallible and loaded with many lessons and examples, but as christians we are not bound by it.

Huh? I thought you believed everything in the bible was Gods word, now you are saying you don't live by His word in the OT. Sorry but I do not see how you can have it both ways.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Funny how Jesus never said anything about it being about a private dispute yet your scholars trying to justify that which the lying pens of the scribes added to the law of Moses.

Myself I believe Jesus knew exactly why He contradicted it, it was because He knew that there is no agreement between Christ and Belial.

The Babylonian Code of Hammurabi was written 200+ years before Moses wrote the law states

If a man put out the eye of another man, his eye shall be put out.

God law according to you guys states.

Exodus 21:22-24
22 If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
Leviticus 24:19-20
19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him; 20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.
Deuteronomy 19:21
21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

This so called law of Moses is in agreement with the Babylonian Code of Hammurabi

Get the point? You believe God law is in agreement with the Babylonian law.

And remember the Babylonian Code of Hammurabi came before the law of Moses. What! God can't make up His own laws, He must borrow them from Babalyion

Now your so called experts say Jesus was correcting them concerning a private dispute. Read those laws again, you cannot get anymore private then that. So if He was indeed correcting them concerning a private dispute He was indeed correcting what the lying pens of the scribes added to the law of Moses and attributed to Moses.

Now do you want to talk about the law of foreswearing?

Numbers 30:2
2 If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

Deuteronomy 23:21
21 When thou shalt vow a vow unto the LORD thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the LORD thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee.

However, according to Jesus we are not to swear at all, but let our communication be yea, yea, or nay, nay.
Matthew 5:33-37
33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths: 34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all;neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: 35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King. 36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. 37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Jesus’ words are a total contradiction to what is written in Numbers 30:2 and Deuteronomy 23:21.

Heck Jesus even goes so far as to say this law cometh of EVIL
There is not one thing you can bring up which theologians have not already addressed. That includes what Jesus meant by not swearing. Research it!!!

You have been told over and over again what the reference to 'the lying pen of the scribes' means, but you continue to reject it and spew forth your venom directed at the Old Testament. Your's is an attack on the word of God.

And this is another reason why people should study the Bible. So that they can recognize the attacks on it made by people such as yourself.

This thread is about why people should study the Bible, and you are busy trying to discredit the Bible. Satan uses those such as you to further his purposes.

I would advise people to simply ignore you. As I will now do.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
There is not one thing you can bring up which theologians have not already addressed. That includes what Jesus meant by not swearing. Research it!!!

You have been told over and over again what the reference to 'the lying pen of the scribes' means, but you continue to reject it and spew forth your venom directed at the Old Testament. Your's is an attack on the word of God.

And this is another reason why people should study the Bible. So that they can recognize the attacks on it made by people such as yourself.

This thread is about why people should study the Bible, and you are busy trying to discredit the Bible. Satan uses those such as you to further his purposes.

I would advise people to simply ignore you. As I will now do.
Mike only a baby is taught what to think, I grew up and do my own thinking now. I do not need man to teach me anything.

I've read the so called experts mike, and like you they make Christ and Belial agree.

Well we will see if you really will ignore me or not, don't you know I am
irresistible

However even your so called experts will tell you there are interpolations in the bible, seem you only agree with them when it suites you.

And even though you see me as attacking the bible it is not an attack on the bible per say, it is an attack on what the scribes have added and taken away from the scriptures.

So my advise is always the same, take every thought captive to Christ, study the bible but take everything it says to HIM, not your so called experts.

And where you see satan using me others see God using me to expose satans lies that he has enticed man to put in the bible.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:49 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Hmmm. saved implied I do not study the bible, I simply corrected him.

As for how do I know statement, it is because Jesus said it that is how I know. look it up.
So Jesus told you that people who believe the Bible is the word of God are not true followers of Christ?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:

Huh? I thought you believed everything in the bible was Gods word, now you are saying you don't live by His word in the OT. Sorry but I do not see how you can have it both ways.
Read the book of Hebrews.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So Jesus told you that people who believe the Bible is the word of God are not true followers of Christ?

Jesus said ye study the scripture thinking to find life in them, but you won't find life in the scripture because they testify of me and you won't come to me that you might have life.

I would never say anyone who believes in Christ is not a Christian J even when they disagree with me. I do not know what is in their heart of hearts so refuse to judge them in any fashion.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:

Jesus said ye study the scripture thinking to find life in them, but you won't find life in the scripture because they testify of me and you won't come to me that you might have life.

I would never say anyone who believes in Christ is not a Christian J even when they disagree with me. I do not know what is in their heart of hearts so refuse to judge them in any fashion.
The Scripture you quote says this:

John 5

39 You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Sounds a bit different here, doesn't it? The Holy Scriptures tell of Jesus. In them you will find life in Christ Jesus!

Old 03-12-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
The Scripture you quote says this:

John 5

39 You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Sounds a bit different here, doesn't it? The Holy Scriptures tell of Jesus. In them you will find life in Christ Jesus!
No it sounds the same. no life in the scriptures, the scriptures only lead to Christ and it is only in Christ that life is found.

Tis as I have been saying all along, the scriptures are a treasure map that lead to Christ. The LIFE is NOT in the scriptures they are IN CHRIST.

Have you read the whole thread J?

Because if you have you would have seen me repeat this over and over.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Read the book of Hebrews.
I think you missed the point. if the bible is the word of God you must live by every word that comes out of His mouth. So if the OT is the word of God and someone tells me that they don't live by the OT they are in effect saying they do not live by the word of God. Like I said they cannot have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity