Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:13 PM

18 posts, read 18,265 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your loving and kind words and also for your direct truthfulness as well...understand this I Love God first and my wife second and i will not give up on my family i never wanted to and dont have any intentions on doing so and if you guys will pray for me and my wife and our 4 children whom are such a blessing to us i would definately say Amen again and again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 03:25 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
It looks like you've gotten some good answers. God Bless your marriage.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM

18 posts, read 18,265 times
How do i begin my fight for my family we are both praying together and letting God...

Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
You both know the reason for this disruption in your life, perhaps it is time to put it in the past..

Follow your heart Ian, spend time alone together in a place where you can relax and just talk..Spend time together as a family..If your pastor is advising you, continue that..It takes time to rebuild trust and especially for a woman to feel like she is the only one on your mind and in your future..

Old 02-21-2012, 03:49 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwebster4523 View Post
How do i begin my fight for my family we are both praying together and letting God...

Has your wife quit talking to this other man? You both need to decide to recommit to one another before anything else. You both need to decide that your marriage is worth fighting for.

Only you know what needs fixing in your marriage (finances, responsibilities, caring for children, intimacy, job/no job, etc...).

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:54 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,184,501 times
God gave you a brain. Use it. Think. That stuff up there between your ears is there for a purpose.

Don't expect other people to give you the advice you need. You MUST be the one to do this.

It doesn't matter if you pray about it or merely sit under a tree and quietly think....you have to think about what is the best thing for you to do for everyone. Then DO IT.

It really doesn't matter if someone feels that it is the "Christian" thing to do....it could be the Muslem way, or the Jewish way, or a dozen other religions way. You have to do the best thing for everyone.

I have a feeling that you really want to just throw up your hands and run away from your responsibilities. That won't work.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM

84 posts, read 112,775 times
Check out this website:

Marriage Builders ® - Successful Marriage Advice

This will be a good place to start with your marriage.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:28 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,548,617 times
There is nothing wrong with asking for advice. Sometimes it's good to get some outside perspective. Ultimately, we all have to make our own decisions, but it doesn't hurt to get some ideas from others. Then we decide if the advice makes sense to us and whether or not we should follow that advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity