Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,988,519 times

Advertisements

Can't I just say God I don't want what you offer. I rather be tormented for the rest of eternity. I don't wnat to spend another day in your shadow. Can I get what I want? Can I ensure that by having such an attitude that God will have to bend over backwards to make sure that I get what I desire?

Surely not! After all, can my DESIRE trump God's? - I can't see in the scriptures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,164,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Can't I just say God I don't want what you offer. I rather be tormented for the rest of eternity. I don't want to spend another day in your shadow.
Can I get what I want? Can I ensure that by having such an attitude that God will have to bend over backwards to make sure that I get what I desire?

Surely not! After all, can my DESIRE trump God's? - I can't see in the scriptures.
Many remain unhealthy, until they are healed.

Old 02-23-2012, 10:38 PM

1,571 posts, read 1,994,462 times
Quote:
Can't I just say God I don't want what you offer. I rather be tormented for the rest of eternity. I don't wnat to spend another day in your shadow. Can I get what I want? Can I ensure that by having such an attitude that God will have to bend over backwards to make sure that I get what I desire?

That depends. Saved by "whose standards"? They all claim to have GOD's standards, but I find that each of them has their own interpretation of "GOD's standards". Of course, so do I. And, according to my standards, I'm good to go.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:53 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,441,793 times
I dont care how much my own kids tell me to let them kill themselves i will not allow it. It is agape love that i have for them. How much greater is Gods love than mine. You can desire to not be brought home but his love will find you out. He will not stop until all his children are brought home. If not in this age then in the one to come. You can keep running but his love will persue you until you grow tired of running.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:45 AM

27,889 posts, read 29,690,910 times
Quote:

Sure. God's not going to force you to be with Him.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:07 AM

18 posts, read 18,132 times
God gave us free will so if it is your choice not to be saved and believe in Gods Love for his children then you're already getting what you want if thats why you're asking but i can tell you that without God life is a life of consequences towards actions and reactions God simply puts the spirit in you and Gives you a choice (free will) whether or not to listen to this spirit or not... But trust when all gets bad and nothing seems worth fighting for and when your heart is finally broken by none other than God himself ... He will NEVER leave you NOR will he forsake...

Amen.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:26 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,107,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
I dont care how much my own kids tell me to let them kill themselves i will not allow it. It is agape love that i have for them. How much greater is Gods love than mine. You can desire to not be brought home but his love will find you out. He will not stop until all his children are brought home. If not in this age then in the one to come. You can keep running but his love will persue you until you grow tired of running.
Facts, all.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:45 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,596,904 times
Quote:

Imagine an existence with no hope.

Ephesians 2:12
That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

1 Thessalonians 4:13
But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

We are talking about YOUR EXISTENCE. Your very being. Eternity is without repentance.

What is time?

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:49 AM

76,867 posts, read 47,182,410 times
John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:50 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,742,287 times
Default What are you playing at here trettep?

Quote:

Not sure what you are getting at Trettep ... or if you are simply trying to stir-up a hypothetical discussion. A quote from one of your 1/24/12 posts seems to answer your question in this thread (??)

[trettep quote] "In fact, I don't see anywhere in the scriptures where we have salvation embedded and rooted within us. I only see us being saved as MEMBERS of the BODY of Christ. In other words only He is truley saved. We are only saved as long as we remain in His body. Now if we are in the body of Christ then our mind is no longer our mind by His. So I'm not to look within me towards salvation but rather He puts me in His body by His Power that I may possess His Mind as a member of His body."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity