Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2012, 01:25 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Please give book, chapter and verse with each line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel. (Isaiah 27:12-13, Isaiah 11:12)
The above verse says this:

Isa 27:12 And it comes, in that day, Yahweh will beat gleanings from the
trail of the stream unto the watercourse of Egypt. And you, you shall be
gleaned one by one, sons of Israel."
Isa 27:13 And it comes, in that day, blown shall be a great trumpet, and
those perishing in the land of Assyria will come, and those expelled in the
land of Egypt, and worship Yahweh in the holy mount in Jerusalem."

It only deals with two countries "Assyria and Egypt." First they have to go into captivity into those two countries. They have to be **expelled** from Israel first. This does not disprove Jesus being the Messiah any more than does an orange zebra disprove people live in Ohio.

Quote:
He must rebuild the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. (Micah 4:1)
That verse does not say anything about the Messiah has to rebuild the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem? Neither does it say He has to do it all by Himself. Here is what it says:

Mic 4:1 And it comes in the days hereafter, the mount of Yahweh's house
shall be established on the summit of the mountains, and it is borne by the
hills, and all the peoples stream unto it."

Quote:
He must bring world peace. (Isaiah 2:4, Isaiah 11:6, Micah 4:3)
This verse you quoted says nothing about world peace the Messiah has to bring:
Isa 2:2 And it comes in the days hereafter, established shall be the mount
of Yahweh, and the house of the Elohim, on the summit of the mountains,
and borne by the hills. And stream to it all the nations."

Neither does this verse you quoted say anything about world peace:

Isa 11:6 Then the wolf will sojourn with the he-lamb, and the leopard will
recline with the kid. And the calf and the sheltered lion will graze together,
and a small lad will lead among them."

This verse comes closest to your idea which you quoted:
Mic 4:3 And He judges between many peoples, and corrects staunch
nations still afar, and they pound their swords into mattocks, and their
spears into pruners; nation is not lifting the sword against nation, nor are
they learning war any more."

Who told you Christ will not do these things?

Quote:
He must influence the entire world to acknowledge and serve one God. (Isaiah 11:9, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9)
The verses here quoted does not say the entire world will acknowledge and serve one God:

Isa 11:9-10 They will not do evil, nor will they ruin, in all My holy
mountain, for full is the earth of the knowledge of Yahweh. As water for
the sea floor is a covering." (10) And there comes, in that day, the Root
of Jesse, Who will stand for a Banner of the peoples; of Him will the
nations inquire, and His rest will come to be glorious."

Isa 40:5 And revealed is the glory of Yahweh, and all flesh sees the
salvation of Elohim. For the mouth of Yahweh speaks."

Zep 3:9 For then I will turn a pure lip to the peoples, for them all to call on
the name of Yahweh, to serve Him with one shoulder-blade."

But I'm sure once they see Christ is the true Messiah they will worship the one true God.

Quote:
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, he cannot be the Messiah.

All of these criteria for the Messiah are best summed up in Ezekiel 37:24-28:
"And My servant David will be a king over them, and they will all have one shepherd, and they will walk in My ordinances, and keep My statutes, and observe them, and they shall live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant...and I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and My dwelling place shall be with them, and I will be their God and they will be My people. And the nations will know that I am the Lord who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary is in their midst forever."
The above quote you gave says nothing about "if an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, he cannot be the Messiah.

Ezekiel lived around 586 BCE.

King David lived around 970 B.C. So King David lived before Ezekiel. So when Ezekiel wrote what you quoted above in Ezekiel 37:24-28 it was about David coming back to life and going back to reigning over Israel

Quote:
WHAT???? Since when have Matthew and Revelation been part of the Torah????? You pullin' my chain?
Hint: the books of the New Testament were written by Jews except maybe Luke's treatise.

Quote:
THERE IS NO PROVISION FOR A SECOND COMING IN THE PROPHECIES!
Are you pulling my chain? They are all prophecies which state He is coming back!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

No. Thre's nothing in Paul's passages about 500 people seeing Christ asend to heaven. Read the words.

"After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 1 Cor. 15:8

How did Paul know that? He didn't join the Christians until about three years later. And he himself was not a witness. He doesn't name any of the 500 nor did any of them leave any reports.
Of course they did leave reports. You just quoted the report! How did Paul know that? He spoke with the ones still living since just some of them had died. And he personally met the Lord Jesus.

Quote:
The gospels mention nothing of this either. I wonder why.
What do you mean they don't? They mention time after time Jesus meeting with them.

Quote:
It's a lot like one man claiming three years after Elvis' death that 500 people saw him alive. But at least in Elvis' case we written statements and reports.
People do still see Elvis. He's a quarterback.

Quote:
Paul never saw the physical Jesus. Only in his "revelations" and "visions." And he wasn't there when the apostles were supposed to have seen the risen Jesus either.
Paul met the risen Jesus on the road to Damascus. He spoke with the risen Lord. Get over it.

1Co 15:8 "Yet, last of all, even as if a premature birth, He was seen by me also."

He saw the risen Christ just as all the others saw Him. "seen" is used the same way in 1 Corinthians 15:5-8.

Quote:
Do you think there's any chance that Paul is making this up?
Do chickens hatch elephants?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default Alternate Option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Man originally was created as a hermaphrodite in which the female was inside him. He was male/female. When God put him to sleep he took the female parts out of him and built Eve around them.
Actually, there's a preponderance of irrefutable evidence from DNA lineage- and mitochondrial matriarchal tRNA-tracking, plus clearly hominid remains and their primitive tools (as in: spears, arrowheads etc. also found imbedded nearby, in the ribcages, legs, etc. of cave bear, saber-toothed tiger and wooly mammoth remains that date wayyyyy back) found in fossil digs and a wide distribution of pre-historic sites.

Such sites have captured this evidence in glacial ice and tundra permafrost, plus in African cave dwellings and post-glacial Western European caves. They absolutely prove that man evolved and was not "Insta-Poofed" in some fantasy Garden of Eden in the Middle East.

He was never "Created". And yes, the bible is full of contradictions.

(There! Short & sweet; no long & boring monologues. Quite unnecessary.)

Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Actually, the preponderance of irrefutable DNA lineage and mitochondrial tRNA tracking, plus hominid remains and their primitive tools found in fossil digs and pre-historic sites captured in glacial ice and tundra permafrost proves that man evolved.

He was never "Created". And yes, the bible is full of contradictions.

(There! Short & sweet; no long & boring monologues. Quite unnecessary.)
God formed man as a completely formed human. He didn't start with pond skum with a couple amoebas who miraculously figured out the entire genetic code for humans, figured out the entire brain system, eye system, alimentary system etc. You give God-like abilities to amoebas! Why don't you worship them since they obviously are way more intelligent than humans will ever be! Sure, you will just say: It doesn't work that way, Yea, uh huh, right. Whatever.

Humans in some back areas still use primitive stone tools. It proves nothing.

Indians in the US prior to whites discovering it were using stone tools while at the same time Europe was quite civilized.

The Bible is not full of contradictions, at least not a properly translated Bible.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:27 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
The above verse says this:
Read the following:

Re-gather the Jews
Isaiah 11:12
King James Version (KJV)
12And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Re-build the temple
Ezekiel 37:26-27
King James Version (KJV)
26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

World peace.
Micah 4:3
King James Version (KJV)
3And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe God's commandments
Ezekiel 37:24 (King James Version)
24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one God
Isaiah 66:23
King James Version (KJV)
23And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Read the following:

Re-gather the Jews
Isaiah 11:12
King James Version (KJV)
12And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Re-build the temple
Ezekiel 37:26-27
King James Version (KJV)
26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

World peace.
Micah 4:3
King James Version (KJV)
3And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe God's commandments
Ezekiel 37:24 (King James Version)
24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one God
Isaiah 66:23
King James Version (KJV)
23And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Then that is what will happen.

Since you quoted Isaiah 66, do you believe this has to happen too:

Isa 65:17 For, behold Me creating new heavens and a new earth, and the former shall not be remembered, nor shall they come upon the heart."

Old 02-29-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
The above quote you gave says nothing about "if an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, he cannot be the Messiah.
Those were MY words. Sheesh ...you're hard work!

Quote:
Hint: the books of the New Testament were written by Jews except maybe Luke's treatise.
Don't be ridiculous. You know very well what I am referring to by 'Jewish Scriptures'.

Quote:
Are you pulling my chain? They are all prophecies which state He is coming back!
Not one, NOT ONE Jewish scripture talks of a second coming.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Then that is what will happen.
No, that is what should have happened when your Jesus was alleged to have been here....if he had been the Messiah that is.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
No, that is what should have happened when your Jesus was alleged to have been here....if he had been the Messiah that is.
Just shows you don't understand prophecy. The new heavens and new earth of Isa. 65 has to come prior to chapter 66. So what you quoted in Isaiah 66 cannot possibly be about the first time the Messiah comes.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Those were MY words. Sheesh ...you're hard work!

Don't be ridiculous. You know very well what I am referring to by 'Jewish Scriptures'.

Not one, NOT ONE Jewish scripture talks of a second coming.
Umm, that's because prophecy is progressive and so the OT does not have to prophecy EVERYTHING which God hid till it should be revealed by the NT prophets.

There are other things the OT prophets did not see which the NT ones did.

By the way, the OT does talk about the second coming. It just doesn't use the term "second coming."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity