Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 AM

84 posts, read 112,734 times

Advertisements

Lucifer isn't real. Thus, the only deception that exists is the deception of our own minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM

You also contradict yourself with the whole New Ages mark of the beast argument. The so called "new age" movement that you mentioned can't be the so called "antichrist or mark of the beast" because by definition the antichrist is someone (according to mainstream Christianity) who wants complete power and obedience. Yes, the New Age teachings that you mention actually promote a person being an individual and totally go against establishing control or submitting to any authority. Now, Lucifer doesn't exist so there will be no anitchirst. However, if such a figure did exist it would be more likely that he would use the fundamentalist religious people and establish a hard line religion off of that. People who want absolute power use fear to keep people in line.

Actually, the ironic thing is that fundamentalists who continue to warn about this are actually becoming the thing that they warn about. They can't see that they themselves are an actual antichrist by denying the truth in their hearts and letting ancient ignorance keep them and others in sort of mind control.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:04 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solich2 View Post
Lucifer isn't real. Thus, the only deception that exists is the deception of our own minds.
"LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange
and mysterious name to give to the
Spirit of Darknesss! Lucifer, the Son
of the Morning! Is it he who
bears the Light, and with its
splendors intolerable blinds feeble,
sensual or selfish Souls ? Doubt it
not!" Albert Pike - Morals and Dogma

http://www.drawaline.org/Albert_Pike_-_Morals_and_Dogma.pdf (broken link)

Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry , prepared for the
Supreme Council of the Thirty Third Degree for the Southern Jurisdiction of the United States:
Charleston, 1871.

Pike is the only Confederate military officer or figure to be honored with an outdoor statue in Washington, D.C. (in Judiciary Square)
Albert Pike - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evidently some people in high places disagree with you.

“Roosevelt as he looked at the colored reproduction of the Seal was first struck with the representation of the 'All-Seeing Eye,' a Masonic representation of Great Architect the Universe. Next he was impressed with the idea that the foundation for the new order of the ages had been laid in 1776 (May 1st, 1776, founding of the Illuminati) but would be completed only under the eye of the Great Architect. Roosevelt like myself was a 32nd degree Mason. He suggested that the Seal be put on the dollar bill rather that a coin.” Henry Wallace; February 6, 1951 the Latin phrase Novus Ordo Seclorum impressed me as meaning the 'New Deal; of the Ages'

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he doesn't exist" Charles Pierre Baudelaire

2 Corinthians 4:3-4

3But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:10 PM

661 posts, read 621,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The OP was kind of a response to the seemingly stranglehold fundamentalists have on the scriptures, and how it is used to point out how everyone is in error but themselves because in their own eyes they are god fearing bible believers who have it all worked.

Beyond the sacred page is God's untold wealth and the Spirit makes opens our eyes to it, but while we believe we have and know all there is on the sacred page, we will never discover His untold wealth. We will die in our sin of believing the Kingdom of God is without not in, we will die in the sin of believing that sin is greater than grace,we will die in the sin of believing a place of worship is a building not Spirit and truth, we will die in the sin of believing he is the savior of a few not all, we will die in the sin of believing we are seperated from God, we will die in the sin of praying to a God up in the sky, rather than the God who is within, we will die in the sin of seeing the world other than how God see's it.
The only difference between you and I (regarding the OP) is our source of truth. "In my eyes" the Bible reliably communicates the truth about God. "In your eyes" the Bible contains some truth, but a more reliable source of truth is your own inner light which you judge the Bible by. You, of course, may not see it that way - calling it the "Spirit within you who opens your eyes" to things that contradict the Bible.

You hold as dogmatically to your position as I do to mine. You also think you have it "all worked out". Though I hold to the truth of the whole counsel of God, I don't claim to understand it all or have the correct interpretation of it all. What I have "worked out" though is that the Bible is a revelation from God, in its entirety. This is my starting point.

I can't see how my dogmatism is any different from yours. I quote Scripture; you quote rhetoric of what you believe the Spirit says is true, sometimes in contradiction to Scripture. As far as being dogmatic goes, what's the difference, really?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,631,047 times
Quote:
You also contradict yourself with the whole New Ages mark of the beast argument. The so called "new age" movement that you mentioned can't be the so called "antichrist or mark of the beast" because by definition the antichrist is someone (according to mainstream Christianity) who wants complete power and obedience. Yes, the New Age teachings that you mention actually promote a person being an individual and totally go against establishing control or submitting to any authority. Now, Lucifer doesn't exist so there will be no anitchirst. However, if such a figure did exist it would be more likely that he would use the fundamentalist religious people and establish a hard line religion off of that. People who want absolute power use fear to keep people in line.

Actually, the ironic thing is that fundamentalists who continue to warn about this are actually becoming the thing that they warn about. They can't see that they themselves are an actual antichrist by denying the truth in their hearts and letting ancient ignorance keep them and others in sort of mind control.
What happens to those that oppose the "new age" World teacher's teachings that all individuals must go against established control or submitting to any authority?

The "Anti-Christ" coming World Leader (New Age Maitreya) is called the "Man of Sin".

2 Thessalonians 2

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph1980 View Post
The only difference between you and I (regarding the OP) is our source of truth. "In my eyes" the Bible reliably communicates the truth about God. "In your eyes" the Bible contains some truth, but a more reliable source of truth is your own inner light which you judge the Bible by. You, of course, may not see it that way - calling it the "Spirit within you who opens your eyes" to things that contradict the Bible.

You hold as dogmatically to your position as I do to mine. You also think you have it "all worked out". Though I hold to the truth of the whole counsel of God, I don't claim to understand it all or have the correct interpretation of it all. What I have "worked out" though is that the Bible is a revelation from God, in its entirety. This is my starting point.

I can't see how my dogmatism is any different from yours. I quote Scripture; you quote rhetoric of what you believe the Spirit says is true, sometimes in contradiction to Scripture. As far as being dogmatic goes, what's the difference, really?

Steph i disagree with you. And let me say this to you, i do not have it all worked out, i never have and never made that claim,i am forever learning and discovering, and learnt so much on this forum from others.I have no creed to be dogmatic about. I read the same bible you do, but see it obviously in a total different Light to you, i'm not on this forum to tell folk they need to fear God, that they need to believe the bible is in errant, that they are sinners and God is against sinners( that was my former dogmatic self). I'm here to tell all who will listen that God loves them just the way they are no matter how bad they see themselves and His grace,mercy, love and forgiveness abounds to them,now that takes faith to believe.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Not that i want to sound sarcastic, but tell us something knew. The OP is pointing out that the Scribes and Pharisees believed they were God fearing bible believers who were the children of Abraham, yet they had it all wrong.They believed a Messiah was to come (Jesus didn't fit their concept of a Messiah because he was far to wonderful and he freely forgave sin).
Like i have stated on this thread, history has a nasty habit of repeating itself.
Jesus "freely" forgave sin?

No conditions whatsoever?

Even the Pharisees' sins?

Fantastic then, why are we even having this discussion, if all sins are freely forgiven, including the Scribes and Pharisees who you keep going on and on about. Why are you bringing up their sins and the folly of their misunderstanding of Scripture if they are so freely forgiven?

Are you suggesting that Bible believing, God fearing people today have this same misconception of the Messiah... that He is far too wonderful and we just can't tolerate that? He freely forgives sin and we don't like that? We'd rather Him just save our self-righteous souls and leave the dirty rotten sinners to burn in hell???? (Nevermind, God will just freely forgive us for that attitude!)

Let me ask you... who really has the misconception? God's forgiveness is NOT without condition.

God is incredibly loving, has incredible forbearance, and is full of mercy. He is slow to anger, abounding in lovingkindness, and is long suffering.

HOWEVER...............................

His mercy is NOT WITHOUT CONDITION!

We are not entitled to God's mercy. God has commanded all men, everywhere, to repent. As a "Bible-believing, God-fearing" woman, I do not think I am better than anyone else or more deserving of God's abundant grace. Nor do I revel in the fact that many are unrepentant. I also don't live my life cowering in fear of God's anger, as some think. God's wrath is reserved for those who have hard and impenitent hearts. I urge men and women to repent of sin, and receive forgiveness and grace from God, and enter into true life.

Of course, this concept of Jesus doesn't fit many people's concept of the Messiah either, does it? Might I suggest it is because letting the Bible inform our beliefs is not as important as it should be?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:34 PM

Steph, how do you know you are one of God's elect?

Old 02-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Steph i disagree with you. And let me say this to you, i do not have it all worked out, i never have and never made that claim,i am forever learning and discovering, and learnt so much on this forum from others.I have no creed to be dogmatic about. I read the same bible you do, but see it obviously in a total different Light to you, i'm not on this forum to tell folk they need to fear God, that they need to believe the bible is in errant, that they are sinners and God is against sinners( that was my former dogmatic self). I'm here to tell all who will listen that God loves them just the way they are no matter how bad they see themselves and His grace,mercy, love and forgiveness abounds to them,now that takes faith to believe.
pcamps, as I said to you just now, I also do not have it all worked out. My understanding of the Bible has actually changed drastically in the last 6 months, to be honest. What I do not waver on, however, is that the Bible is an accurate revelation of God. The Scriptures are able to make us wise unto salvation which is through faith in Christ. This doesn't mean that my understanding of certain texts is fixed. Only that I believe they are true.

Blessings
Steph

Old 02-25-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Steph, how do you know you are one of God's elect?
Hi Solich,

The idea of 'knowing' that you are one of God's elect is interesting. In my observation (and my previous experience), being assured of your election these days tends to rest on being able to point to a place and time when you "received Jesus".

I've been reading 1 John and 1&2 Peter lately, and this very subject comes up often.

It is very very interesting what Peter and John have to say about being assured of your salvation!

Here is a good passage on the subject: 2 Peter 1:3-11

Blessings
Steph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity