U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:38 AM

322 posts, read 293,359 times

Advertisements

Would the Creator, with all the love, power and wisdom of the universe, make us all so different and then deem only one right way to get to His kingdom? I would think not. Who are we to decide which part of God is the best?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 06:49 AM

23,214 posts, read 13,727,919 times
I believe that we are all connected spiritually to God so I really don't think there is a wrong or right way. There is a universal energy that goes on forever that we are a part of.

I think most major religions have one basic thing in common, be good to your neighbor. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. I think we humans are too obsessed with the little detailed differences, wars are fought, people die over these differences that in the end will seem like nothing to us when we know the real truth.

My brother is a PHD in physics and knows many scientists who are convinced that we all share a certain energy wavelength that they cannot quite understand yet. I think the bible teaches us it's your soul.

I do not believe in hell. I think that we are all responsible for the good and the bad of the human race, we are all brothers.

I believe there are trillions of planets just like this populated by people just like us and we all share the same energy and we all have the same God.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I believe that we are all connected spiritually to God so I really don't think there is a wrong or right way. There is a universal energy that goes on forever that we are a part of.

I think most major religions have one basic thing in common, be good to your neighbor. Do onto others as you would have them do onto you. I think we humans are too obsessed with the little detailed differences, wars are fought, people die over these differences that in the end will seem like nothing to us when we know the real truth.

My brother is a PHD in physics and knows many scientists who are convinced that we all share a certain energy wavelength that they cannot quite understand yet. I think the bible teaches us it's your soul.

I do not believe in hell. I think that we are all responsible for the good and the bad of the human race, we are all brothers.

I believe there are trillions of planets just like this populated by people just like us and we all share the same energy and we all have the same God.
kool

nice name by the way ..cute

Old 03-04-2012, 07:05 AM

23,214 posts, read 13,727,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godservant View Post
kool

nice name by the way ..cute
LOL, thanks. In tribute to my wife's grandpa who always thought that was the funniest thing anyone ever did. He would tell his little grandchildren or great grandchildren the same thing and then make a funny face or noise when they did it. I guess you had to be there...

Old 03-04-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
LOL, thanks. In tribute to my wife's grandpa who always thought that was the funniest thing anyone ever did. He would tell his little grandchildren or great grandchildren the same thing and then make a funny face or noise when they did it. I guess you had to be there...
My granfather would do the same thing.. pull his finger and he would "fart" lol

i know what u mean

have a great day

blessings

Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 PM

34,779 posts, read 23,951,793 times
Quote:
Would the Creator, with all the love, power and wisdom of the universe, make us all so different and then deem only one right way to get to His kingdom? I would think not. Who are we to decide which part of God is the best?
God did what is best for us by putting His Kingdom within us,and when we acknowledge this in our lives, His Kingdom has truely come.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:16 AM

13,500 posts, read 17,524,686 times
What is this "kingdom" that you talk about?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 AM

17,966 posts, read 14,315,246 times
Quote:
So do you think God is unfair if He makes the rules in His universe?

Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM

12,029 posts, read 7,990,454 times
Quote:

Best post in the forum!!!

I believe there are trillions of planets just like this populated by people just like us

Exactly, but we may never see them. Bryan Greene goes as far as to say there are many replicas of us out there.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:31 PM

115 posts, read 106,377 times
You lost me a bit by adding the clause "of the universe". Also I think that once you whittle away all the things that don't matter to be able to get to his kingdom, there little there is to need to accept, is really quite minimal. Fore example, it doesn't matter if you accept you are saved by Jesus or Yeshua.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity