Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times

Advertisements

Hi, Mike's post does not explain or touch on the scriptures that tell us that Jesus has a God nor does it explain or touch on the teaching in the scriptures that Jesus is the image of God.

So my questions again are (in your own words) (for anyone who believes in a Trinity)

Do you believe that Jesus has a God? Yes or No.

What is an image or a representation to you?

The invisible God, the Father of Jesus, is spirit, according to Jesus.

God bless and peace.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:09 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
You have no need of asking me.
You find what you seek.
I was asking in general...

I've been seeking another habitable planet for a while, now. One doesn't always find what they seek, but pretending they have often allows them to stop searching. Searching must have been so tiring for a lot of the unbelievers, that they decided to forsake the self-evident truth in Agnosticism and settle for palatable lies.

Who can answer me, sincerely instead please, why this concept of a trinity is important AT ALL if Jesus' height doesn't matter, or the way God conceived with a WOMEN doesn't matter.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, Mike's post does not explain or touch on the scriptures that tell us that Jesus has a God nor does it explain or touch on the teaching in the scriptures that Jesus is the image of God.

So my questions again are (in your own words)

Do you believe that Jesus has a God? Yes or No.

What is an image or a representation to you?

The invisible God, the Father of Jesus, is spirit, according to Jesus.

God bless and peace.
Colossians 1:15 "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation".

The is one of the strongest statements that prove Jesus is not only equal to God, He IS God. As the visible image of the invisible God, He is the exact representation of God.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Colossians 1:15 "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation".

The is one of the strongest statements that prove Jesus is not only equal to God, He IS God. As the visible image of the invisible God, He is the exact representation of God.
Colossians 1
"15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." (NAS)

So what is an image or a representation to you, ILNC?

And does Jesus, our Lord, have a God?

God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 03-14-2012 at 08:29 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,723,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
Sorry friend, but we have no common ground for any kind of meaningful debate. I believe the Bible is inspired and infallible. Regardless of what argument I present, you will says it's folklore.

Katie
RESPONSE:

The Bible isn't "infallible" if it contains errors. I've already cited several regarding the claimed Mosaic authorship of the first five books of the Bible.

As Wikipedia summarizes so nicely, there are two types of belief systems, reason and faith.
  1. Rationalism holds that truth should be determined by reason and factual analysis, rather than faith, dogma, tradition or religious teaching.
  2. Fideism holds that faith is necessary, and that beliefs may be held without evidence or reason, or even in conflict with evidence and reason.
I prefer the first type of belief, also called evidence-based belief.

But you can choose the second if you are more comfortable with it.

If you want to investigate one contradiction, start at the beginning of the New Testament. When was Jesus born? Before 4 BC (Matthew 2) or in 6 AD (Luke 2)?

Last edited by ancient warrior; 03-14-2012 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-14-2012, 08:32 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times

God bless and peace.[/quote]

An image is the exact likeness and yes Jesus does have a God in the Trinity, three persons in one essence.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Colossians 1
"15 [w]He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation." (NAS)

God bless and peace.
RESPONSE:

(1) Merriam-Webster definitons:

Image = a reproduction or imitation of the form of a person or thing; especially : an imitation in solid form : statue

Representation = a : an artistic likeness or image

Gen 1:27 "So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them;

(2) Yes

Question: What does Independent Living of Niagara County (ILNC) have to do which you question?

Last edited by ancient warrior; 03-14-2012 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: add

Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Yikes, what a mega-thread! I believe, based on the history of the evolution of the Jewish religion, that the trinity came from people's inability to subscribe to a "just one God and that's it" belief. The trinity managed to bridge this gap by saying God "was" three gods (in effect)...hence allowing people to transition over to monotheism, which (monotheism) is a neat manipulative tool since you can't feel that if this God doesn't approve of you, you can just go over to another God (and perhaps another earthly believer in Him/Her).

Old 03-14-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
An image is the exact likeness and yes Jesus does have a God in the Trinity, three persons in one essence.
So is the exact likeness of something the same thing as the original? So Jesus has a God in the Trinity, is this what you are saying? One of the three persons is the God of one or the other two?

God bless and peace.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

God bless and peace.
An image is the exact likeness and yes Jesus does have a God in the Trinity, three persons in one essence.[/quote]

Question:

If the three persons are co-equal, how do you tell them apart?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity