Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 12:50 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

I'm sure my opinion is not popular or welcome but just to add my two cents, I think you should have been tased and jailed.

Old 03-08-2012, 12:54 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Quote:
That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death...
One of these days a people are going rise up and take their calling seriously - no offense but is anyone interested in being molded into the nature of Christ?
But in the mean time you have to obey the speed limits, or if you choose not to, pay the fine instead of whimpering to god about it.

Old 03-08-2012, 01:26 PM

115 posts, read 115,208 times
Given your irrational sense of fear about that other driver and sense of urgency to pray right iin front of the police officer instead of taking business now and praying later, it suggests to me that you may have a mental illness, problem, whatever you want to call it that can be treated by medicine and I suggest that you go to a professional that can diagnose and write psychological prescriptions.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:37 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,761,515 times
What do you think God is thinking when he sees these posts? No encouragement, no prayers, and talk about worldly matters and disbelief in what the Bible says. I will let God judge the people here...

Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
You should plead the blood of Jesus Judgment on the issue and ask Jesus to make a plan for you to pay the fine and have victory in Jesus name Glory to God ..... See Jesus gives good gifts , and stabilities is in the heart of the Lord for His Children , which would be God will....Pray.Father.Rebuke the demons and lose the wicked angels and bind them up , and caste them all down in Jesus name , and be free indeed ...See prayer of authority through Jesus blood frees Believers and open doors for Jesus ministries , which all believer can be called by Jesus to be a blessing ,...

Old 03-08-2012, 04:52 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Poor Stan. Stan gets blamed for all sorts of things.

the city, you should re-read your post a few times. Why did you cite bible verses to the officer? What was your goal in doing so? Just something to think about. And thinking to yourself "I doubt it" when the officer said he was a christian... why would you think that? you don't know the man, do you? So if he had not given you a ticket, would you have thought "now THAT man is a true christian!" think about it. Not beating up on you here, just trying to get you to look at your own motivations. We're here to learn. Learn something from this.

peace
I was thinking along the same lines. Should Christians expect other Christians to sweep speeding tickets under the rug. Isn't that unethical? And if I thought Satan was out to get me every time something didn't go my way, I'd be very deluded.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,791,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
The man would not allow me to pray and consult God as it says we should do. The man said I was going 86 when he had no recorded speed and I had 75 on my radar. And he also said God is not always right.

GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
But YOU aren't always right. You seem to be self righteous, though.

God wants His children to take responsibility for themselves, not to hold out their so called Christianity as a get out of jail free card.

Do you suppose Jesus would have used His powers of the miracle to fix traffic tickets?

Sorry you had a bad day. Too bad you aren't Catholic. You could offer up your suffering to the poor souls in purgatory so as to shorten their sentences.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
The man would not allow me to pray and consult God as it says we should do. The man said I was going 86 when he had no recorded speed and I had 75 on my radar. And he also said God is not always right.

GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT!
You get chosen to host a Youth Group and your PRIDE goes out the roof. You're SO important, doing God's work, that any little annoyance is some massive, cosmic attack of Satan to stop you from doing God's work, right?

Don't expect a police officer, who has just caught you breaking the law, to tolerate your crazy, self-important delusions of grandeur. He is going to think you are crazy, like I personally do, when you tell him you to need to pray first, or read the Bible to him.

You must have told him that the officer was wrong, because God would tell the truth of the matter. LOL. How's that for megalomania? Very "Christ-Like".... very meek.... Remember those words "render unto Caesar" and Paul's admonition that the ruling powers are in power because God put them in power, so you had better obey them? Forget about those?
It doesn't matter if the Officer disagrees with you on religion - a traffic altercation is not the place to discuss it.

Quote:
What do you think God is thinking when he sees these posts? No encouragement, no prayers, and talk about worldly matters and disbelief in what the Bible says. I will let God judge the people here...
People tend not to encourage people who act crazy, and use religion as a shield against bad behavior. There have been prayers. Oh yes. I have been praying that the next time you get pulled over, you go completely over the line and the police put you somewhere where your delusions of chosen-one grandeur do not threaten, harm or even annoy others.

Plus, you've been attempting to call the wrath of God down on virtually everyone, including those posters who don't bow down to you and start praying for you and encouraging you in your attitude. You seriously need to re-evaluate your relationship with God - I just prayed, and He told me he is VERY dissapointed in you. You had better go spend some time apologizing to Him for using Him in such a self-serving manner. God also said he doesn't take requests for "Judging People" anymore. He mentioned something about removing the splinter from your own eye first, and said that He thought He had that written down somewhere and couldn't believe you had missed it....

Old 03-08-2012, 09:03 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Default Satan has been attacking me this week, please pray God save me....

Could you explain why you believe that Satan has targeted you out of the 6 billion + people on the earth using a speeding ticket????

Old 03-08-2012, 09:34 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,045,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Could you explain why you believe that Satan has targeted you out of the 6 billion + people on the earth using a speeding ticket????
He apparantly talks to God on a regular basis - I can only assume that God informed him of Satan's nefarious schemes to entangle him in the evil world of traffic tickets and body repair shops. What will it be next? Rush Hour traffic is in cahoots to stop him from getting to his Youth Pastor job? He will probably call Fire and Brimstone down on the waiting cars. A convenience store clerk rejects his debit card, because he withdrew it buying copies of "Satan - the Hidden Enemy Who is Always Out to Get You"? Woe to her! She shall be consigned to the lowest layer of Hell, by his power!

This thread is amusing, but very, very scary....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity