U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:57 AM

4,883 posts, read 11,505,124 times

Advertisements

I have talked to several people this week about Christ and set a spark in several people and started serving at a low-income youth group.

Before the youth group some jerk clipped my car and I felt to scared to get his info.

And secondly, a cop ticketed me when I was going around 75 maybe but was slowing down way before the cop and cop had my speed at like 65 on the radar. I then felt prompted to pray and read my bible and read the verse to the highway patrolmen and request the highway patrolmen wait until I prayed. The highway patrolmen said he was a christian (i doubt it) and said god is not right all the time and that he didn't want to hear the verse even though i read it and he would not honor my request to pray over his decision. I then went to chp station and prayed over it.

And then went to bible study group to ask for further prayer.

I was totally honest with this officer and respectful of him. I told him yes I was going a little fast, but I was having a bad night and I just got back from a youth group.

Also I had an uncle who passed away this week.

I have enough money to cover the guy who clipped my car, but not for this ticket so I pray the Lord gets a hold of that man or judge or the ticket the officer wrote and not let it harm me.

Finances are already tough with me right now.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 AM

61,305 posts, read 79,715,095 times
good prayer. but the truth has gota hold the ground.
God is truth.
u were speeding.
u should have taken the guys license plate that clipped u, u didnt.
the cop did not need a sermon. he did his job.
u need to do your part too.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
God is truth.
u were speeding.
u should have taken the guys license plate that clipped u, u didn't.
Yeah but my speed was not what he posted it as. The Lord would want the truth from both sides.

And the Lord would not want me to get clipped and a ticket right after doing his bidding this week. That is not how God rewards his people. Satan wants me to be tired and depressed and have me blame this on God and not help out again.

The Lord also does not always say the Land of the Law is right. If the law was to kill every firstborn child, then is the law right?

If the Lord prompted me to get to a youth group service or to pray for some one fast, then do you think the Law should be enforced?

The Lord and his followers should be control of this Earth, not Satan and his followers.

If the law is out to hurt God's followers that are doing his bidding, then the Lord would not want this.

I am hopeful the Lord help me not speed and that the Lord help me out of this and the Lord gets me back serving him again at that youth group and continuing to talk to people about Christ.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM

3,488 posts, read 3,548,912 times
SO you were speeding, reading Bible verses to a police officer in some attempt to get out of a ticket, someone dinged you, and you wish that "the LORD" gets ahold of these various people who you feel are working against you - pawns of Satan? You also feel that you can break any law you want because "sometimes the LORD feels the land of the law is not right"? In addition, you cannot believe that some of this stuff happened to you (through your own fault - NOT Satan obscuring your actual speed from the Officer), because you expect only good things from being a Christian? You think the Law is actively working against Christians? Oh mercy....

You - my friend - are scary. Can you imagine if Jesus had whined this much on the cross? Or the disciples? Oh, yeh - the Disciples did whine about earthly rewards for their service, and Jesus was quick to show them how clueless they were if they thought this way.

Responsibiility is the key. I'm worried that I'll read about you some day in the paper...pick up the Book of Job, and read it. Your traffic ticket is...well, nothing on the cosmic scale of theodicy.

This person said it perfectly already:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
God is truth.
u were speeding.
u should have taken the guys license plate that clipped u, u didnt.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:30 AM

7,616 posts, read 12,560,123 times
Quote:
That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made conformable unto His death...
One of these days a people are going rise up and take their calling seriously - no offense but is anyone interested in being molded into the nature of Christ?

Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 AM

11,802 posts, read 7,663,819 times
You should not bother the Lord with prayer about such mundane things (speeding tickets). What were you thinking?

You could simply think about God instead of trying to verbalize your prayer to the cop. Obviously you were trying to use God to see if you could get the cop to let you go. Don't bother the Lord with petty issues.

The excuse of Stan made me do it is not valid in a court of law.

Satan cannot make you do anything you do not want to do.

In fact, it is the evil within you that makes yo do bad things. Trying to manipulate the cop with Bible verses is not right. No one likes to be manipulated.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:22 AM

7,008 posts, read 5,470,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The excuse of Stan made me do it is not valid in a court of law.

Poor Stan. Stan gets blamed for all sorts of things.

the city, you should re-read your post a few times. Why did you cite bible verses to the officer? What was your goal in doing so? Just something to think about. And thinking to yourself "I doubt it" when the officer said he was a christian... why would you think that? you don't know the man, do you? So if he had not given you a ticket, would you have thought "now THAT man is a true christian!" think about it. Not beating up on you here, just trying to get you to look at your own motivations. We're here to learn. Learn something from this.

peace

Old 03-08-2012, 11:34 AM

11,802 posts, read 7,663,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Poor Stan. Stan gets blamed for all sorts of things.

peace

Stan is the new modern name of Satan. He does not go by Lucifer anymore.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:58 AM

The man would not allow me to pray and consult God as it says we should do. The man said I was going 86 when he had no recorded speed and I had 75 on my radar. And he also said God is not always right.

GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT!

Old 03-08-2012, 12:12 PM

7,008 posts, read 5,470,108 times
Quote:
And the Lord would not want me to get clipped and a ticket right after doing his bidding this week. That is not how God rewards his people.
This is your problem.
You feel you should be "rewarded by God".

WRONG.

This is what it means when it says your righteousness is like rags.

When you do things out of LOVE in your heart, SELFLESS love with NO THOUGHT of future reward, that is truly "doing his bidding".

When you do things out of a thought "surely I shall be rewarded for this" then THAT is what is "dirty rags".

God looks at the HEART.

Your expecting reward... is pointing out to you, what you NEED to learn.
and even if you say "well I wasn't expecting a reward..I was sincere" your annoyance at getting a ticket and saying "this is not how God rewards his people!" shows you your error.

Ponder this.

Take responsibility for your own actions and LEARN.
Again, friend, that is what we are HERE FOR. To learn.
Do you think you are the first person to learn this lesson?
haha. NO. You are not.

peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.