Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:11 PM

910 posts, read 1,337,641 times

Advertisements

Christ knew this and told us that a time is coming when the true worshipers will worship The Father in spirit and in truth. In effect there are true worshipers and there are 'worshipers'

And there are true believers and ordinary believers. The Christ told us this himself.

If you love me, obey my commandments.

This is the condition for an ordinary believer to migrate to true believer status. It does not need going to church on Sunday, speaking in tongues and all other laughable things common with modern day Christianity. It needs baptism of the Holy Spirit and practicing of the teachings of Christ.

So when next you hear a brother or a sister parrot their believe, just because they know he died, rose up after the 3rd, please understand that they may not be real deal. Watch their actions, for through their actions you know a true believer or not.

The interesting thing is that that a true believer may be a muslim, a Hindu or may come from any persuasion. Any persuasion. He might not know Christ or might not even have heard of him, but through his actions, you see love, you see God. That is the sought of person already in heaven.

May his peace and blessings continue to abide with us all, especially all lovers of truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
I thought the Father was seeking those who worship him in Spirit and truth .

Old 03-29-2012, 06:22 PM

120 posts, read 119,247 times
Jah is the unsearchable entity, no discussion
underway over his divinity, Oh lord, there is much
more to see but nothing to prove.

Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Christ knew this and told us that a time is coming when the true worshipers will worship The Father in spirit and in truth. In effect there are true worshipers and there are 'worshipers'

And there are true believers and ordinary believers. The Christ told us this himself.

If you love me, obey my commandments.

This is the condition for an ordinary believer to migrate to true believer status. It does not need going to church on Sunday, speaking in tongues and all other laughable things common with modern day Christianity. It needs baptism of the Holy Spirit and practicing of the teachings of Christ.

So when next you hear a brother or a sister parrot their believe, just because they know he died, rose up after the 3rd, please understand that they may not be real deal. Watch their actions, for through their actions you know a true believer or not.

The interesting thing is that that a true believer may be a muslim, a Hindu or may come from any persuasion. Any persuasion. He might not know Christ or might not even have heard of him, but through his actions, you see love, you see God. That is the sought of person already in heaven.

May his peace and blessings continue to abide with us all, especially all lovers of truth.
The context was Christ speaking with the Samaritan woman (John 4:22-30). The rest of the exchange includes her response, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” --- Jesus replied, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

We do not have the liberty to simply take partial teachings out of context from God's Word (the Bible) and declare that they have a universal application to "Any persuasion ... Muslim or Hinduism. The Bible focuses on Jesus Christ, the one and only way provided by God (Jn. 14:4) and declares "There is no other name given under heaven by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). This certainly does not suggest that knowing Christ or even hearing of Christ is only a frivolous extra. Likewise, when Jesus declared, "If you love me, you will keep my commands" .... he did not further expand that teaching to say... OR the commands of anyone who you believe is going the 'right direction' or talks about love and peace.

When Jesus declares that "God seeks those who worship Him in Spirit and truth," (John 4:22-30) -- He was speaking about the 'Truth' God has provided .... not simply a 'sincere' belief among men in anything men declare truth or God. In one sense, everyone could be a "true believer", regardless of what they believe in, but, that does not make it so. As Jesus pointed out, "You honor me with your lips, but, your heart is far from ME" -- The truth is that there are many paths to Christ, but, Christ is the only path to God .... any declaration of 'another way' is false doctrine, not a 'true belief'.

Last edited by jghorton; 03-29-2012 at 06:45 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 09:26 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
If I understand your OP correctly what you're saying is that just because someone calls themselves a Christian doesn't mean they truly are one. Only God knows the heart of a man but we can know another true believer by the way he/she lives their lives.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_loves_to_cook View Post
If I understand your OP correctly what you're saying is that just because someone calls themselves a Christian doesn't mean they truly are one. Only God knows the heart of a man but we can know another true believer by the way he/she lives their lives.
You got me

Old 03-30-2012, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
The context was Christ speaking with the Samaritan woman (John 4:22-30). The rest of the exchange includes her response, “I know that Messiah” (called Christ) “is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us.” --- Jesus replied, “I, the one speaking to you—I am he.”

We do not have the liberty to simply take partial teachings out of context from God's Word (the Bible) and declare that they have a universal application to "Any persuasion ... Muslim or Hinduism. The Bible focuses on Jesus Christ, the one and only way provided by God (Jn. 14:4) and declares "There is no other name given under heaven by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). This certainly does not suggest that knowing Christ or even hearing of Christ is only a frivolous extra. Likewise, when Jesus declared, "If you love me, you will keep my commands" .... he did not further expand that teaching to say... OR the commands of anyone who you believe is going the 'right direction' or talks about love and peace.

When Jesus declares that "God seeks those who worship Him in Spirit and truth," (John 4:22-30) -- He was speaking about the 'Truth' God has provided .... not simply a 'sincere' belief among men in anything men declare truth or God. In one sense, everyone could be a "true believer", regardless of what they believe in, but, that does not make it so. As Jesus pointed out, "You honor me with your lips, but, your heart is far from ME" -- The truth is that there are many paths to Christ, but, Christ is the only path to God .... any declaration of 'another way' is false doctrine, not a 'true belief'.
"Your heart is far from Me", is an acknowledgement of the lack of love shown by the religious leaders of those days. The irony is that today not much has changed, the lack of love has increased severalfold.

Christ asks you to love, to forgive, to receive your fellow man. To love Christ is to obey the commandment of love. God is love, Christ is also love. Only those that live their lives in love are believers in God or Christ. Those are the true believers, the true worshipers.

Christ did not establish any church when he was on earth. Matter of fact, his life was that of a man with a different doctrine, who was at home in all places of worship. The church his followers started was meant to propagate his unique teaching of love, but that church did not endure as 'the prince of this world came' and established their own brand of church, which is the Christianity we see now.

That brand of Christianity has no hand in God, because it did not come out of love. Little wonder in the Rev to John, the risen Christ warned the 7 churches about their impending doom unless they repented.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Malbron. I don't know what religion you have there, but I am not aware of any religion that teaches what you espouse there. Christianity certainly rejects what you're promoting.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 AM

461 posts, read 480,542 times
True worshipers worship righteously,in spirit and in truth.They practice virtue and act justly, proclaiming what is right and walking in the paths of the Lord.

Psalms1:5
"The wicked will not stand in judgment, nor sinners in the company of the just; for the Lord watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked will perish".

11:7
"For the Lord is righteous; he loves righteous works; the upright shall behold his face".

"All those who do right shall rise to live."

I the Lord say what is right,says the Lord the God of hosts.I speak the truth.

Speak the truth. says the Lord. Do what is right and just.

"No one acts righteously, no one speaks truthfully, they refuse to recognize me ,says the Lord.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Malbron. I don't know what religion you have there, but I am not aware of any religion that teaches what you espouse there. Christianity certainly rejects what you're promoting.
..am surprised you say this. Am only repeating scripture. What Christ said. Show me a true believer, I will show you his actions. The devils also believe in God and know he is the Almighty. They know Christ died and rose after 3 days, but they deny him by refusing to practice his injunctions of love.

Christianity as it is now is no different from the religion of the Jews that Christ criticized in those days. God is looking for true worshipers even among Christians and other religions.

Do you understand me better? And I doubt in the last day you will be judged by your faith. No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity