Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2015, 06:25 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times

Advertisements

Do any Christians here believe in process theology (the philosophical and theological position that God is changing as is the universe)? If so, what scripture supports this claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 03:07 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
In relation to sin God cannot change as sin will always be sin no matter what some liberal may desire because of the spiritual authority of God which has no authority to rule with sin ...........In Hebrew 13:8-9....says `` Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever ...............Do not be carried away by varied and strange teaching for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited ``................... Still new animal have not been created by God in the earth because the earth and many people and animals are still under the dominion of sin and the devil ..................Where God now has authority to remove sin through Jesus and the justice of the cross of Christ , God will only uses this authority by the faith and expectation of His Children to exercise ......................... Where in the universe which is sterile of life outside of the earth God may have more liberty to exercise creation

Old 09-15-2015, 12:40 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Do any Christians here believe in process theology (the philosophical and theological position that God is changing as is the universe)? If so, what scripture supports this claim?
Only over 50 verses in the OT and NT that refer to God as the Living God! Living IS a process, John.

Old 09-16-2015, 06:51 AM

802 posts, read 453,859 times
If one believes that God is eternal and the cause of everything that exixts than:

God cannot change since change involves gaining or loosing something. If gained, where would it have come from? If lost, where would it go?

Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 AM

598 posts, read 358,036 times
As the Bible says of God, "I change not," and other than extending mercy iin place of judgment this will always be true

Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The same goes for Jesus Christ who is the same today as yesterday and tomorrow

He.13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:23 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Thanks for the replies. I've had a Christian pose this as a subject for discussion in a group of which I'm a member. I was hoping to gain a bit of insight into the Christian's perspective before discussing it.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:35 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
As the Bible says of God, "I change not," and other than extending mercy iin place of judgment this will always be true
Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
The same goes for Jesus Christ who is the same today as yesterday and tomorrow
He.13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
These verse refer to God's character and true nature. God is a Living God and life is growth and reproduction. Here are just some of the NT references:

Matthew 16:16
And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Matthew 26:63
But Jesus held his peace, And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God.

John 6:69
And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Acts 14:15
And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein:

Romans 9:26
And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Hebrews 3:12
Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 9:14
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Hebrews 10:31
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Hebrews 12:22
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the lliving God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Old 09-18-2015, 07:47 AM

598 posts, read 358,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
These verse refer to God's character and true nature. God is a Living God and life is growth and reproduction. Here are just some of the NT references:
Christ the seed in us AKA the Holy Spirit in Christians is a seed that if fed the truth will mature into the fulness of the Tree of Life AKA Jesus Christ whom the seed came from.

Within Christians, the partial spirit given to them through the baptism of the holy Spirit is a growing new source of life versus the spirit of man we were first born as. The spirit of man AKA Adam in us is already condemned to a life of sin and death. Should a person receive Christ the seed in this life they have stepped from death (because God calls things as if they are even though they are not yet) into life that will never die. This is the first resurrection.

On the other hand , the God and creator of the Universe is a complete seven fold spirit (as listed in Isa.11:2) Who does not change other that extending mercy in place of judgement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity