Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,609,095 times

Advertisements

Under the Law of Moses, the priesthood and royal line were required to be separate by bloodline. The Priesthood was only from the tribe of Levi after the Order of Aaron. The Royal line was only to be from the tribe of Judah. The Messiah Jesus was from the Tribe of Judah. Under the Mosaic Law, JESUS COULD NOT BE HIGH PRIEST! This is proof that the Mosaic Law has been fulfilled and abolished in Christ. Jesus is BOTH our King and High Priest. He is after the order of Melchizedek not Aaron. Melchizedek, besides Christ and the 24 elders, is the only one described as both a King and a Priest.

Melchizedek received tithes from Abraham so he was superior to Abraham as the greater received tithes from the lessor and the greater blessed the lessor. He was also prior to the Aaronic Priesthood.

The Old Priesthood officially expired during Jesus trial when the then High Priest Caiaphas tore his clothing. This was forbidden in the Torah (Lev 10:6).

Jesus both Fulfilled the Law and has Superseded it. We are under the New Covenant. The Messiah has come. The Aaronic Priesthood has been abolished along with the Mosaic Law. Christ is our High Priest - our sole Mediator between God and man (1 Tim 5:2). After the Order of Melchizedek not Aaron.

Psalm 110

1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 07:43 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,911,355 times
Nice post.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:41 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,920,608 times
"For The Priesthood Being Changed 0f Necessity
There Is Also A Change 0f The Law." - Heb.7:12

Old 04-21-2012, 03:37 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,984,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Under the Law of Moses, the priesthood and royal line were required to be separate by bloodline. The Priesthood was only from the tribe of Levi after the Order of Aaron. The Royal line was only to be from the tribe of Judah. The Messiah Jesus was from the Tribe of Judah. Under the Mosaic Law, JESUS COULD NOT BE HIGH PRIEST! This is proof that the Mosaic Law has been fulfilled and abolished in Christ. Jesus is BOTH our King and High Priest. He is after the order of Melchizedek not Aaron. Melchizedek, besides Christ and the 24 elders, is the only one described as both a King and a Priest.

Melchizedek received tithes from Abraham so he was superior to Abraham as the greater received tithes from the lessor and the greater blessed the lessor. He was also prior to the Aaronic Priesthood.

The Old Priesthood officially expired during Jesus trial when the then High Priest Caiaphas tore his clothing. This was forbidden in the Torah (Lev 10:6).

Jesus both Fulfilled the Law and has Superseded it. We are under the New Covenant. The Messiah has come. The Aaronic Priesthood has been abolished along with the Mosaic Law. Christ is our High Priest - our sole Mediator between God and man (1 Tim 5:2). After the Order of Melchizedek not Aaron.

Psalm 110

1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
You do realize Mary was a cousin to Elisabeth, don't you?

The point? Elisabeth was a 'daughter of Aaron' meaning Mary, on her mother's side, was also of the lineage of Levi so Messiah WAS both; of the tribe of Levi and of the tribe of Judah.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:15 PM

461 posts, read 479,195 times
It is not that the son of man is from a particular tribe but of the attributes of Melchizedek. The Messiah is the anointed who is One but not only one in number, One in the Lord. That is why Jesus said and I do as well that He has brothers and mothers and sisters who do the will of the Lord.The son of man comes to make brothers and sisters who are One. The Lord anoints those who do His will.

Isaiah 61;1 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion— to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit. They will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display his glory. 4 They shall build up the ancient ruins, they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations. 5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, foreigners shall till your land and dress your vines; 6 but you shall be called priests of the Lord, you shall be named [B]ministers[/b] of our God; you shall enjoy the wealth of the nations, and in their riches you shall glory. 7 Because their shame was double, and dishonor was proclaimed as their lot, therefore they shall possess a double portion; everlasting joy shall be theirs. 8 For I the Lord love justice, I hate robbery and wrongdoing; I will faithfully give them their recompense, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9 Their descendants shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples; all who see them shall acknowledge that they are a people whom the Lord has blessed. 10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my whole being shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 11 For as the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring up before all the nations.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
It is not that the son of man is from a particular tribe but of the attributes of Melchizedek. The Messiah is the anointed who is One but not only one in number, One in the Lord. That is why Jesus said and I do as well that He has brothers and mothers and sisters who do the will of the Lord.The son of man comes to make brothers and sisters who are One. The Lord anoints those who do His will.

Isaiah 61;1 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; 2 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; 3 to provide for those who mourn in Zion— to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit. They will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display his glory. 4 They shall build up the ancient ruins, they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations. 5 Strangers shall stand and feed your flocks, foreigners shall till your land and dress your vines; 6 but you shall be called priests of the Lord, you shall be named [B]ministers[/b] of our God; you shall enjoy the wealth of the nations, and in their riches you shall glory. 7 Because their shame was double, and dishonor was proclaimed as their lot, therefore they shall possess a double portion; everlasting joy shall be theirs. 8 For I the Lord love justice, I hate robbery and wrongdoing; I will faithfully give them their recompense, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9 Their descendants shall be known among the nations, and their offspring among the peoples; all who see them shall acknowledge that they are a people whom the Lord has blessed. 10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my whole being shall exult in my God; for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation, he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with a garland, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 11 For as the earth brings forth its shoots, and as a garden causes what is sown in it to spring up, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring up before all the nations.
Isaiah 61 is indeed a beautiful passage, but is not relevant to this thread.

The Body of Christ are all recognized as priests all in one Spirit under our High Priest - the sole Mediator between God and Man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

The Levitical priesthood could not bring perfection.

Hebrews 7:11
If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Jesus was from the Royal Tribe of Judah. He would be currently transgressing the Law if it had not been "disannuled". It was abolished and superceded by a Priesthood after the Order of Melchisedec which could bring perfection.

This Priesthood derives from the Mosaic Law. The Priesthood has changed. So has the Law.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

The Lord Jesus has not an unchangeable Priesthood. Aaron's was temporary.

Hebrews 7:24
But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.

The very concept that Jesus is from the tribe of Judah is proof that the Mosaic Law has been fulfilled and superseded. Under the Mosaic Law, ONLY the Levites could be Priest after the Order of Aaron. Jesus would be a transgressor of the Mosaic Law because he was not from the tribe of Levi. Since we know that isn't the case we can rest in the reality that the Mosaic Law has been both fulfilled in Christ and superceded by a New Law and Covenant. Our High Priest is forever after the Order of Melchizedek - an order in which he can be both King and Priest as it is not subject to the Mosaic Law.

The Levite priesthood officially became history when the then High Priest Caiaphas tore his garment upon Jesus proclaiming himself as the Messiah the Son of the Living God at his trial.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
You do realize Mary was a cousin to Elisabeth, don't you?
The Greek word is 'syngenis' meaning Relative. Islam's position is that Mary was from the Tribe of Levi using the position that she was Elizabeth's 'Cousin'.

Luke 1:30
And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” 34 And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?

Mary didn't say how this could be that he would be of his Father David.

Both Mary and Joseph were of the Tribe of Judah. Mary was a descendant from Nathan, Son of David. (Luke 3)

As for Joseph

Luke 1
27To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Old 04-21-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Isaiah 61 is indeed a beautiful passage, but is not relevant to this thread.

The Body of Christ are all recognized as priests all in one Spirit under our High Priest - the sole Mediator between God and Man Christ Jesus.
Jesus wanted all His followers to be like Him. But Christianity follows Paul to their own destruction because they put Jesus on a pedestal and because of it cannot follow Him. Jesus said "It is enough for the pupil to become like his teacher, the slave to be like his master." Jesus never said He was a high priest. It is Paul and those who are in their own darkness and confusion. You have been misled.

"The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed." This is more than one anointed but the so called Jews thought the Messiah was only one person as those who follow Paul still do.Yes Jesus was anointed but He and the Father call everyone to be anointed.

Just as God called Israel His son, they were more than one person, so it is with the son of man. He is Israel, the chosen, who serve the Lord. Jesus was saying that the son is Israel and those like Him are Israel, the son of man.

"The son of man comes eating and drinking." The definiton of that scripture is in this next one.

"My servants will eat but you will go hungry. My servants will drink but you will go thirsty."

See, it is the servant that eats and drinks. So the son of man is the servant of the Lord but Christians think it is only Jesus. But what does he eat and drink?

JN 4:32 "I have food to eat that you do not know."

JN 4:34 "My food is doing the will of my heavenly Father and bringing His work to completion."

Those who follow the son of man will see his glory and those who do what is right will see his face.

JN 14:9 "Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father."

Old 04-21-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
Jesus wanted all His followers to be like Him. But Christianity follows Paul to their own destruction because they put Jesus on a pedestal and because of it cannot follow Him.
Notice I did not mention Paul at all. I did this for a reason. All followers are to let his Spirit work through us conforming us into his image. No one is denying this.

Quote:
Jesus said "It is enough for the pupil to become like his teacher, the slave to be like his master." Jesus never said He was a high priest. It is Paul and those who are in their own darkness and confusion. You have been misled.
The passage quoted was Psalm 110. The Messiah is Priest after the Order of Melchizedek. Not the Order of Aaron. The Aaronic Priesthood has been superceded. The Messiah has come. We are under the New Covenant.

Quote:
"The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed." This is more than one anointed but the so called Jews thought the Messiah was only one person as those who follow Paul still do.Yes Jesus was anointed but He and the Father call everyone to be anointed.
There is one Messiah/Christ meaning "Anointed one". Christ is the sole mediator between God and man in his role as our High Priest.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Notice I did not mention Paul at all. I did this for a reason. All followers are to let his Spirit work through us conforming us into his image. No one is denying this.

The passage quoted was Psalm 110. The Messiah is Priest after the Order of Melchizedek. Not the Order of Aaron. The Aaronic Priesthood has been superceded. The Messiah has come. We are under the New Covenant.

There is one Messiah/Christ meaning "Anointed one". Christ is the sole mediator between God and man in his role as our High Priest.
You did mention the book of Hebrews that many ascribe to Paul.

It's been 2000 years and still Christians are not in His image.

Time for a change.

I guess you do not believe the scripture about the people being the anointed or Israel being the son of God, His first born.

Psalm 28:8 "The Lord is the strength of His people, the saving refuge of His anointed."

"I have given them the glory you gave me so they will be One as we are One. I in them, and you in me, so they will be brought to perfection as One."

As you can see there is One who is anointed.

My son, if you receive my words and treasure my commands,
Turning your ear to wisdom, inclining your heart to understanding;
Yes, if you call to intelligence, and to understanding raise your voice;
If you seek her like silver, and like hidden treasures search her out:
Then you will understand the fear of the Lord; the knowledge of God you will find;

For the Lord gives wisdom, from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
He gives treasures in wisdom to the upright, he is the shield of those who walk honestly.

Last edited by Princely; 04-21-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity