Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,924,048 times

Advertisements

Seldom do I ask a question.

So when I do, it is for real.
Not a trick question.
I really want to know if anyone here knows.

HOW the "Oneness" doctrine teaches about The Trinity?

Yes, I will look it up and search it out by myself if I have to.

But I was just wondering if their is anyone here
who is 'Oneness' or knows about this teaching.

I could ask someone in my family.
But then that may open a door that has already been shut in my face.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:23 PM

120 posts, read 119,059 times
these are all just concepts , differnt concepts tath differnt people have become attached to and worship.
we worship conditions of the mind.. we worship our egos .. we worship idols of what we think we are.. we dont even realise it..

we are all the same thing, the same life, the thoughts that we have about who we are , are not who we are.. even the thoughts of the beliefs that we are so attached to.. the stories that we are attached to.. we are none of these things.. none of these mind questions can ever get us to the place we long for.. freedom to live, fully, eternally every moment.. instead of following dead thougths and objects of the mind, truth is eternal. not trapped by the mind or in any of its thougths or beliefs

Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,675,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
Seldom do I ask a question.

So when I do, it is for real.
Not a trick question.
I really want to know if anyone here knows.

HOW the "Oneness" doctrine teaches about The Trinity?

Yes, I will look it up and search it out by myself if I have to.

But I was just wondering if their is anyone here
who is 'Oneness' or knows about this teaching.

I could ask someone in my family.
But then that may open a door that has already been shut in my face.

Thanks.
They are Pentecostal.....
Oneness groups are decidedly Arminian in the doctrine of salvation. They deny predestination and maintain that it is completely up to the individual to decide whether or not he wants to be saved.
They also teach that it is possible to lose one's salvation.

From what I read they do not believe in the Trinity... they believe and teach that God is a single person who was manifested as Father in creation and as the Father of the Son, in the Son for our redemption, and as the Holy Spirit in our regeneration.
Their theology teaches that God revealed himself as Father in the Old Testament, as the Son in Jesus during Christ’s ministry on earth, and now as the Holy Spirit after Christ’s ascension.

They are strong believer's in the teaching of speaking in tongues and the Oneness church members believe it is the evidence they are saved..... and that it is a necessary manifestation of the Holy Spirit.... in their members. They believe it demonstrates that they are saved and have the truth.

Oneness theology also believe that baptism is a necessary part of salvation; that is, in order to be saved, one must be baptized, by immersion. If you are not baptized you cannot be saved. And that it must also be administered with the formula "In Jesus’ name" rather than the formula "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
Also this baptism must be administered by a duly ordained minister of a church that maintains oneness theology: United Pentecostal, United Apostolic, etc.

There is within the Oneness movement teaching that they themselves should always act in a modest and holy manner. They lean very strong in that women are required to abstain from wearing makeup and pants. They also must have their heads covered. Likewise, men should be well-dressed, preferably in a suit.
I believe that such practices are not wrong in themselves, however, when they become requirements for acceptance in a church, it is legalistic and we know that legalism leads to bondage and the requirements of keeping the law to maintain salvation.
The Oneness churches also are very strong and imply that if you go to movies, or have a TV, or wear makeup, etc., then you are not "really" a Christian....

Blessings and do hope this helps...

Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Thanks it does

Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 AM

9,678 posts, read 9,973,716 times
Oneness is poor understanding of the miracle of the incarnation of Father to the earth were Jesus was born and His Ascension to Heaven to be with the Father and were the Holy spirit is God spirit in the earth , are one ...... were oneness Pentecostalism may avoid understanding of the Father part of God and say Jesus is Father God ....... See it is like a non-spiritual understanding of logic of this world were sees things in the physical ideas of the flesh ..... ... Basically Christians pray to the Father God , in Jesus name , and Holy Spirit will bring the answer through Jesus Words, and this is the wisdom from Heaven ..... We should never pray to Holy Spirit or to Jesus , as Holy Spirit will not be glorified and Jesus glorifies the Father God ..... All power from Heaven and the earth are given to Jesus as He is the mediator for all salvation ...and this powers come from the creator Father God , who is omni -present through God spirit who hold the Power for delivery to the Earth

Old 06-02-2012, 05:48 AM

154 posts, read 209,724 times
Oneness doctrine is that Jesus (Yeshua) is the visible manifestation of God the Father. There is one God with one visible manifestation, the man Christ Jesus. Oneness starts with the foundation that God is one person rather than three. If Jesus is God he is the only one who is.

Makes good sense to me.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Oneness doctrine is that Jesus (Yeshua) is the visible manifestation of God the Father. There is one God with one visible manifestation, the man Christ Jesus. Oneness starts with the foundation that God is one person rather than three. If Jesus is God he is the only one who is.

Makes good sense to me.
... until you get to John 17. Was Jesus praying to Himself in that chapter?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:34 AM

God's 'Word Became Flesh' - John 1:14

Not God.

Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 21,945,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

Makes good sense to me.
They believe that Yeshua is the Son and that Yehovaw is the Father...Two distinct individuals...They question if Yeshua ia Yehovaw, then why would He pray to Himself?...Yehsua is the Son of the Father just as you are the son of your father...I work with one ...He claims to have preached to hundreds...I am not sure how long he was in it, but from what i can tell, he started preaching almost right after he was saved, which ignores the Scriptures that state that if you have the desire then sit under a learned elder in the Faith...Paul also says not to suffer a young one to teach, that is young in the Faith not physically...

Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,616,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
They are Pentecostal.....
Oneness groups are decidedly Arminian in the doctrine of salvation. They deny predestination and maintain that it is completely up to the individual to decide whether or not he wants to be saved.
They also teach that it is possible to lose one's salvation.

From what I read they do not believe in the Trinity... they believe and teach that God is a single person who was manifested as Father in creation and as the Father of the Son, in the Son for our redemption, and as the Holy Spirit in our regeneration.
Their theology teaches that God revealed himself as Father in the Old Testament, as the Son in Jesus during Christ’s ministry on earth, and now as the Holy Spirit after Christ’s ascension.

They are strong believer's in the teaching of speaking in tongues and the Oneness church members believe it is the evidence they are saved..... and that it is a necessary manifestation of the Holy Spirit.... in their members. They believe it demonstrates that they are saved and have the truth.

Oneness theology also believe that baptism is a necessary part of salvation; that is, in order to be saved, one must be baptized, by immersion. If you are not baptized you cannot be saved. And that it must also be administered with the formula "In Jesus’ name" rather than the formula "In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
Also this baptism must be administered by a duly ordained minister of a church that maintains oneness theology: United Pentecostal, United Apostolic, etc.

There is within the Oneness movement teaching that they themselves should always act in a modest and holy manner. They lean very strong in that women are required to abstain from wearing makeup and pants. They also must have their heads covered. Likewise, men should be well-dressed, preferably in a suit.
I believe that such practices are not wrong in themselves, however, when they become requirements for acceptance in a church, it is legalistic and we know that legalism leads to bondage and the requirements of keeping the law to maintain salvation.
The Oneness churches also are very strong and imply that if you go to movies, or have a TV, or wear makeup, etc., then you are not "really" a Christian....

Blessings and do hope this helps...
Thanks for the post.

1-3 United Pentecostals -VS- Christianity - DEBATE - - YouTube

Pretty good discussion here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity