Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 03:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,939,123 times

Advertisements

Malbron: I'm afraid my opinion is that you have a very confused bunch of stuff there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 PM

910 posts, read 1,340,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Being in the bible does not make it a fact. You cannot prove that what is in there is all fact. You have presumptions based on what another has taught you and what you believed from those teachings. It still does not make it a fact.

In fact, IF you have felt the Love of God, surely you would know how powerful it is and that It is what can move mountains.

No, God will not come down to earth. His Love is what will heal the earth and rule the world. Jesus has already lived His life. He cannot return but only in spirit. The spirit of Love will rule the earth as every man, woman and child come to Love one another and find peace in their own hearts.
I agree that th love of God moves mountain. I will also say that yes the Bible is the truth, but not all truth is in the Bible. That I know, that I agree, no debate.

The SPIRIT has been made flesh before, so why can it not happen again? It happens everyday to lesser beings, so why do you think that God cannot be born as man, like happened 2000years back?

Even you writing this, is also a spirit made flesh, We are all spirits made flesh. Some are angels. Elijah's spirit came back as John the Baptist. God has made the womb of a woman as a channel for spirits to enter the physical world.

Let me end by reminding you that GOD is a SPIRIT or HOLY SPIRIT. We are all lesser spirits.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
Malbron: I'm afraid my opinion is that you have a very confused bunch of stuff there.
Join me on the table lets reason together Priarieparson. Where is the confusion from?

Old 05-06-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If Ihave misunderstood you, brother I apologize. Peace in Christ's love,
Mystic
My brother, perfect peace of God Almighty!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,647,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
1) Luke 24, which you quoted proves he resurrected as a man. Same thing with me, no arguments there.

2) 'This same Jesus', was referring to him as the Christ of God, not to his body as Jesus, otherwise Jesus will be a liar. Why do I say so? Because Jesus had told them that the world will see him ( Jesus) no more - John 14
Christ is God. He is the second "person" in the Godhead.

Concerning John 14,

John 14

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Text with context is talking about Jesus leaving and living in the believer through the Holy Spirit (ie Comforter). To build doctrine of Jesus not coming back in the same resurrected human body from this while calling him a 'liar' while doing it is not wise. The Scriptures say he was resurrected. He's returning in the same body he was resurrected in.

Zechariah 12

9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.

10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

11 In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

12 And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;

13 The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;

14 All the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.

[quoteIn any case , in his lifetime, he told the Jews that the Kingdom of God will be taken away from them and given to another nation that will bear its fruit. Mathew 21:43
[QUOTETherefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.[/quote]

The Kingdom of God was taken from the nation Israel and given to the Gentiles (where there is no distinction between Jew or Gentile) until..

Luke 13:35
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Read Romans 9, 10, 11... God is not done with the Nation Israel.

Romans 11:25

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Quote:
Don't look to see Jesus of Nazareth again. Expect to see the same Christ of God, the same Son of Man, but he can use any vehicle he chooses. Look not at the vehicle (body) but focus on the person (spirit) in the vehicle.

The world will focus, on the Jesus of Nazareth, who will not come again and therefore will not see the returned Christ who will be on earth as man. Only his chosen few will recognize him, because they are in Spirit. After Christ has died, know no man in flesh.

3) There will be many Christs and false Christs will abound. But his coming is likened to appearing of lightening from the east to shine onto the west.

-This means that the coming of the Christ, will be known, even amidst the presence of false Christ. But will be known to whom? It will be known to his elects. Remember that where the carcass is, the eagles gather. Where the Holy Spirit is, there the elects gather. he will be known by his elects. That is why he says the world will not see him, but the elects see him and as he lives, so they live. Only at the time of manifestation will the world then understand that he is on earth and then they will mourn.
The false Christ that deceives "the whole world" (Revelation 13) through signs and wonders (2 Thessalonians 2) (Book of Daniel)(Matthew 24)(Rev 13) comes first. The vast majority of the population on earth will believe he is THE Christ - to their own damnation.

Matthew 24

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The 'reincarnated' christ is the False Christ. The RESURRECTED Christ is THE Christ.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:52 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,031,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
I agree that th love of God moves mountain. I will also say that yes the Bible is the truth, but not all truth is in the Bible. That I know, that I agree, no debate.

The SPIRIT has been made flesh before, so why can it not happen again? It happens everyday to lesser beings, so why do you think that God cannot be born as man, like happened 2000years back?

Even you writing this, is also a spirit made flesh, We are all spirits made flesh. Some are angels. Elijah's spirit came back as John the Baptist. God has made the womb of a woman as a channel for spirits to enter the physical world.

Let me end by reminding you that GOD is a SPIRIT or HOLY SPIRIT. We are all lesser spirits.
Because if God ever left His place, you and everything ever created would cease to exist. I'm not a believer that He came in the flesh 2000 years ago either. And, from what I understand, you guys (bible fundies or readers) don't believe that spirits can communicate with humans so that blows that out of the water.

Let me remind you that God IS Love and love is not a spirit. It just is and It is what created you!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Because if God ever left His place, you and everything ever created would cease to exist. I'm not a believer that He came in the flesh 2000 years ago either. And, from what I understand, you guys (bible fundies or readers) don't believe that spirits can communicate with humans so that blows that out of the water.
Sure Bible believers believe that people can communicate with the Spirit world. It's called the Occult, it's forbidden in Scriptures, and who you are communicating with are deceiving "familiar Spirits" from the demonic realm. That's exactly what people are doing with the Kundalini Transcendental meditation. An altered consciousness opens up people for demonic influence.

Quote:
Let me remind you that God IS Love and love is not a spirit. It just is and It is what created you!
God IS Love. God IS Holy. God IS Just. If I were to describe you but I only gave one of your many attributes, it would be a misrepresentation of who you are. How would you feel about someone misrepresenting you?

How do you think God feels about it?

God's Love was written on that cross 2000 years ago.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Sure Bible believers believe that people can communicate with the Spirit world. It's called the Occult, it's forbidden in Scriptures, and who you are communicating with are deceiving "familiar Spirits" from the demonic realm. That's exactly what people are doing with the Kundalini Transcendental meditation. An altered consciousness opens up people for demonic influence.

God IS Love. God IS Holy. God IS Just. If I were to describe you but I only gave one of your many attributes, it would be a misrepresentation of who you are. How would you feel about someone misrepresenting you?

How do you think God feels about it?

God's Love was written on that cross 2000 years ago.
Well, Marlbron is suggesting that God is a spirit, a Holy Spirit in fact, so that means that you guys can't communicate with God?.?.? Sounds silly to me as God has been communicating with us since we were created. We are His children. Even a spirit, in which you are, can communicate with humans. Why live in fear when some very beautiful and inspirational messages have actually come from spirits to help us bring this world into Light and Life. Even Jesus is communicating with each one when they are willing to listen. Too bad that fear is what guides you when you can have Love be your guiding light.

You can describe every single person in the world with just one word. LOVE How awesome is that!!!! We are Love made manifest because God loved us so much that He created this world for us to enjoy, not tell each other what is right or wrong or that one belief is better than another or that some will see Him while others won't. He created us for LOVE, out of LOVE. WE ARE LOVE. That is who we are. Seems to me that that is all the description I need from anyone describing me. How about you?

Love does not come in the form of murder on a cross. It isn't love. Jesus would have been the same person even if He had lived to be an old man. He didn't need to die and most certainly He didn't die for anyone. He died because He was a rebel and a felon. He died at the hands of foolish men who didn't understand one bit of what He was telling the world. As you can see, they still don't understand. Pity.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Well, Marlbron is suggesting that God is a spirit, a Holy Spirit in fact, so that means that you guys can't communicate with God?.?.?
John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

No one is denying that God is a Spirit. He is the ONLY Spirit we need to be in communication with. The Holy Spirit intercedes for the born again believer through the sole mediator between God and man - Jesus Christ.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
John 4:24
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

No one is denying that God is a Spirit. He is the ONLY Spirit we need to be in communication with. The Holy Spirit intercedes for the born again believer through the sole mediator between God and man - Jesus Christ.
Well, I actually pray to God. He is my Father so why would i go through someone else when I can talk to God Himself? Doesn't make sense to me. Would you ask your brother to ask your father for a new bike? No, you wouldn't. You would go to your father and ask him yourself.

I pray to God and God alone. He is the only one who can answer my prayers. In fact, when you pray to Jesus, it goes to God anyway to be answered. Skip the middle man and talk directly to God. Mind you though, I have a lot of respect for Jesus as He showed me the way to our Father. But once I learned the way, I can go straight to God.

There are indeed some very beautiful spirits out there that help us. They actually reside with Jesus in the Celestial Heavens. No reason that we can't talk with them for guidance. It's a shame that churches put that fear in the mind of men. We are spirit beings first and spirit is where we will return. No reason why communication can't be had while here on earth. They do have more experience and there are quite a few whose IQ's are in the thousands. Pretty smart and enlightened folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity