Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,379,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes. Death and disease are real too, but what would be the point of going on about dying, when you can talk about living? Christ offers eternal life to all who wants it, and that is the good news, and the important news. Why don't you talk about that to your unbelieving friends?
What can I say, I have a soft spot for the lost and whatever their fate will be. I suppose I could talk more about my unbelieving friends, but I think most of us are here to discuss theology so it's not the first thing that comes to mind when I come here. I've got alot of them in my life and sadly, most of them grew up Christian and left for one reason or another. There have been a few success stories though

Oh yeah, and just to keep it on topic, Satan doesn't want us to Research...um...Jesus? Ok sorry I tried
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:51 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Things satan fears you will research as a christian?

"Your own Heart."

Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM

24,099 posts, read 32,454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
We put labels on things because we live in the material world. God is Love and Love doesn't need any label as Love just IS. God could actually care less about any of those because they are HUMAN ideas that humans want to associate with God.

God is LOVE and all He caares about is that we LOVE. Nothing else matters. Nothing. As Jesus once said, Love of God and each other hangs ALL the laws.

It doesn't matter what we call God as long as we call Him.
It doesn't matter if we worship Him on Saturdday, Sunday or Tuesday. Sitting in silence can be done anytime and any place.
It doesn't matter if we believe that there is a three in one God or just one God. What matters is that we believe in Love as that is who God is and who we are.
It doesn't matter when Jesus was born or when He died. What matters is what He taught while He was on earth.
It doesn't matter if we are baptised or not as that is a human invention. God doesn't care one bit as long as we Love one another.
The harbingers are those who live in fear of what they do not understand. Why worry about what others are doing when it's your own soul that you should worry about.

God is no respector of any of us whether we are christian, muslum or jew or if we worship on Saturday or Sunday. What matters to God is that we Love one another. Just Love one another. Whats so hard about that? It's hard because most people judge, condemn, misunderstand and don't forgive. They leave no room for Love.
I agree! Who cares about this petty, legalistic nonsense?

Old 05-12-2012, 01:25 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

"Your own Heart."

Indeed.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:18 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

"Your own Heart."

Y-E-S!

blessings,
brian

Old 05-12-2012, 02:20 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,367,303 times
Another thing satan (your flesh) fears you will discover:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need."

Communism was started by Christians, not Marx!!

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-12-2012, 09:21 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
We put labels on things because we live in the material world. God is Love and Love doesn't need any label as Love just IS. God could actually care less about any of those because they are HUMAN ideas that humans want to associate with God.

God is LOVE and all He caares about is that we LOVE. Nothing else matters. Nothing. As Jesus once said, Love of God and each other hangs ALL the laws.

It doesn't matter what we call God as long as we call Him.
It doesn't matter if we worship Him on Saturdday, Sunday or Tuesday. Sitting in silence can be done anytime and any place.
It doesn't matter if we believe that there is a three in one God or just one God. What matters is that we believe in Love as that is who God is and who we are.
It doesn't matter when Jesus was born or when He died. What matters is what He taught while He was on earth.
It doesn't matter if we are baptised or not as that is a human invention. God doesn't care one bit as long as we Love one another.
The harbingers are those who live in fear of what they do not understand. Why worry about what others are doing when it's your own soul that you should worry about.

God is no respector of any of us whether we are christian, muslum or jew or if we worship on Saturday or Sunday. What matters to God is that we Love one another. Just Love one another. Whats so hard about that? It's hard because most people judge, condemn, misunderstand and don't forgive. They leave no room for Love.

And the Beatles sing out again...All ya need is love...

Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 AM

77 posts, read 74,586 times
There are only one thing that Satan fear that people will research, and that's the truth. And the truth is:

* Jesus isn't the father, but Jehovah is.*

But Satan don't want anybody to know that, that's why he made it where Jehovah's name is removed from some Bibles, but Jehovah didn't allow him to removed his name from all Bibles.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 AM

481 posts, read 864,769 times
Satan and the unclean (the unholy spirits) are masters of deception, lies, and of course misquoting the entire Gospel of Truth, even if by one letter. This "one letter" was proven through the Spirit of Truth to my wife and family the other day during our daily teaching of the Gospel of Truth through the Spirit. It was shocking and very profound for them to learn this Truth that just "one letter" can misquote the Gospel of Truth and mislead the unbeliever or even believer whom is not in the Spirit of Truth. I do not say just one word, but just "one letter" alone can cause such disunity. Satan is real, and he is "The Accuser", "The Opposer", though Satan is just a title that became a personal name, and "Satan" changed from an accuser appointed by God to test mien's faith to the chief of the rebellious fallen angels. This is what authority he has, to challenge the faith of humankind, and he and his minion of unclean (unholy spirits) are masterful at this tactic. Can they interfere or intervene with our free will God our Father has given us? Absolutely NOT....Point blank! Though they can influence us through our flesh & work through our free will choices (choosing wrong over what is right) by all means. And they do this latter masterfully! Can they possess us? Yes, they can, but only through flesh, as they cannot enter into our spirit. Do they oppress or put us into bondage? Absolutely NOT! We do this on our own, free willingly. We place our selves into oppression and bondage, which in turn opens the pandora box per say (opens the door) to further distance ourselves from God our Father, and further ourselves from the NO RETURN journey down the narrow road to the gates of Heaven.

You my brothers and sisters in Christ are your worst enemy, as Satan and his minion of most unclean have no power over you unless you first give it. Satan has no power over the Spirit of Truth, and the Spirit of Truth will reveal what is light and what is darkness. For it is ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty. Your fleshy thinking and understanding is his temptation over you and you then become a slave to this master (sin). Jesus is the ONLY way and through Him, we will be strong. "Be Still" and have faith in Him, not in you.

....Peace be with all!

Old 07-17-2012, 05:49 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Another thing satan (your flesh) fears you will discover:

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need."

Communism was started by Christians, not Marx!!

Blessings,
brian
Not so. Communism is a Godless and form of goverment . What your seeing in the Scripture is the love of God working through beleivers to help one another. I just came back from fellowshiping with a renowned Christian writer who was persecuted [books banned and sent to prison] in Romania when it was under communist control. He would tell you about the reality of living under a communist government that you do not get from a book or mere armchair philosophical discussions.

Last edited by garya123; 07-17-2012 at 05:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity