Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:24 PM

216 posts, read 604,076 times

Advertisements

interesting clip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 04:29 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisTruth View Post

Um, why does he sound so angry!?

--June seeks potential far better in calm stillness...

Old 03-27-2008, 05:51 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
I'd like to congratulate the compiler for finally setting pure legalism to a melodramatic piano and a hip-hop beat.

Unbelievers are usually convicted of their sins; it's called a guilty conscience. Guilt over sin isn't a sign of belief, and preaching that a person needs to pay more attention to their sinning in order to know that they believe doesn't lead to belief.

What is belief? What does one believe? Does that video even outline what it is that one needs to believe?

Not that I heard. It was the harshness of Law without the sweetness of the Gospel. In reality, our beliefs don't save us. We are saved by God's grace through faith. Proof of salvation is in the fruits of the spirit, which are born of faith. How can we know that God saves us? Because he tells us so. It's God's promise, not our feelings or intuitions that says whether we are saved. As far as "proof of salvation", it is better borne out of the fruits of the Spirit than from how contrite a person can be.

[/rant]

Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
Whoa, whoa, whoa!
I need to click the url links more often because that was awesome!
And I mean that - now, I am not a Christian and all the rhetoric that I just heard is a huge joke to me (no offense. seriously) but I really like that video.

First of all the music. That is a good beat. Very good. If a professional did not make that then whoever did should be getting paid. This is my music and, dare I say it, (some of) my generation's music. I feel pretty certain that, if it were not for the inevitable philosphical divide, I would have been friends with whoever made this video in high school. I have heard instrumental hip-hop that uses crazy samples like this in a presumably mocking way but this is real, right?

The message. What is the message? Whatever it is, it was said with anger and conviction and I like that. And what a great voice. Whoever did the voice acting should go to Hollywood 'cause, man, that is the stuff of movies.

I realize that a serious Christian probably made that and I'm really not trying to mock it. Artistically, I really like it. Thanks, Steve aka Xtian, and good job.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:26 PM

98 posts, read 273,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Um, why does he sound so angry!?

--June seeks potential far better in calm stillness...
Gary laughs everytime he reads June, and she refers to herself in the 3rd person. On the topic of the video, it was angry. Once I have confessed my sin God forgets it. He doesn't keep counting it against me. The last thing he would want is me to keep feeling the pain of that sin. Yes you must repent. But to keep whiping yourself just isn't what our Father wants his children to do.

Quote:
Guilt over sin isn't a sign of belief, and preaching that a person needs to pay more attention to their sinning in order to know that they believe doesn't lead to belief.
My belief completely!

Last edited by gdblauvelt; 03-27-2008 at 10:40 PM..

Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
That was GREAT.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
A good video! The speaker sounds more to me as an appeal to make sure that one is truly saved. I believe and sounds like it is Joel Osteen!
Our hearts can be deceived!

Jeremiah 17:9-10
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked, who can know it? I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.

Humanity is totally depraved. There is no spark of goodness innate in us. Any goodness that may exist is given by God's grace. " There is nothing so false and deceitfurl as the heart of man; deceitful in its apprehensions of things, in the hopes and promises it nourishes, in the assurance that it gives us...... abominably wicked, so that neither can a man know his own heart, nor can any other know that of his neighbors". (Quoted by John Wesley)

The Lord is fully aware of the human condition of every person; He will judge justly both the righteous and the unrighteous.

I once heard this, "do you believe in God?" or "do you believe God?" That has stayed with me for a long time. There truly is a difference between the two.

Praise God for salvation by His grace through Jesus Christ. We truly do need to bring our hearts to the altar of God and let His Spirit witness to our spirits the truth.
Jesus said, "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:23-24)

Blessings

Old 04-06-2008, 10:29 PM

216 posts, read 604,076 times
The speaker here is Paul Washer.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,486,068 times
sorry i am missing something. the link opens a whole page. which date are we looking at ?
thanks

Old 04-07-2008, 08:24 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
I don't know that I believe, or sometimes, what I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity