U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 08:48 PM

489 posts, read 774,748 times

Advertisements

Loving What God Loves
We all have people in our lives that absolutely drive us nuts. We might call them EGR’s because, in order to be around them, Extra Grace is Required. Maybe they’re socially awkward, and conversations with them seem about as invigorating as reading the tax code. Or maybe they’re loudmouths who hold really strong opinions and think that everyone else wants to hear their advice. Or maybe they just have a personality that is completely opposite of yours. Whatever the case, one thing is true about all of these EGR’s: They matter intensely to God.

And if that doesn’t induce enough guilt, John piles on more. He points out that if you say you love God yet secretly detest a fellow believer, you don’t really understand what loving God means, which is an “Agape Love”.

When it comes to loving what God loves, John points out that your response affects more than God. It’s also of crucial importance to you! John states this forcefully because refusing to love what God loves poses a huge danger to us. If we dishonor the very people for whom God created and sent his Son to die for, we can’t be in tune with God’s heart at all.

So when we love what God loves, we make sure to control what we say. We think through how we will come across to people around us. We willingly reign in our responses, aiming to make them godly. In short, we attempt to respond as God would respond, to act as Jesus would.

We’ll make these efforts because we want the kind of relationship with God that he wants us to have. As Christians, we’re called to love what and whom he loves, and that starts with one another --- even our EGR’s.

“God is light! God is love! That which professes to be light yet lacks love, is not of God; while that which calls itself love, but is not according to light is equally not of God.”

[CENTER][CENTER]--- J. Charleton Steen[/CENTER][/CENTER]
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 11:11 PM

28,211 posts, read 12,661,837 times
A special kind of beauty exists in a single language called Love, that is not ISOLATED!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A special kind of beauty exists in a single language called Love, that is not ISOLATED!
I say Amen to this truth!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 PM

12,157 posts, read 15,068,162 times
Quote:
And if that doesn’t induce enough guilt, John piles on more. He points out that if you say you love God yet secretly detest a fellow believer, you don’t really understand what loving God means, which is an “Agape Love”.
Amen. Loving those who might seem to be the unlovable to you, can be a hard lesson to learn. I find that when I pray for someone that is getting under my skin, God brings about that change in my heart to love them as He loves them. I believe that this is all a part of the process and teaches us about a lot ourselves. This shows us the areas that we need work on and helps us grow as we are being transformed into His image. God bless and peace.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 06-15-2012 at 12:34 PM..

Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Amen. Loving the who might seem to be the unlovable to you, can be a hard lesson to learn. I find that when I pray for someone that is getting under my skin, God brings about that change in my heart to love them as He loves them. I believe that this is all a part of the process and teaches us about a lot ourselves. This shows us the areas that we need work on and helps us grow as we are being transformed into His image. God bless and peace.
Amen!! He continuously convicts us through our daily life journey and through this conviction, we end up seeing more clearly our shortcomings. "Be Still", and at this point we need NOT to ask God to get us through it, but to have integrity and talk to Him about this shortcoming, and tell Him you are struggling with it, and do not know how to overcome it. Sometimes we love our sin so much, we cannot overcome it ourselves, and this is when God our Father will deliver a counselor for your soul and spirit. When these shortcomings or chalices overwhelm use, we need to just ask him what do I need to do to help myself. Ask God our Father to teach us how to overcome this shortcoming, no matter what it be or how bad. What can I do to help stray away from this temptation or chalice. We can never escape the negativity of this world, no matter how you try or what you do in this world, as it will always return. We must "Still" our mind and soul, so God our Father can move inside of us, and we can then hear Him.

Just a short but very inspiring story I want to mention......

The Spirit revealed or manifested a truth to a man I personally know almost two years ago when he nearly, and I mean very nearly went blind. This Spirit moved upon him when after he kept asking Him to heal his eyes, and that he did not want to go blind, and this fear got the best of him. The night that the Spirit moved upon him, it told him to "Be Still", and said; "my child, I am among you, I am in you, have faith in Me. Stop asking me my child, and start just believing in Me, and just give thanks." Prior to this, the man was wrestling with the enemy, and was feeling oppressed and darkness settling in. As he had so many other struggles going on with his son (rebellious spirit), his wife (spiritually), and a couple health issues he was wrestling with. To make a long story shorter, the next day, this man chose to just have full faith in God our Father no matter what, and started to thank Him instead of asking Him for help. A few days went by, and that night, this man was overwhelmed by the Spirit, and it said to Him...."Be Still my Child, you will find joy in your longsuffereing, even if you loose your eyes. Just have faith in Me my child."

From that day forward, His faith grew by leaps and bounds, and within a week or two later, his eyes were fully healed to the the surprise of the doctors. The oppression lifted from Him, his home felt at peace, and their was change in his struggles with his son and his wife. The bond between them grew stronger once more. The end of last year, this same man ended up in the hospital from an accident which infected his RT foot fast due to his diabetes. In short, he lost his greater toe and part of his foot below the greater toe, though they told him that the whole foot was in jeopardy to be lost in whole the day before. The Spirit came among this man once more while he was in the hospital for two weeks and manifested and revealed many thing to him, and even helped him face a few demons on his back per say. Through all this, the man had joy through all the longsuffering and was at peace, even found time to "save Another One for Jesus" while He was in the hospital, even though he could not walk. So many people visited him during the two weeks in the hospital, people he did not even know that said for some reason they needed to be here. The man was so pleased and so full of joy with this. To this day, this man still serves God our Father through Christ Jesus faithfully, and i say FAITHFULLY. The Spirit is still manifesting and revealing so many awe & inspiring things to him. He was saved over thirty years ago in a very special manner through Christ Jesus himself, and he knows that God has blessed him in many ways, even if he is not wealthy or has riches, as Gods love is his wealth. The ministry that God moves through him these days are a blessing for all.

"Lets Save One More for Jesus"

I say...

Dear God my Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. Your will, nothing more, nothing less, nothing else....Amen

Old 06-15-2012, 02:28 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,134,437 times
There sure are those who need EGR, but i know that i was that person who needed that. And i am probably that person to some. I can only see how God sees when i keep my eyes focuses on Him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity