Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:29 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times

Advertisements

I am having a hard time believing there are no other Creative Christians here....hmmmmm, are y'all too busy reading your bibles to make stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 07:56 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
I am having a hard time believing there are no other Creative Christians here....hmmmmm, are y'all too busy reading your bibles to make stuff?
Oh, Irishmom, you are too funny! I wish that I had a talent. I do make beautiful babies, does that count? I don't have the patience or time for crafts. Your glass pieces are beautiful. Did you need my address for my Christmas gift?

Rob, looking forward to seeing pics of your work.

Weather...

Old 09-29-2007, 09:18 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Oh, Irishmom, you are too funny! I wish that I had a talent. I do make beautiful babies, does that count? I don't have the patience or time for crafts. Your glass pieces are beautiful. Did you need my address for my Christmas gift?

Weather...
Oh beautiful babies definitely count! And with all that you have I totally understand the no time to make anything part!

Old 09-29-2007, 09:29 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,501,599 times
I've seen the pics, weather, and you do make beautiful babies!

I just opened this thread and was expecting the other "Creative Christian" thread, but this one interests me too.

I love to scrapbook, but I hardly ever have time for it.

The other thing that I enjoy is cake decorating. My mother-in-law has been doing it for 30 years. She taught me when my son was turning 2. Now I have made dozens of cakes (including my sister's wedding cake). It is really fun to have a great looking cake for my kid's birthdays and not have to spend a ton on it. It's also great doing them for friends. I'll try now to post pictures. (This is the first time I've done this, so bear with me.)

Creative Christians...actually about being creative.-cake2.jpg

Creative Christians...actually about being creative.-pa050007.jpg

Ok...these are only two of them, but I'm having trouble re-sizing the better ones. I'll try again later.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:44 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
I quilt, not very good, but I do quilt. My grandmother taught me when I was very young. She had the old time quilting frame that suspended from hooks from the ceiling and every Saturday, her sisters would come over to quilt. So, it made an impression on me at a very young age.

I also like to decorate. I'm constantly re-doing my home. My husband says he used to think I would finish one day, but has given up hope after 25 years!

And, I write, just not as much as I once did.

I am also about to take painting classes from a local artist. This is something I have always wanted to do since my grandmother gave me my very first paint by numbers when I was 3! Don't know how good I will be, lol, but at least I'm giving it a shot. I can't wait to start. Told dh that this would be a great winter project to help with the shorter days and make time more pleasant.

I do love to paint as in painting walls. I like to be creative with colors, see what works and what does not. Come see my house, it has turned eclectic from my very weird mind.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
the only thing I "do" is make a mess...according to my wife...lol...
actually I like to woodwork, not much time for it, but I like to build shelves, keepsake boxes, etc...

Old 09-29-2007, 12:14 PM

2,180 posts, read 5,421,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post

Yeah, I need to get off my lazy tush and start getting my stuff ready for the craft show. I have all my pictures already, and I could show you some of those. But I just don't have the cards made up yet. Maybe I'll post a few pics later. Need to be getting ready soon to go to my brother's for a party. Don't know what the party is for, but I guess he just wants to have a get-together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojilynn View Post
I've seen the pics, weather, and you do make beautiful babies!

I just opened this thread and was expecting the other "Creative Christian" thread, but this one interests me too.

I love to scrapbook, but I hardly ever have time for it.

The other thing that I enjoy is cake decorating. My mother-in-law has been doing it for 30 years. She taught me when my son was turning 2. Now I have made dozens of cakes (including my sister's wedding cake). It is really fun to have a great looking cake for my kid's birthdays and not have to spend a ton on it. It's also great doing them for friends. I'll try now to post pictures. (This is the first time I've done this, so bear with me.)

Those cakes are GORGEOUS! You should get into that as a business! (Or do you?) You'd do really well!

Old 09-29-2007, 12:22 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Well, I'm still trying to learn photography. ILNC had been great with pointers. Here's a few I've got available for posting. And it's so cool to see what the rest of you are 'into'.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/cool_flutterby.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/Bath-IMG_7484.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/Bath-IMG_5784.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/IMG_8896.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/IMG_9507.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/IMG_7034.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/WaterSnake.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/IMG_7275_sizedforCD.jpg (broken link)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa19/forjerz/IMG_7399web.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-29-2007, 12:23 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCRob View Post
Those cakes are GORGEOUS! You should get into that as a business! (Or do you?) You'd do really well!
I agree with WCRob, tried to rep your cakes dojilyn, but apparently I'm in the habit of agreeing with you too often.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:27 PM

292 posts, read 934,054 times
I LOVE to do creative projects but haven't been doing much lately since we've been starting a new business.
Something though, that I'm presently researching is making soy candles. I love them and no one has them in our area so plan to make and eventually sell them.
God bless,
Jean

WCRob, did anyone give you sites for the Christian quotes? I'm also interested in them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity