Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 12:11 PM

8 posts, read 5,378 times

Advertisements

The Harbingers (a person or thing(s) that announces or signals the approach of another or forerunner or event) Johnathan Cahn a messanic rabbi uncovered intially Gods warnings on the 722 BC Israelites then began to draw similarities to modern events in America only to find an "exact seguence"of uncanny happenings that have links to America's falling away from God . Beginning with Isiah 9:10 we are taken on a journey to 9/11,the financial crisis and the astonishing senario of the sycamore tree,cedar and quarried cornerstone, God patiently waiting for revival and then a short bleep on the God screen then.................nothing. We now wait for the next set of Harbingers (there are presently 9 observed) Naturally agnostics and untaught christians will ignore this and although not ok I get that, but I lack the time or patients to be too concerned. Anyway, Mr Obama continued the 4th Harbinger (The Tower), with his recent visit to ground zero. He wrote a message on the last beam going to the crown of the tower. "We remember,we build,we come back stronger" To the "nice" (and there are many ) this hasn't any meaning beyond the scope of a patriotic albeit spirited (in your face terrorists) connotation. Cahn sees it as a form of defiance that we can "do this"with God on the" backburner", when the whole thing is all about Gods warnings on America!!!!!!!!!! I only have one issue with God. He is way too loving and patient. He should have said ....duh or at least helllooooo! in His word.

Last edited by Jonahindabelly; 06-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.. Reason: formating

Old 06-30-2012, 01:05 PM

144 posts, read 148,941 times
Have watched Mr. Cahn video. All 9 are warnings to America!!!!! This country has allowed many things that go against the teachings of Yahovah/Yeshua . We are on the verge of judgement in this country. As a country we have allowed God to be removed from most everything. This country was established as God fearing country, it no longer fears anything or anyone. I wonder just how much longer He will let us go on? I think He has been saying HELLLOOOOOOOOOO, for a while now, it's just that we don't hear sooooo, well any more.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 PM

267 posts, read 296,378 times
What is the "warning" and why should we care? Do you think mankind can forestall God's plan? Do you think people can prepare? Why should anyone pay Johnathan Cahn (buy a book or video)to tell us what is already known. Neither the day or the hour is known by any man, but all those who pay attention to God's word know it is the "season". What else is needed to be known beyond what the Bible has taught us?

Old 06-30-2012, 04:47 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,642,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWW1962 View Post
What is the "warning" and why should we care? Do you think mankind can forestall God's plan? Do you think people can prepare? Why should anyone pay Johnathan Cahn (buy a book or video)to tell us what is already known. Neither the day or the hour is known by any man, but all those who pay attention to God's word know it is the "season". What else is needed to be known beyond what the Bible has taught us?
If you haven't seen the video, don't you think your tone is a bit premature? Why would you put down the video/book/author when you don't know anything about them? You sound like you already know everything he said without even knowing what he actually said. Why the hostility?

I happened to see the video, actually, and hear Jonathan Cahn being interviewed. He's very biblical. You can find the video on YouTube. It's free to view. It's titled, "The Harbinger - Explained (Full Video)

Old 07-01-2012, 05:21 AM

9,677 posts, read 9,971,995 times
Most these warnings are speculation of ideas , where the truth is behind of veil of the spirit ..... one idea is the great rebellions from the Muslim spring , which seem to be a issue that will not bring the peace that people may have believed ....... So any support in the world for change which comes from the Muslim injustices , like the hatred against Israel will be a clear sign that Armageddon in now, as the scriptures from Revelation 16: 12-16 shows ...... If believer see that the book of Revelation has a time line which God must follow then they will be mistaken...... Even Revelation 9: 12-21..... I heard a quicken through Jesus Spirit that this is a prophecy of the Black Death which killed one third of all the known world including Jesus Church from the 1333 to 1348 from bubonic plague ... go figure that time line

Old 07-01-2012, 07:46 AM

267 posts, read 296,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
If you haven't seen the video, don't you think your tone is a bit premature? Why would you put down the video/book/author when you don't know anything about them? You sound like you already know everything he said without even knowing what he actually said. Why the hostility?

I happened to see the video, actually, and hear Jonathan Cahn being interviewed. He's very biblical. You can find the video on YouTube. It's free to view. It's titled, "The Harbinger - Explained (Full Video)

Hostilitiy? LOL You just sound like an advertisement, and so I am asking for more details about your product. If you feel that is hostility then you should not be a salesman.

You did not answer even one of my queries. Why should we care what Jonathan Cahn has to say? Why should I want to know anything about his publications? I looked at his webpage and it was an advertisement. This appears to be an entrepreneurial enterprise. Why should I view the free plug on youtube?

Old 07-01-2012, 07:56 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
I read the book, and thought it was good reading, and I agree with the author in saying that america has been turning her back to God during the last few decades, but the "signs" in his book seemed to be figments of his imagination and I say this because I do not believe God would send signs which no one can see, and the sighs I this book would be impossible for anyone to see. For example a stone which was to be used I the new WTC building which was specific kind of rock, was supposed to be a warning from God. How would anyone see that as a warning, especially when this stone was NOT actually used? No, God would not send warnings no one can see. I think the author created these warnings to keep the book interesting.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:15 AM

24 posts, read 21,336 times
To start with the harbingers that Mr. Cahn speaks of were for Israel and the reason that God sent them is because he had a covenant with them.

God has never and doesn't have a covenant with the United States. If you'r a Chrisitan your under GRACE not any covenant with God.

And if you read Revelation, it is {{all}} the nations of the earth that will suffer for their ways not just the United States.

I have never read the book but most of the people that I know of that have say it is really good fiction.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:35 AM

8 posts, read 5,378 times
Well thanks for the responses including semi-negative perspectives which I don't brush off (lost my ego many years ago) I'm not a religous fanatic I'am (excuse all the stupid "I's"), but hysterically focused on "truth". Jonathan Cahn doesn't hold a exclusive key to truth nor is he a modern prophet. Cahn IS a great student of scripture and as many messanics go has a vast insight into the Torah (Old Testament) and now via the Holy Spirit he has been given keys to the "warnings of God on America and the world and just has a gift period. He is amazing, but I don't cling to one man or woman teachers as I (we) have the real Rabbi " real deal" Teacher and the real Father to learn from directly ie, Yahshua,Yeshua,Jesus Christ!

Last edited by Jonahindabelly; 07-01-2012 at 09:25 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,046,311 times
I noticed you mention the followers of truth (Agnostics) within those that would dissent to these re-re-re-newed cries of wolf by small groups of contradicting people in the "Annointed" sects (dirtied by oil, they boost their selfish ego's and vainful thirst for immortality and greedy hunger for bliss thinking in makes them better). WE write "In God we Trust" in our license plates like the Pagans used to do with their money, I don't see people turning their backs to God in the Third World countries. Seems The Gods were blessing the Pagans, since they had their fare share of good times. Religionists are truly ignorant, ignorant of each other and ignorant of reality. Its been "almost time" to life-haters since before even Jesus said that the kingdom would come before those who heard with their ears died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.