Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:18 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,914 times

Advertisements

Not only is Joe Paterno and practically every College institution and administrator guilty of polluting God's Holy 7th Day Sabbath but this watchdog, the NCAA, the body that currently claims to have the interest of the nation, is actually aiding and abetting the cause of the most horrific punishment to ever be poured out on a nation.

The NCAA is actually encouraging Sabbath breaking which will eventually cause the citizens of this nation to be outright vaporized or left half dead by the horrific nuclear explosions to rock this entire nation in the years ahead. After you hand out all your sanctions, you need to be sanctioned yourself. The NCAA is contributing to and encouraging sins in this nation that will have a far more impact than on the victims of the people and institution they are currently condemning.

After you finish your job of condemning, NCAA, then shut your own organization down and confess and repent of your sins before God for encouraging Sabbath-breaking helping to destroy this entire nation!

I can't say it any plainer than that!

Wake Up, America!

God's 7th Day Sabbath is God's Day, Not Yours!

Again, Wake Up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 04:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
I believe in the Sabbath (7th day)...but seriously?

Why is this your approach? Why not draw from the example of Jesus?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:01 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post

Wake Up, America!

God's 7th Day Sabbath is God's Day, Not Yours!

Again, Wake Up!
mark 2:27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath

Wakey, wakey...

Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I believe in the Sabbath (7th day)...but seriously?

Why is this your approach? Why not draw from the example of Jesus?
Let's see.

John the Baptist spoke out in his day. Result: got his head chopped off.

Christ spoke out in His day. Result: beaten beyond recognition, mocked, crucified, mortally stabbed in the side by a Roman soldier

The 12 apostles and Paul spoke out in their day. Result: all were believed martyred (after being tortured for some) except John and he miracously escaped a pot of boiling oil.

The beloved Saints who keep the Commandments of God and who have the Holy Spirit with the Faith of Jesus Christ, many were martyred -- "I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God."

This nation needs to be warned! And to not to do that til martyrdom comes, I feel I am not worthy to sit next to these great men who all were torn to pieces by the vicious satan inspired mobs of this present evil world. Men who fearlessly proclaimed the Truth of God no matter what the consequences. Physical death is but for a moment but eternal life is forever...That is my personal belief...

This nation is not being warned properly for all of their sins against God.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
mark 2:27 Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath

Wakey, wakey...
But it is still God's Day to be sanctified and set apart from the rest of the week. A day for man to rest and worship God. Not to follow strict laws added after the days of Ezra and Nehemiah to make the Sabbath a yoke of bondage. You jump from one ditch into the other.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Let's see.

John the Baptist spoke out in his day. Result: got his head chopped off.

Christ spoke out in His day. Result: beaten beyond recognition, mocked, crucified, mortally stabbed in the side by a Roman soldier

The 12 apostles and Paul spoke out in their day. Result: all were believed martyred (after being tortured for some) except John and he miracously escaped a pot of boiling oil.

The beloved Saints who keep the Commandments of God and who have the Holy Spirit with the Faith of Jesus Christ, many were martyred -- "I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God."

This nation needs to be warned! And to not to do that til martyrdom comes, I feel I am not worthy to sit next to these great men who all were torn to pieces by the vicious satan inspired mobs of this present evil world. Men who fearlessly proclaimed the Truth of God no matter what the consequences. Physical death is but for a moment but eternal life is forever...That is my personal belief...

This nation is not being warned properly for all of their sins against God.
What was Jesus' approach when spreading the gospel?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What was Jesus' approach when spreading the gospel?
It was a warning and witness to the world in general so they would not be converted at the time. He spoke in parables to hide the meaning but still preached it to them even though their eyes were blind and their ears were deaf to actually come into God's Church and receive God's Holy Spirit. But to the true Saints He spoke plainly the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and these were converted and repented of their sins and kept the Commandments of God did recieve the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

But to the leaders of His day He fearlessly spoke out against their errors. He didn't spare condemnation for their evil ways. And neither do most true ministers of God! They will condemn evil!

Last edited by tthttf; 07-23-2012 at 06:11 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
It was a warning and witness to the world in general so they would not be converted at the time. He spoke in parables to hide the meaning but still preached it to them even though their eyes were blind and their ears were deaf to actually come into God's Church and receive God's Holy Spirit. But to the true Saints He spoke plainly the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and these were converted and repented of their sins and kept the Commandments of God did recieve the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

But to the leaders of His day He fearlessly spoke out against their errors. He didn't spare condemnation for their evil ways. And neither do most true ministers of God! They will condemn evil!
Jesus preach in parables and gave plain message with love...and not constant condemnation. Sometimes its not what we say but how we say it.

John 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Jesus preach in parables and gave plain message with love...and not constant condemnation. Sometimes its not what we say but how we say it.

John 3:17 - For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
You may have deduced from this that Christ spoke to everyone like a mother would speak to her children with kindness and affection.

Now, please answer my request. Give me examples where Christ did not speak timidly and really railed out on the evils He saw around Him and give example(s) where He actually got physical with the evil people of His day. Don't hold back. Scan for His most vicious remarks that He used to make His words really sting so the listeners would get the point.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
You may have deduced from this that Christ spoke to everyone like a mother would speak to her children with kindness and affection.

Now, please answer my request. Give me examples where Christ did not speak timidly and really railed out on the evils He saw around Him and give example(s) where He actually got physical with the evil people of His day. Don't hold back. Scan for His most vicious remarks that He used to make His words really sting so the listeners would get the point.
No one said anything of the sort @ the bold. However, he carefully considered to whom he was speaking and not simply spewing anything at anyone. People are going to be "vaporized or left half dead?" Really?

*sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity