Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2012, 05:43 PM

473 posts, read 821,823 times

Advertisements

I talked to God face to face today. Before I tell you how I'm possitive of this, I want to tell you the story that led to my face to face encounter with Jesus.
Last week I took my eighty-one year old neighbor to look for a suitable nursing home for her. One of the nursing homes we went into had fithy narrow halls with up to four elderly in a room. The conditions were so horrific that I had to choke back sobs. The smell would knock you down. They are in worse conditions than the cattle we eat. The second nursing home was very nice but run like a hospital with four people sharing a toilet and two to a room. I started praying.
I said, "God, if you will give me the money, I will start a non-profit assisted living home for the low-income elderly. I will allow each person that is able to work the choice to work fifteen hours a week to help defray the cost of their stay. There are many elderly that can still cook, clean, do maintenance, etc. Some have been secretaries, janitors, etc." --I've dreamed for a week about how it would look and how I would run it. I showed Him an inner courtyard, individual rooms with a private bathroom. Rooms for couples. A large comfortable living room, a dining and kitchen, a library/game/music room.
I've driven around in my area looking at property-----I have no money.
Today, I saw a spool of thread in my mind--I didn't get the message. So--this evening I got the urge to go to the store. I drove straight to a store that I didn't intend to go to. I laughed at myself and went inside. The young girl behind the counter said, "Can I ask you a question? It's about God. Some people say that God talks to them and that He answers them. How does God answer people?" I said, " When I get ideas that I know I'm not smart enough to think of, I know they came from Him and I thank Him." She said, " Well, I have a man that always lets money get in the way and I don't know what to do about it." I said, " We should never let money get in the way of anything." This seemed like a strange and disjointed conversation and before we could continue another customer came in and she said, "Can you come back and talk to me about some things? I don't work tomorrow but I'll be back after that." I said sure and left the store. When I got outside it hit me and I started bawling. I talked to God face to face through the mouth of a child.
So His plea is for those of you that have funds or know how to start organizations such as this. I have not the knowledge nor the funding for such an enterprise. Have any of you been to a nursing home lately? Some of these should be out of business. Why can't ther be places that the elderly help run? This would give them a sense of belonging, a sense of self-worth, a place that still feels like home. The assisted living facilities in my area are well above the means of a fixed income elder. One in the area costs $2200 a month in an area where most draw around $700 a month.
Do all in is name, the name of love----Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 07:03 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
The Lord indeed speaks to people through His Word, other people, signs, visions and any number of ways. He is not limited on how to reach us. You seem to have a sensitive, generous, compassionate spirit and I certainly applaud your desire to obey the Lord. Perhaps He is giving you a vision to build your own nursing home or assisted living facility ... or perhaps, He is leading you to get directly involved in the plight of the indigent elderly in your area. God is also concerned and is certainly able to provide resources for whatever He directs.

Meanwhile, continue to make contacts and collect information to 'flesh-out your 'vision. (Of the many examples in scripture where God led people to complete big tasks (eg; Ezra/Temple, Solomon/Temple, Nehemiah/Walls), He didn't give them a 'free pass' on the work, planning, funding, management, etc. -- to make it happen). As you do this, you will come into contact with people who can help you 'flesh-out' things like licensing, location, required funding, people and business issues, etc). He may even lead you to people with the financial resources to make it happen ... or make you part of someone else's ALF project. One potential danger is getting so locked-into all of the details of the specific bricks and mortar, that you 'miss' what else God may have in store for you.

Continue to pray each step of the way that God will lead you through this process to His answers. Regardless of what happens, you will find that 'walking-out' your faith and vision will help you grow Spiritually in ways you might not even imagine at this moment. Think of it as 'running a race'. At the moment, you have a vision of the finish-line, the crowds, banners and completed race! That's a wonderful thing, but, the 'race' must still be run and, like any race, it can only be run one-step at a time. Get started; keep your passion and vision in sight ... and God will send others along-side to help you!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,867,899 times
Sometimes, I wonder how many are living in deplorable conditions and how many are homeless and how many are jobless at the risk of becoming homeless that the church could not support their own?

It's all fine and dandy to send youths on foreign mission trips to give them an awareness of the world to see how "blessed" they are to live in America, but such vanity should not be entertained any more when they should really look in our own backyard in just how only some of us are really "blessed" in America.

Before nursing homes, what did Americans do? Isn't the whole idea of having many children is in the hopes that one of them or several of them would take care of them in their ripe old age? The irony is that of the children ever found themselves with no place to go, they could always go home to their folks. Where is that love in return?

Maybe the problem would be solved if Americans would look to provide for their own "house" as in their own "family". What cannot be done by family when there are none, then if they are church members, the church should take them up. And if not the church, then maybe God will raise up families to share that burden by taking them in to their homes.

1 Timothy 5:4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God. 5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day. 6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. 7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 9 Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man. 10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work. 11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry; 12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith. 13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. 14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 15 For some are already turned aside after Satan. 16 If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:49 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
I have found that people who get pushed into nursing homes by their children or Doctors with to much power of attorney, If these people are Christian then they will never go to church again ....Which if these people have clear mind will be a death sentence for these people , as they will lose their salvation ...... So their children and people with this power of attorney will have to stand before Jesus Christ one day with an unrepentant case of murder on their table before the Lord ...... Sound hard, most nursing home and rest home are not Christian homes but secular

Old 08-04-2012, 06:28 AM

3,066 posts, read 3,722,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I have found that people who get pushed into nursing homes by their children or Doctors with to much power of attorney, If these people are Christian then they will never go to church again ....Which if these people have clear mind will be a death sentence for these people , as they will lose their salvation ...... So their children and people with this power of attorney will have to stand before Jesus Christ one day with an unrepentant case of murder on their table before the Lord ...... Sound hard, most nursing home and rest home are not Christian homes but secular
RESPONSE:

What makes you conclude that these people "will lose their salvation"? You seem to have a very poor opinion of God's justice. Or perhaps you think that "going to church" is the only means of salvation.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:16 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Sometimes, I wonder how many are living in deplorable conditions and how many are homeless and how many are jobless at the risk of becoming homeless that the church could not support their own?

It's all fine and dandy to send youths on foreign mission trips to give them an awareness of the world to see how "blessed" they are to live in America, but such vanity should not be entertained any more when they should really look in our own backyard in just how only some of us are really "blessed" in America.

Before nursing homes, what did Americans do? Isn't the whole idea of having many children is in the hopes that one of them or several of them would take care of them in their ripe old age? The irony is that of the children ever found themselves with no place to go, they could always go home to their folks. Where is that love in return?

Maybe the problem would be solved if Americans would look to provide for their own "house" as in their own "family". What cannot be done by family when there are none, then if they are church members, the church should take them up. And if not the church, then maybe God will raise up families to share that burden by taking them in to their homes.

1 Timothy 5:4 But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God. 5 Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day. 6 But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth. 7 And these things give in charge, that they may be blameless.8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 9 Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man. 10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work. 11 But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry; 12 Having damnation, because they have cast off their first faith. 13 And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not. 14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 15 For some are already turned aside after Satan. 16 If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.

You're right Christians are to take care of the Widows and them of their own household. I'm currently watching over my 90 year old grandmother in an effort to keep her out of the home. The Lord wants people to take care of the orphaned, fatherless, and the widows. The primary call of Christians is to be a witness to the truth edifying the Body for the Kingdom of God.

Old 08-04-2012, 07:19 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

What makes you conclude that these people "will lose their salvation"? You seem to have a very poor opinion of God's justice. Or perhaps you think that "going to church" is the only means of salvation.
Once one has their Justification redeemed by Christ they can not lose it (John 10). Salvation has to do with God's Grace not his Justice though. The Justice of God in the Law falls upon those did not accept Jesus Christ (the only means of salvation) as their propitiatory sacrifice. Going to Church has never saved anyone.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:05 AM

473 posts, read 821,823 times
I currently stay nights with elderly people in their own homes to keep them out of nursing homes--I get paid to sleep. This is to help them when they get up through the night and to give them a sense of security. I work two days a week for my neighbor who is eighty-one. I take her to the doctor,grocery store, clean her house, cook, etc. the rest of the week, I clean houses for people who work at outside jobs. I currently work six days and five or six nights. I make more money than most who work outside. I never lie on my taxes and the first thing I do is tithe. God is blessing me more than I ever thought possible.
Yeshua Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity