U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 AM

910 posts, read 1,149,317 times

Advertisements

I ask this question because it seems to me that most people confuse Christian Faith with being right before God. If it were so, why did he caution that in the last days many would say 'I did this or that in your name and he would say I know ye not'. Why did he say if you love me keep my commandments? Why is the road to HIM narrow? It is also said that many are called and only few are chosen, why? Why is it said that 'their works follow them'? Did God or Christ found any religion?

In his lifetime, he was at ease in Jewish temples as he was in Hindu temples. He mixed with all manner of people and exhibited love. That, my friends is true worship, true religion. Showing love to your fellow human being, loving your creator and keeping yourself free from sin.

Because he died for our sins, once we confess our sin, he is able to forgive us, without fail, otherwise, he himself will be guilty of sin. But that grace should not be an excuse for us to revel in sin. God, who reads and knows every spirit, cannot be mocked.

And so, having examined everything in this world, I stand firm to proclaim that only loving and righteous people of different faith and peoples will be saved. You demon, pretender, miracle worker, pastor, (**insert**), whatever you call yourself, that do not genuinely love your neighbor, but hide under Christianity or Bible to preach division, hate etc, your destruction is nigh unless you repent!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 04:41 AM

8,572 posts, read 7,734,438 times
Believers of Jesus who have a heart for the things of the spirit , were they renew their mind into the righteousness of prudence in the spirit , will have gifts from Holy Spirit as they will be receptive to the Spirit of God and Jesus Working, ...Like one way they must renew their mind to the Words that Jesus promised and must guard their Words that the carnal spirit will not have words to say which can thaw the faith in Jesus Words for His blessing ...... Then on the other side there are the legalist who know the literal Word and fail to discern the character of the Lord and block faith with judgmental ideas and end up giving rise to the carnal spirit which can judge himself and other that they must stay on the right road and can miss the spirit , Like the scribes and Pharisees who condemned Jesus for not obeying the letter of the Sabbath laws, and other bias ideas ........ Both those who lean to the Spirit and those who lean to the law of God can fall short of being whole , with no lack in the Holy Spirit...... I believe God will be honored in believers who develop the fruits of the Spirit as these are the only things believers will take with them with their souls in to Heaven ...

Old 07-29-2012, 05:13 AM

34,618 posts, read 22,851,776 times
It appears to me that the most important thing in the mind of the modern day Christian is to be doctrinally correct( something not found in scripture), You can be loving your neighbor as yourself, but if your doctrine is not up to scratch, you're an heretic. While those who think they are doctrinally correct in their own eyes play down love and the fact of loving your neighbor as yourself is the fulfillment of the law. What does this tell us ? .

True doctrine is to do the will of the Father....................which is loving your neighbor as yourself.

God IS Love.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It appears to me that the most important thing in the mind of the modern day Christian is to be doctrinally correct( something not found in scripture), You can be loving your neighbor as yourself, but if your doctrine is not up to scratch, you're an heretic. While those who think they are doctrinally correct in their own eyes play down love and the fact of loving your neighbor as yourself is the fulfillment of the law. What does this tell us ? .

True doctrine is to do the will of the Father....................which is loving your neighbor as yourself.

God IS Love.
Pcamps, I am in your camp a million times! It's amazing how folks loose track of what went wrong and what Christ came to correct and his basic mission. Doctrine will not save you. Those commandments he set out which dwell on love are what will save any human being. Whether you are a UR believer or ET, or whoever you are, the love of God = Love of Christ

Old 07-29-2012, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Believers of Jesus who have a heart for the things of the spirit , were they renew their mind into the righteousness of prudence in the spirit , will have gifts from Holy Spirit as they will be receptive to the Spirit of God and Jesus Working, ...Like one way they must renew their mind to the Words that Jesus promised and must guard their Words that the carnal spirit will not have words to say which can thaw the faith in Jesus Words for His blessing ...... Then on the other side there are the legalist who know the literal Word and fail to discern the character of the Lord and block faith with judgmental ideas and end up giving rise to the carnal spirit which can judge himself and other that they must stay on the right road and can miss the spirit , Like the scribes and Pharisees who condemned Jesus for not obeying the letter of the Sabbath laws, and other bias ideas ........ Both those who lean to the Spirit and those who lean to the law of God can fall short of being whole , with no lack in the Holy Spirit...... I believe God will be honored in believers who develop the fruits of the Spirit as these are the only things believers will take with them with their souls in to Heaven ...
This where I have a problem. The man (Christ) said, if you love me, obey my commandments. By obeying and practicalizing his commandments, you are his disciple. Period. It is not by claiming you have the 'Spirit'. Matter of fact, you can have Spirit, but because you do not practicalize the commandments, you become miss out on his kingdom. Reason : In this last days, God has poured out his Spirit into all Flesh. Acts 2. That is why a man can be a miracle worker and still miss out on the kingdom of God. Essentially we need to look at the basics of Christ's teaching and we should be OK.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM

6,822 posts, read 5,559,400 times
Jesus Christ is the way and is the door. He holds the keys to Hades and Death. Salvation is through Jesus Christ. There is one condition for Justification, and that is coming to God through Jesus Christ receiving his free gift appropriated to our account through receiving Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Through regeneration one is sanctified through submission and obedience to his will from a changed heart (spiritual circumcision). Our Justification falls upon Christ's not our ability to fulfill the Law. Not one man will be able to boast of "getting" to heaven by their own effort. We can only humble ourselves asking God for his free gift.

Luke 18:9-14

King James Version (KJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Jesus Christ is the way and is the door. He holds the keys to Hades and Death. Salvation is through Jesus Christ. There is one condition for Justification, and that is coming to God through Jesus Christ receiving his free gift appropriated to our account through receiving Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Through regeneration one is sanctified through submission and obedience to his will from a changed heart (spiritual circumcision). Our Justification falls upon Christ's not our ability to fulfill the Law. Not one man will be able to boast of "getting" to heaven by their own effort. We can only humble ourselves asking God for his free gift.

Luke 18:9-14

King James Version (KJV)

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
Jesus is the way, agreed. Its like saying God is the way - even the demons agree. But 'the way' has defined what you need to do to be his own. Read all about it in scripture. The one you have quoted, I struggle to see the relevance, because if you love your fellows, you will not think yourself better than anyone. The publican was the one that showed love. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or