Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 PM

473 posts, read 822,878 times

Advertisements

Here is where He claims to be the Father Himself.

John 14:13-14--And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, THAT WILL I DO, that the Father be glorified in the son. 14--If ye shall ask any thing, in my name, I WILL DO IT
John 16:23--And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME, HE WILL GIVE IT YOU.

Yeshua Bless You
Also--John 12:45, John 14:7, John 14:10, John 6:46, Acts 2:38
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,461,322 times
You're saying that Jesus claims to be God the Father? That's certainly not how I see these verses, at least not if you're using "God the Father" in the normally understood Trinitarian sense (where Jesus is God the Son). There is both unity and distinction (i.e. relationship) within the Godhead.

If you want to redefine "God the Father", you need to be clear in what you mean.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:55 PM

28,103 posts, read 30,005,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post

John 14:13-14--And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, THAT WILL I DO, that the Father be glorified in the son. 14--If ye shall ask any thing, in my name, I WILL DO IT
John 16:23--And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ASK THE FATHER IN MY NAME, HE WILL GIVE IT YOU.

Yeshua Bless You
So if Jesus was the Father Himself, who did He pray to when He prayed? Himself?

Old 08-07-2012, 09:40 PM

481 posts, read 865,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post

Yeshua Bless You
Jesus was the "Christ" (the word "Christ" is a Hebrew title meaning.... "Messiah", "The Anointed One", "The One"). Jesus was a man, a man of flesh and body with life giving fluid, called blood, just as we are. God our Father, neither by Mary nor Joseph, gave his name “Jesus” unto Him nor, as it was delivered in a message from the Lord God by a messenger of God (an Angel). Jesus was to be the name of the "Christ", which is the name above all names.....Christ Jesus (HaMashiach Yeshua). God our Father (Holy Spirit) lived in Christ Jesus as He lives in you, as brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, He lives in all of us. Jesus never spoke of or even claimed to be God our Father, nor is it even testimony or witnessed that He is God our Father or any God alone. He did the work of the Father within Him, or other words emanated the works of the Holy Spirit (the Fruits & Gifts of the Spirit). He laid His own life down for "YOU" Sheila Renae along with all humanity from that day to the end of days, so you may have hope in God our Fathers ultimate love for us....Gods Salvation through Christ Jesus that is freely given to all humanity. The rest is up to us in our free will choices no matter what some say. Amen, and I say; LIFE has been given freely to all (and I mean all), but LIFE must be free willingly chosen, thus why Jesus said.... "“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

If you are not in the Spirit of things (Gods wisdom & knowledge), then you will never see the light of things, but just the darkness of things. This darkness of things is of your own, and not of God our Fathers. Thus why Christ Jesus says (just one instance, though many more)..."Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand." & "But to this day the LORD has not given you a mind that understands or eyes that see or ears that hear." Seek and focus on God your Father, as you are in your own.

....Peace be with you, as peace I leave you from my heart!

Last edited by Brother Michael; 08-07-2012 at 09:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity