Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

I've always kept a fond spot in my heart for Mrs. Agee. She has been so strong in the face of adversity: holding up bravely under all the flack she took from thousands of disappointed Christians when her rapture predictions failed; never once returning unkind words to those who gave plenty of unkind words to her; never making a dime off her four books on prophecy because her only intention was to get the word out that she believed the rapture was coming; losing her beloved husband, Ed last year when her one wish was to go with him in the rapture.

Marilyn says she received a visit from Ed in what she thinks is his celestial body. The issue came up when, on her website, a visitor doubted her story. This is some of what she had to say about the matter:

Quote:
I am so lucky to have had Ed visit me on April 2nd, 2012. I not only got answers to my most pressing questions, but I got to see how he looks now. I recognized him instantly. He looked and spoke like himself. He was exactly as I remembered him at 33.

I am delighted to find out that we will be as we were at 33 [in heaven]. That was the best time for us both. I think he was allowed to visit me because I was worried about whether we could be together forever or not. Thank you Lord, we can. Ed had prayed for the Lord to give him a Christian wife. The Lord worked miracles to get us together. We were originally from different states. He did a marvelous job, and we belong together.
In response to a question from the visitor who doubted her visit from Ed she said

Quote:
I know what I saw. I saw Ed, and he looked like he did when he was 33, not 87, his age when he died. He spoke with his normal voice. Whether it was actually him in his celestial body or a vision, I don't know. Whatever, he answered my questions then walked through the wall. When I asked Ed "Are there female angels in Heaven?" he said, "Yes." They are not believers from among mankind, they were created as angels. Since Ed was always trustworthy, I believe him. Since he had been in Heaven three months, ever since the morning of Dec 27, 2011, I figured that he should know.
I've written to Marilyn many times and followed her famous Pro/Con questions and answers section over the years. No matter what you may think about this incident the one attribute Marilyn always possessed in spades was and is veracity. She would have no good reason to make this story up. And the fact that there are female angels seems to be confirmed by scripture.

Quote:
9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10 “Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11 He replied, “To the country of Babylonia[c] to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”
But what is most interesting is that it seems that Ed conveyed to her in some way that, while all will be the Bride of Christ, that the special bonds that existed between husband and wife on earth will somehow be retained in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 04:19 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10 “Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11 He replied, “To the country of Babylonia[c] to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.” .
Where in scripture?

Old 08-14-2012, 04:29 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,112 times
It's Zechariah 5, but I'd put about 0 stock in people who make false prophecies / predictions.

Old 08-14-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
But what is most interesting is that it seems that Ed conveyed to her in some way that, while all will be the Bride of Christ, that the special bonds that existed between husband and wife on earth will somehow be retained in heaven.
Jesus revealed there is no marriage in heaven:
Mark 12:25
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
God confirmed that to Paul:
Romans 7:2
For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage.

What she was told was not based on the truth but from satanical messenger masquarding as the truth.
The angels are not married.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus revealed there is no marriage in heaven:
Mark 12:25
When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
God confirmed that to Paul:
Romans 7:2
For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of marriage.

What she was told was not based on the truth but from satanical messenger masquarding as the truth.
The angels are not married.
Well, I'm not trying to contradict Jesus. Remember, Ed and Marilyn were already married. So they are not "marrying or being given in marriage". And her words suggest that they are not necessarily in a married state but they do have a special bond "like" marriage that emanates from their married state here on earth.

And why would you think a satanic entity would be allowed to visit a woman who has devoted her life to serving God? That would mean you or I are as likely to get such a visit and I know I will never have such a visitation. None of God's children get such visitations unless they seek them.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm not trying to contradict Jesus. Remember, Ed and Marilyn were already married. So they are not "marrying or being given in marriage". And her words suggest that they are not necessarily in a married state but they do have a special bond "like" marriage that emanates from their married state here on earth.

And why would you think a satanic entity would be allowed to visit a woman who has devoted her life to serving God? That would mean you or I are as likely to get such a visit and I know I will never have such a visitation. None of God's children get such visitations unless they seek them.
Exactly none of God's children get such visitations unless they seek them.
False teachers are false teachers. One doesn't serve God by being a false teacher and her rapture predictions failed because a false prophet speaks for Satan.

So why not a satanic entity would be allowed to visit a woman who has devoted her life that spoke a satanical lie?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Exactly none of God's children get such visitations unless they seek them.
False teachers are false teachers. One doesn't serve God by being a false teacher and her rapture predictions failed because a false prophet speaks for Satan.

So why not a satanic entity would be allowed to visit a woman who has devoted her life that spoke a satanical lie?
I think "a false prophet speaks for satan" is a little harsh. I guess you had to "know" the woman. She may have made some bad calls but they were honest calls. I wouldn't lump her in with people like LaHayne, Lindsey, Jeffries, van Impe, and other TBN luminaries who have done the same thing for the almighty buck. According to what she says, she didn't ask or pray or seek for Ed to visit her. It just happened. And I wouldn't swear to it actually having happened myself, though as I said I believe she's honest as the day is long and had absolutely no good reason to invent such a story. Just living poor as a church mouse when, with her reputation she could have been rolling in cash like the aforementioned PP's proves to me that she has dignity and truthfulness. I just don't see her as the kind of person in touch with evil spirits.

I think there is Bible evidence that the souls who have passed before the Resurrection can be in a married state because Jesus qualified the "no marriage" law in Matthew as occurring at the Resurrection, not before.

Quote:
In the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage.
So husbands and wives can be joined after death but before the resurrection and singles can be married and given in marriage as well before the Resurrection, but in the resurrection at the end of the age it all comes to an end when we are joined with Christ at the Marriage of the Lamb. Otherwise why would Jesus have deliberately left a time gap after death but before the Resurrection in which His words would not be applicable?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:

I think there is Bible evidence that the souls who have passed before the Resurrection can be in a married state because Jesus qualified the "no marriage" law in Matthew as occurring at the Resurrection, not before.
Doesn't really fit the context of verses 18-23 in Mark 12. Also see below.
Quote:
So husbands and wives can be joined after death but before the resurrection and singles can be married and given in marriage as well before the Resurrection, but in the resurrection at the end of the age it all comes to an end when we are joined with Christ at the Marriage of the Lamb. Otherwise why would Jesus have deliberately left a time gap after death but before the Resurrection in which His words would not be applicable?
The point is that there's a whole new created order of existence where the institution of marriage is no longer needed.

Anyway, sounds like Mrs. Agee fails the tests of both Deuteronomy 13:1-5 and 18:22.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I think "a false prophet speaks for satan" is a little harsh. I guess you had to "know" the woman. She may have made some bad calls but they were honest calls.
Once again God makes no such distinction. There is no such thing as honest bad calls if one is claiming to speak the truth while predicting future events that doesn't happen.. such a person is speaking a message that is not coming from God.
Deuteronomy 18:21-22
You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the Lord?”
If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken.

Such failures are the recognizable fruits that Jesus speaks about that one can judge who is speaking the truth from those who are speaking the lies from satan.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:19 AM

Yup, twin.spin, and as I posted above, even if someone makes a correct prediction, but then what they start to claim as new revelation contradicts what we know about God, then we are also to dismiss such a person. (Deut. 13:1-5, 18:20)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity