U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,245,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmustbe View Post
You are so right, I have been a christian for all of my life and JW come to my door and try to convert me, after years of closing the door, I decided to sit with them to hear what they have to say, and ohhhh boy why the heck did, I do that? I stayed calm and spoke through love with scripture back up in the Kings J Version. They went from being so nice to so dark and mad. So many things wrong with there Theology it was scary, so they got up and left after trying to double team me, I then started to feel weird after they left, next I found my self so spirtualy sick, my husband came home from work and saw how , I was and started rebuking and blessing the house. I had to seek advice on what the Hell just happened and sure enough, relized they left such a darkness with me, that it made me sick.
JW are very dark and if you never felt spiritualy sick, I don't suggest anyone ever let them in your home and especially never let them pray to there Jehovah good, while they are in your home either. They are lost and all you could do is pray they find the truth, don't be mean to them just pray for them.
God is about love not a whole bunch of rules and regulations. If you believe he died for you and your sins then Heaven, shall await you.
From the research done on the JWs, I see the primary issue is their Bible translation. It's impossible to talk Bible with them as there are two different Bibles. I've tried doing some research with their NWT Bible to talk to them, but the Watchtower has done a pretty good job erasing (which it's clear that has happened) any suggestion of the divinity of Jesus Christ and Godhead. The only inconsistency I've found thus far that they missed to correct is in John 2 of the NWT.

John 2
Therefore, in answer, the Jews said to him: “What sign have you to show us, since you are doing these things?”19In answer Jesus said to them: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”20Therefore the Jews said: “This temple was built in forty‐six years, and will you raise it up in three days?”21But he was talking about the temple of his body.22When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples called to mind that he used to say this; and they believed the Scripture and the saying that Jesus said.

Here the Lord Jesus declares that he raised up his own body.

I think with the JWs the intention is not to prove one thing or another as they are professional debaters which will lead to strifeful debate but to raise question in their minds of the authority that they've put themselves under with the Watchtower. Exposing the false prophecies of the organization could be one way to raise doubt. Encouraging them to look at the other side of the story in their own research. Explain what the Bible teaches in Salvation by God's Grace alone as it is independent of Man's ability as all fall short of the glory of God.

Most of all pray because there is a very serious dark cloud and curse over that entire organization.

One thing all the major "Christian" so called religions such as Jehovah Witnesses, Mormonism, and Catholicism of America have in common is "dominionism".

All believe that WE are going to BY FORCE and by our own effort cast out the darkness by God's Power IN US to establish the Kingdom of God on this Earth prior to Jesus Christ's return.

Matthew 24

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 4,033 times
Keep reading the bible and discovering things for yourself don't let others influence your beleifs

Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 775,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Are you saying that the devil doesn't rule the world and control the people in it?
That is exactly the point. God is love. The devil is hatred, if a religion wants to control you as JW does, run! If you leave them they will curse you, that´s their love. There is no truth in it. You are save in Jesus alone. Make Him Lord over your life. Watch Tower is a wrong kingdom, a cult.

Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM

2,818 posts, read 3,281,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I just need a JW to explain it to me why people do bad things to me,and I've been praying to Jehovah and studying with Jw.
Is it becuase I'm praying and trying to get closer to Jehovah?

Is the devil somehow,since he rules the world, using those people to do things to me,just because I'm trying to get closer to Jehovah?

Or is that's just the way of the world?
what is you meaning of " the devil" many folks make this guy out to be omnipresent. he cannot be bothering you if he is bothering me here in texas. he has to travel. there are billions in the world, do you really think he will go bother you?
People are just being people, i get the middle finger at me sometimes for reasons i am not sure of. I learned to leave people alone because you never know what they are going through.
the JW have some strange beliefs, but so do the baptists. Just know that not everyone will like you.
the adversary is the god of this world, but God is still on His throne calling the shots.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM

8,772 posts, read 13,025,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
what is you meaning of " the devil" many folks make this guy out to be omnipresent. he cannot be bothering you if he is bothering me here in texas. he has to travel. there are billions in the world, do you really think he will go bother you?
People are just being people, i get the middle finger at me sometimes for reasons i am not sure of. I learned to leave people alone because you never know what they are going through.
the JW have some strange beliefs, but so do the baptists. Just know that not everyone will like you.
the adversary is the god of this world, but God is still on His throne calling the shots.
What the JW's say is that Satan rules the world(including people)

They have an EXTREMELY strong case when they used the scripture when Jesus was on the mountain and Satan offered him all the kingdoms if he bowed down and worshipped him.
How was he able to offer Jesus any kingdoms if he didn't rule the world?

Ps: I never said he was omnipresent,but he obviously has other fallen angels on his side.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:33 PM

796 posts, read 812,978 times
When I went out to check my mail today there was a pamphlet folded and stuffed into the door. It was titled "Would you like to know the Truth?". It was a Watchtower publication. I think I will use it to start the fire I am planing for the Quran's I have gotten sent to me for free from the internet.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 PM

8,896 posts, read 4,132,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
When I went out to check my mail today there was a pamphlet folded and stuffed into the door. It was titled "Would you like to know the Truth?". It was a Watchtower publication. I think I will use it to start the fire I am planing for the Quran's I have gotten sent to me for free from the internet.
Years ago a friend's mother used the Watchtower and Awake! magazines to start her fireplace fire.

How would you answer the questions about knowing religious or divine truth ?

Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,276,470 times
I guess showing respect for peoples religion only applies to those on the politically correct list, which obviously, JW/WTS is not.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Years ago a friend's mother used the Watchtower and Awake! magazines to start her fireplace fire.

How would you answer the questions about knowing religious or divine truth ?
My answer to the question "Would you like to know the Truth?", is yes. As a child of God I am in the Truth and learning more of it as I grow in my faith in Jesus Christ.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I guess showing respect for peoples religion only applies to those on the politically correct list, which obviously, JW/WTS is not.
Now that's funny! The JW's are being treated with kid gloves compared to how some on this forum attack and try to make fools of Christians who post here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity