Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 PM

9,005 posts, read 13,773,257 times

Advertisements

I just need to ask a question. It isn't one that is slamming or anything.

I spoke with a JW(I studied with her) and she said that when you are trying to
become a JW that the devil will try to discourage you and that he is the ruler of the world.
I wonder does it include this: it just seems people who don't know me make comments about me.
Case in point: if I'm walking down the street, someone will shout something mean to me,for no apparent reason other than because its me. Or the cashier that greets everyone in the store but me. There could be hundreds of people around in a concertbut somehow it seems the trouble makers find me.
Its like people see something about me.

For the last 16 years I have been using Jehovah in my prayers,the way JW instructed me to.
Does he control the people who are of this world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 02:16 PM

399 posts, read 703,082 times
That is a load of bolgona. I was a JW for27 years and left after I found out the true origins of them and what they keep changing. New Light when God never changes. So no, it's not you, it's just people being themselves. I now have unconditional love for all people no matter what. I am still Christian but no longer feel better cause of a religion/cult that teaches me that everyone but them are going to be destroyed. Follow your heart! Do research!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:19 PM

791 posts, read 1,429,345 times
I always have a warm smile for them when I see them on the street. The way they stood up to the Nazis under Hitler was just as admirable as could be.

Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylee11 View Post
That is a load of bolgona. I was a JW for27 years and left after I found out the true origins of them and what they keep changing. New Light when God never changes. So no, it's not you, it's just people being themselves. I now have unconditional love for all people no matter what. I am still Christian but no longer feel better cause of a religion/cult that teaches me that everyone but them are going to be destroyed. Follow your heart! Do research!
Are you saying that the devil doesn't rule the world and control the people in it?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:21 PM

I just need a JW to explain it to me why people do bad things to me,and I've been praying to Jehovah and studying with Jw.
Is it becuase I'm praying and trying to get closer to Jehovah?

Is the devil somehow,since he rules the world, using those people to do things to me,just because I'm trying to get closer to Jehovah?

Or is that's just the way of the world?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:27 PM

88,133 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Could it be that something about you causes this reaction in people? That you are giving off an air of anger or appear sullen or offensive or frightening in your demeanor?

I don't know you, so only you or people who know you in person can answer that. But it's something you have to rule out before you lay blame elsewhere.

Old 08-15-2012, 05:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I just need to ask a question. It isn't one that is slamming or anything.

I spoke with a JW(I studied with her) and she said that when you are trying to
become a JW that the devil will try to discourage you and that he is the ruler of the world.
I wonder does it include this: it just seems people who don't know me make comments about me.
Case in point: if I'm walking down the street, someone will shout something mean to me,for no apparent reason other than because its me. Or the cashier that greets everyone in the store but me. There could be hundreds of people around in a concertbut somehow it seems the trouble makers find me.
Its like people see something about me.

For the last 16 years I have been using Jehovah in my prayers,the way JW instructed me to.
Does he control the people who are of this world?
Or just another possibility that God does somethings that seems bad to you but it is actually in your best interest. Maybe God is trying to get you to truly see what that the JW's are not really Jehovah's witnesses as they believe that they are... kinda like Saul before his conversion.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:01 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,602,185 times
When I first became a Christian one of the first people I talked to was my brother a devout atheist/agnostic. I just told him I came upon the truth. Well we'd go for walks at night for a while, and he suggested we go on one that night so we did. Long story short, it wasn't received well of my conversion to Christianity. Was this the antiChrist spirit working behind him? Absolutely. Not only does the Scripture support this claim, but the entire walk was all about degrading/attacking/discrediting Christianity (kind of like you see from the atheists on this board). Born again believers have God's Spirit in them. The World hates God in Christ and also hates his followers. The spirit behind the World's lost conforming it is the prince of the power of the air or Satan.

I highly recommend doing to researching into the Jehovah Witness organization. There are a lot of threads on here (some quite recent) in which doctrinal issues are discussed. Long story short, the issue ultimately comes down to translations. The JW Watchtower uses the "New World Translation" and degrades the "Authorized King James Version". What you will find in your research is that passages are interpreted incorrectly with assumptions with the JW bias and even deleted.

Passages such as..

John 3

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

What's bolded in blue is not in the NWT translation or in their "Kingdom Interlinear Translation". The passage demonstrates the transcendency of Jesus Christ which only God has.

Another good one.. one that you can even ask your friend about.. Ask her who raised Jesus from the Dead... She'll say the Father.. and then show her John 2:19-21 in her New World Translation..

John 2:19-21

19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

The passage shown is with the Authorized King James but reads similar in the New World Translation.

Jesus Christ raised his own body, but passages show both did the Father, and so did the Holy Spirit. It is evidence of the Godhead Trinity.

The closer you get to Godliving his will in Christ, the more the World will resist you. Jehovah Witness, however, is an organization in which the cat is out of the bag in all the strange bondage they put their people in which is NOT biblical. There's all sorts of other errors such as the 144,000 referring to actual physical descendants of the Tribes of Israel not the fortunate few that were eligible for heaven due to their "works", but that's pretty much all been covered on this forum somewhere.

Please do your research prior to making any decision regardless.

God bless.

Old 08-15-2012, 08:56 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,242,137 times
jerseygal read the bible for yourself. Stay away from JW's.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:43 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,448,608 times
Sounds like a mixture of confirmation bias and getting bad teaching from JW's (I know, that last part's redundant).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity