U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 AM

42 posts, read 45,799 times

Advertisements

[CENTER][CENTER]A Blessed Be-Attitude[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Matthew 5:1-3 (ESV)
1 Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.
2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The Beatitudes, a name often misunderstood, because the word beatitude is not actually in the bible; means Blessing. Notice if you look at your bible, every one of the be-attitudes, as we like to call them around these parts, starts with the word Blessed.

The Amplified Bible describes the word blessed as happy, spiritually prosperous, with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of your outward conditions. Any time I hear the word blessed, I think of the old hymn I Am Blessed, and I think of how God does shower His Grace upon me.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. This is another scripture that can often be confusing. Some read the word poor and automatically think it is a bad thing. In our society, being poor, just like being weak, is not a good thing in worldly terms; yet in God’s eyes it is a good thing. To be “poor in spirit” is to be humble. It is the direct opposite of being self-sufficient, or to be full of one’s self. It is to have a heart of surrender, to know that we can’t do anything, without our Lord Jesus. Just as when we are weak, we are strong in Christ; so is it, when we are poor in spirit, we are closer in our relationship to Jesus. [Please read Luke 18:9-14]

In our busy and demanding lives, it is often very easy to lose sight of being poor in spirit. We get so caught up in circumstances, and keeping everything straight, that we live on our own self-sufficiency. When this happens, we lose something very important, we lose a blessing. We are not blessed when we act off of our own righteousness, and we are not blessed when we strong in ourselves.

Today I pray that we all take a good look at the beatitudes again. That we see the attitudes that God shows us in which we are blessed by Him. Let us walk today, poor in spirit, and full of Him. Full of His Grace, His Compassion, His mercy, and His Holy Spirit…in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

How do you feel you can be more “poor in spirit”, and less strong in yourself?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 12:26 PM

489 posts, read 812,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdforster View Post
[CENTER][CENTER]A Blessed Be-Attitude[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Matthew 5:1-3 (ESV)
1 Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him.
2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The Beatitudes, a name often misunderstood, because the word beatitude is not actually in the bible; means Blessing. Notice if you look at your bible, every one of the be-attitudes, as we like to call them around these parts, starts with the word Blessed.

The Amplified Bible describes the word blessed as happy, spiritually prosperous, with life-joy and satisfaction in God’s favor and salvation, regardless of your outward conditions. Any time I hear the word blessed, I think of the old hymn I Am Blessed, and I think of how God does shower His Grace upon me.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. This is another scripture that can often be confusing. Some read the word poor and automatically think it is a bad thing. In our society, being poor, just like being weak, is not a good thing in worldly terms; yet in God’s eyes it is a good thing. To be “poor in spirit” is to be humble. It is the direct opposite of being self-sufficient, or to be full of one’s self. It is to have a heart of surrender, to know that we can’t do anything, without our Lord Jesus. Just as when we are weak, we are strong in Christ; so is it, when we are poor in spirit, we are closer in our relationship to Jesus. [Please read Luke 18:9-14]

In our busy and demanding lives, it is often very easy to lose sight of being poor in spirit. We get so caught up in circumstances, and keeping everything straight, that we live on our own self-sufficiency. When this happens, we lose something very important, we lose a blessing. We are not blessed when we act off of our own righteousness, and we are not blessed when we strong in ourselves.

Today I pray that we all take a good look at the beatitudes again. That we see the attitudes that God shows us in which we are blessed by Him. Let us walk today, poor in spirit, and full of Him. Full of His Grace, His Compassion, His mercy, and His Holy Spirit…in the mighty name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

How do you feel you can be more “poor in spirit”, and less strong in yourself?
It is exciting that you posted this brother Forster, as the Spirit moved this upon me yesterday evening before and after a very powerful lesson in the Spirit of Truth. I was wondering where our Lord God was leading me with this, but I see now through the Spirit of Truth where He is moving me. Thank you Father for allowing brother Forster in being a strong vessel of your Truth, and I say this in mighty name of Christ Jesus. Amen, I say!

Blessings be upon you brother Forster! Amen, I say to this truth...Yes, we must walk and live in the Spirit, we must be poor in spirit and be full of His love and compassion in the mighty name of Christ Jesus (HaMashiach Yeshua). For it is testimony....'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty."

....Peace be with you, as peace I leave you with from my heart!

Old 08-16-2012, 04:17 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,244,663 times

"Blessed Be" = Wiccan

Old 08-16-2012, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

"Blessed Be" = Wiccan .

....Shalom Aleichem! (Peace be with you!)

Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 PM

9,457 posts, read 11,493,597 times
Quote:

"Blessed Be" = Wiccan

'Tis true.

Blessed Be

Old 08-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:

"Blessed Be" = Wiccan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
'Tis true.

Blessed Be
Maybe so, but we definitely know where your hearts are, in your own or in Wicca.

"Blessed be the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore." (Psalm113.2 KJV)

Also in other translations as well. There is also much other testimony with the same....."Blessed be...".

....Peace be with you!

Old 08-17-2012, 09:39 PM

10,018 posts, read 11,967,058 times
I would encourage anyone who is interested in the subject to get a copy of "Studies in the sermon on the mount". By Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. It's just an awesome study of this most critical teaching by our Lord.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:34 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,244,663 times

It's obvious to me... and hopefully to other Christians... that there are pagans, atheists and other assorted non-Christians
posting on this Christian forum, some of them wolves in sheep's clothing.

Those Christians grounded in the Word of God are wary of such tricks and are not fooled.

Those who nullified God's Commandments by teaching their own humanistic traditions were constantly trying to trick Jesus
so they could accuse Him. Christians have been warned that we can expect more of the same from the same source.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:

It's obvious to me... and hopefully to other Christians... that there are pagans, atheists and other assorted non-Christians
posting on this Christian forum, some of them wolves in sheep's clothing.

Those Christians grounded in the Word of God are wary of such tricks and are not fooled.

Those who nullified God's Commandments by teaching their own humanistic traditions were constantly trying to trick Jesus
so they could accuse Him. Christians have been warned that we can expect more of the same from the same source.
Yes, this is true by far with the wolves in sheep's clothing, and these things are made light of for the ones whom are in the Spirit of things (walking and living in the Spirit). I will say this, brother Forster is not a wolf in sheep's clothing, and just because he uses a phrase that Wicca also uses, which just means ...."A greeting, farewell, and blessing." This phrase has been testimony and witnessed in scripture in the Gospel of Truth for a long time.

Only out of context or misused would it be deceiving or of lies, in which this was not.

My question is, why are you making a mountain out of a molehill? Maybe you should have worded yourself differently from the beginning, or even worded yourself as quoted above. Just saying? Your original posting brings to light the wolves in sheep's clothing per say.

This was a message of light, not of darkness or deceit, so let it be as the Lord has delivered it through brother Forster. Nothing more to say or do here.

....Peace be with you, as peace I leave you with!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I would encourage anyone who is interested in the subject to get a copy of "Studies in the sermon on the mount". By Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. It's just an awesome study of this most critical teaching by our Lord.
Not sure of this book you have recommended, but I highly recommend the testimony of the Beatitudes in the Gospel of Truth. We must step out in Faith and be "poor in spirit" simple put! This is a wonderful passage witnessed and testimony of Apostle Matthew.

....Peace be with you, as peace I leave you with from my heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity