Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 04:17 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,747 times

Advertisements

Britain and America have received the physical blessings promised to Abraham because the white Anglo-Saxon peoples in our countries are the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh, Joseph's two sons.

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong in his booklet "Which Day Is the Christian Sabbath" asked how have we used this wealth that God has given us.

Here is a quote from the booklet:

"But how have we used this wealth? In BAAL worship--the DAY of Baal the sun-god, called SUNDAY--in Baal’s Christmas, Easter,and other holidays -- in the PAGANIZED so-called Christianity, much of which is the very antithesis of the true religion of JESUS CHRIST!"

From the booklet "Which Day Is the Christian Sabbath", p. 33
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...df/sabbath.pdf

Moderator cut: delete

If you examine Sunday-worship, Christmas and Easter you will find these are pagan days and actual Baal worship.

So, these ministers may use the name of Jesus Christ a lot, but they are none the less ministers of Baal.

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong fulfilled the role of the end-time Elijah and he was against Baal worship just like the original Elijah was against Baal worship. All these modern-day ministers of Baal and their followers hate Mr. Armstrong because he taught the true way of God.

I can show you why.

Here are the days that Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong taught:

Weekly:
7th Day Sabbath

Annual:
Passover
Days of Unleavened Bread
Pentecost
Feast of Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Feast of Tabernacles
Last Great Day

These days are all listed as you would expect in the Holy Bible. See Leviticus 23.

Here are a few of the days that these minister of Baal keep and teach:

Weekly:
Sunday (pagan)

Annual:
Easter (pagan)
Christmas (pagan)

These days are not designated as days of worship in the Bible and you cannot even find their names except "Easter" which is a mistranslation in Acts 12:4 in the KJV. See the RSV and it is translated correctly as "Passover".

As the original Elijah withstood 450 prophets of Baal when he prayed to God to burn up the sacrifice he had prepared, so Mr. Armstrong has and continues to withstand 1,000's of modern false ministers of Baal.

This nation needs to repent of Baal worship and worship the true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and not this trinity idol and all these days of Baal worship.

God is going to destroy this nation unless we repent!

Wake UP!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-27-2012 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: direct insult/attack on other posters who are not of your belief
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 05:01 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,136,209 times
James 4

Do Not Judge a Brother

11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,[d] who is able to save and to destroy. Who[e] are you to judge another?[f]

--Jesus came to save the world not condemn the world. The point of those verses is for you to stop trying to judge everyone else in how they worship God in your eyes and worry about your own spiritual life, which you clearly need help with yourself. Your constantly on here judging and condemning Christians that they dont love God and are worshiping other Gods. The only way you can be worshiping Baal, Nimrod, Tammuz, or any other of those Gods is to physically call upon there name while worshiping and unless your calling upon Ishtar or Nimrod on Easter and Christmas and making the sacrifices and rituals that they did on those days, YOU ARE NOT worshiping them or any form of there God.

Old 08-27-2012, 05:14 PM

144 posts, read 149,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Britain and America have received the physical blessings promised to Abraham because the white Anglo-Saxon peoples in our countries are the descendants of Ephraim and Manasseh, Joseph's two sons.

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong in his booklet "Which Day Is the Christian Sabbath" asked how have we used this wealth that God has given us.

Here is a quote from the booklet:

"But how have we used this wealth? In BAAL worship--the DAY of Baal the sun-god, called SUNDAY--in Baal’s Christmas, Easter,and other holidays -- in the PAGANIZED so-called Christianity, much of which is the very antithesis of the true religion of JESUS CHRIST!"

From the booklet "Which Day Is the Christian Sabbath", p. 33
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...df/sabbath.pdf

Moderator cut: delete

If you examine Sunday-worship, Christmas and Easter you will find these are pagan days and actual Baal worship.

So, these ministers may use the name of Jesus Christ a lot, but they are none the less ministers of Baal.

Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong fulfilled the role of the end-time Elijah and he was against Baal worship just like the original Elijah was against Baal worship. All these modern-day ministers of Baal and their followers hate Mr. Armstrong because he taught the true way of God.

I can show you why.

Here are the days that Mr. Herbert W. Armstrong taught:

Weekly:
7th Day Sabbath

Annual:
Passover
Days of Unleavened Bread
Pentecost
Feast of Trumpets
Day of Atonement
Feast of Tabernacles
Last Great Day

These days are all listed as you would expect in the Holy Bible. See Leviticus 23.

Here are a few of the days that these minister of Baal keep and teach:

Weekly:
Sunday (pagan)

Annual:
Easter (pagan)
Christmas (pagan)

These days are not designated as days of worship in the Bible and you cannot even find their names except "Easter" which is a mistranslation in Acts 12:4 in the KJV. See the RSV and it is translated correctly as "Passover".

As the original Elijah withstood 450 prophets of Baal when he prayed to God to burn up the sacrifice he had prepared, so Mr. Armstrong has and continues to withstand 1,000's of modern false ministers of Baal.

This nation needs to repent of Baal worship and worship the true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and not this trinity idol and all these days of Baal worship.

God is going to destroy this nation unless we repent!

Wake UP!!!
For the most part you are correct!!! I, how ever, do not agree with Armstrong. I've read quite a few of his books. Just a touch off base. If it's in the TORAH/TANAKH/OLD TESTAMENT then I believe it, if its in the New Testament I believe it. Not a man's interpretation of the Scriptures. Let no man come between you and your El.or Savior. Your right about the Feast Of Yahovah. Also JUDGMENT is coming to the world. I wonder just what folks will say to, YOU HAVE TURNED AWAY FROM YAHOVAH AS A NATION, YOU NO LONGER FOLLOW YESHUA/JESUS IN THE WAY THAT YOU SHOULD???? Has your heart grown cold?? REPENT!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeremiah 10 1-5 tells us not to learn the way of the heathen and say that you are doing it for ME it is an abomination. Ezekial 8 There are a lot of others.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 08-27-2012 at 05:56 PM..

Old 08-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
James 4
Do Not Judge a Brother
11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,[d] who is able to save and to destroy. Who[e] are you to judge another?[f]
--Jesus came to save the world not condemn the world. The point of those verses is for you to stop trying to judge everyone else in how they worship God in your eyes and worry about your own spiritual life, which you clearly need help with yourself. Your constantly on here judging and condemning Christians that they dont love God and are worshiping other Gods. The only way you can be worshiping Baal, Nimrod, Tammuz, or any other of those Gods is to physically call upon there name while worshiping and unless your calling upon Ishtar or Nimrod on Easter and Christmas and making the sacrifices and rituals that they did on those days, YOU ARE NOT worshiping them or any form of there God.
No, these days are not out of the Holy Scriptures but are out of paganism via the Roman Empire and the church of the Beast -- the Roman Empire. You are not worshiping the true God or Jesus Christ. You are worshiping pagan gods and calling them Jesus instead of worshiping the true God on time that God has sanctified as being holy.

God's days come from the scriptures. See Leviticus 23. This nation needs to keep the days of God and not these pagan days.

The two twin sins that caused ancient Israel were Sabbath-breaking and idolatry and this Baal worship and keeping these pagan days are going to send the survivors of the coming nuclear attack and subsequent famine and disease epidemics into captivity and slavery in other nations.

721-718 BC was the time of the House of Israel's defeat and captivity and ours most likely is just a few years away.

Now, is the time to repent and rebuke these false ministers of Baal. Just as the prophets of Baal could not call fire down from God in Elijah's day these modern-day ministers of Baal can't follow the instructions in James 5 and anoint and have God heal the sick members of their flocks. Mr. Armstrong could anoint and if the person had the faith he/she was healed. Mr. Armstrong's prayer as did the original Elijah's prayer reached God and God answered.

Elijah slew 450 prophets of Baal. What should be done to these modern-day ministers of Baal? God will deal with all of them shortly...

Old 08-27-2012, 06:21 PM

63 posts, read 82,780 times
Quote:
The only way you can be worshiping Baal, Nimrod, Tammuz, or any other of those Gods is to physically call upon there name while worshiping and unless your calling upon Ishtar or Nimrod on Easter and Christmas and making the sacrifices and rituals that they did on those days
Just relative to knowledge of what you worship:

Joh_4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

2Ki 17:41 So while these nations feared the LORD, they also served their idols; their children likewise and their grandchildren, as their fathers did, so they do to this day.

The Jews believed that they were worshiping God, yet we read this:

Joh 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

To me, where you spend time or money is what you worship. The hidden things of the heart are in one's checkbook and PIM. You can not worship God and money althought most people try.

To me, there is only one Gospel and one Way - His. All others are false. You can not just have everyone doing what seems right in his own imagination.

Shalom,
Tom

Old 08-28-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
The only way you can be worshiping Baal, Nimrod, Tammuz, or any other of those Gods is to physically call upon there name [emphasis mine (tthttf)] while worshiping...
If you look up the meaning of "Baal" you will find that its English equivalent is "owner, master or lord."

When you call upon the name of the "lord" during your pagan services, you may be thinking you are worshiping the "Lord" but since you are assembled on a day honoring Baal, you are calling upon the pagan "lord" and using Baal's exact name when translated into English.

You may think that your master, owner and lord is Jesus Christ, but assembling on the day of worship of Baal and calling upon his name using the very words that is the English equivalent of his name -- you are actually worshiping Baal.

God makes holy the days you are to worship Him on. These days are sanctified, set apart as holy time. When you call upon God or Christ on these days, you are worshiping the true God and not some pagan god like you are worshiping on their pagan days set aside specifically for the worship of them. The Roman Empire (the Beast) and its church have deceived most of Christianity into worshiping pagan gods in place of the true God, thus breaking the First Commandment.

It is time this nation wakes up to this fact before we are destroyed!

Last edited by tthttf; 08-28-2012 at 05:07 AM..

Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
If you look up the meaning of "Baal" you will find that its English equivalent is "owner, master or lord."

When you call upon the name of the "lord" during your pagan services, you may be thinking you are worshiping the "Lord" but since you are assembled on a day honoring Baal, you are calling upon the pagan "lord" and using Baal's exact name when translated into English.

You may think that your master, owner and lord is Jesus Christ, but assembling on the day of worship of Baal and calling upon his name using the very words that is the English equivalent of his name -- you are actually worshiping Baal.

God makes holy the days you are to worship Him on. These days are sanctified, set apart as holy time. When you call upon God or Christ on these days, you are worshiping the true God and not some pagan god like you are worshiping on their pagan days set aside specifically for the worship of them. The Roman Empire (the Beast) and its church have deceived most of Christianity into worshiping pagan gods in place of the true God, thus breaking the First Commandment.

It is time this nation wakes up to this fact before we are destroyed!
God can be worshipped at any time on any day.

Acts 5:42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Acts 2:46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, 47] praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Herbie was wrong. Stop trying to impose your legalism on others.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
God can be worshipped at any time on any day.

Acts 5:42 And every day, in the temple and from house to house, they kept right on teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.

Acts 2:46 Day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, 47] praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.
Please show me where that is today. Maybe Monasteries? I'm for it, I just do not see it.

Shalom,
Tom

Old 08-28-2012, 09:26 AM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tyson View Post
Please show me where that is today. Maybe Monasteries? I'm for it, I just do not see it.

Shalom,
Tom
Show you where what is? God can be worshiped wherever you are.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Show you where what is?
Daily assemblies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity