Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 09:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Lord help me to keep your Sabbath holy.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 04:22 PM

173 posts, read 135,290 times
LORD thank You for this present dispensation of Grace as Jesus taught to THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES, PAUL. Please forgive those who have not accepted Your current program as You have given to this present age through Paul's writings.

In Jesus name, AMEN

Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 2,995 times
no word tickle me more these days then the concept of the "spiritual Israel". since you read the bible so well, you should know then that That God Scattered the BLACK Hebrew Israelites across the Planet and and Cause them to lose there identity As part of the Curses as listed in Deuteronomy. Soon He will but them Back Into the promise land. I still trying to find out where in the bible did it include anyone else other then the House Of Israel. The inhabitant of the new Jerusalem will be a Physical Israel not a spiritual one . Christian Doctrine Is very entertaining stuff. I love visiting these forums. it make me see how deceitful Satan is. I glad at least some of you smart enough to REMEMBER that Sabbath keeping is Yah's law. It shows Yah that you acknowledge that you are his Child and HE is our Father and the creator of the Heavens and Earth. ... 'But the Sabbath is the Sabbath of Your God, Yahweh!!' seriously doubters, how does it get any clearer than that?

Old 09-01-2012, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 2,995 times
if you use the Words "Christ" Or "Jesus" your arguments lose credibility. how are you call be saved call believing in the name of Jesus when the Messiah that was crucified didn't even call himself that. He did have a Hebrew name. which Means salvation of 'I Am" , which Jesus don't translate too In fact, the Word Jesus Don't translate to anything. it has no meaning. It's a Gecko-Roman Hybrid word that's not even 500 years old. So even thought some of you put forth eloquent argument on this message board. they are without Merit. And BTW, "Christ, Lord, and God" are not names. thery're titles. Lord Is the name giving to Baal.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:11 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,134,447 times
Oh great....another member of the Hebrew Roosts/Sacred name movement. While you are correct that Gods name is YAH and Jesus is Yeshua/Yahsuah or how ever you want to use it, but Jesus is a transliteration of Yahshua from Greek to Latin to English, and while the letter J wasnt out til 1638 Iesus was his name until I replaced the letter J, but it is still the same person. So there is no evil conspiracy behind the name of Jesus. God (YAH) searches our hearts and isnot uptight about how his name is mentioned in Hebrew/English. And obcourse his name doesnt mean anything in Hebrew, because Jesus is a english name, just like a Greek name would probably mean nothing in english and vise versa. You can call someone by there name all day and still disrespect them, so its the actions of the heart that matter the most.

You can keep the law all day long, but if you dont have faith and trust in Christ it means nothing.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:33 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
LORD thank You for this present dispensation of Grace as Jesus taught to THE APOSTLE TO THE GENTILES, PAUL. Please forgive those who have not accepted Your current program as You have given to this present age through Paul's writings.

In Jesus name, AMEN
Please do not make light of others' sincere yearning to completely submit to God.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8. His law stands, and Paul does not dispute that.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Please do not make light of others' sincere yearning to completely submit to God.

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever." Hebrews 13:8. His law stands, and Paul does not dispute that.
Not making light of anyone who is submitting to God. And no one has said Jesus changed.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:43 AM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,546 times
Quote:

Yet no one can possibly argue that God's dealings with humans have never changed. So is this verse really talking about man's requirements at any given time in history, or rather the character of God?

---------
Also, SAAN - completely agree!

Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Yet no one can possibly argue that God's dealings with humans have never changed. So is this verse really talking about man's requirements at any given time in history, or rather the character of God?

---------
Also, SAAN - completely agree!
Yes God's dealings with humans has changed. God added the Law for the nation of Israel. That was a change. God put Adam and Eve out of the garden. That was a change. God gave man and animals only herbs and vegetables to eat until after the flood when God changed it and gave all living creatures for food for man. Oh and the flood was a change in how God dealt with humans I would think. He killed off 99.999% of us. That was a big change. Gentiles were separated from Israel and considered unclean until God changed how He dealt with humans and made us all the same in the church. In fact the church was a change from the law. So yes God has changed how He deals with humans many times. Would you not agree?

Old 09-03-2012, 04:27 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,458,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
Yes God's dealings with humans has changed. God added the Law for the nation of Israel. That was a change. God put Adam and Eve out of the garden. That was a change. God gave man and animals only herbs and vegetables to eat until after the flood when God changed it and gave all living creatures for food for man. Oh and the flood was a change in how God dealt with humans I would think. He killed off 99.999% of us. That was a big change. Gentiles were separated from Israel and considered unclean until God changed how He dealt with humans and made us all the same in the church. In fact the church was a change from the law. So yes God has changed how He deals with humans many times. Would you not agree?
I think you misread what I said - I agree with you =)
Of course God has changed in his dealings w/ humanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity