U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,283,558 times

Advertisements

Those saying tongues is the baptism of repentance-------Romans 11:29.

Those saying grace is not conditional-------Romans 6:1.

Those saying you can edit the bible and have edited bibles----Revelation 22:18-19.

Those saying Jesus is the Son of God only------John 8:24.

Those saying a woman can do whatever she want in church----1 Corinthians 14:34-35.

Those saying you can have whatever kind of wedding you want----1 Peter 3:3.

Those saying they heard God with an inner voice only----Romans 11:29.

Those saying everyday is Sabbath day-----Hebrews 4.

Those saying Christianity is all common sense only----John 5:39.

Those saying water baptism is ceremonial only----John 3:5.

Those saying Christians don't need correction by man----James 5:20.

Those saying they can make themselves a bishop in office----Romans 13:1.

Those saying they can marry anybody they want----Romans 7:2-3.

Those saying all the bible is not the sure word of God-----2 Timothy 3:16.

Those saying they can have anybody for a pastor they want-----Matthew 15:14.

Those saying Christianity is legalism with the 2 greatest commandments only----Matthew 5:17-20.

Those saying the body of Christ can be divided with minor theology differences that Christians
have-----Ephesians 4:5.

Those saying God speaks to some Christians differently then other Christians----2 Peter 1:20-21.

Those saying it's none of their business to know the brethren in Christ----1 Thessalonians 5:12.

Those saying they got enough of God in the 10 commandments----Matthew 5:17-20.

Those saying Christians are simply good people only-----John 8:31.

Those saying that studying is optional and not your heart with God-----Romans 10:2-3.

Those saying that studying won't do anything for them-----2 Timothy 2:15.

Again the goal is unite with 100% bible believers----Psalms 133:1.

Winning arguments and having a doctrine of my own is not my style----Acts 17:28.

Never my intention to educate an ignorant mind only.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM

6,884 posts, read 5,330,440 times
We all reject the Holy Spirit every single day of our lives.
When we choose the path of non-love over the path of love, in any given situation... any given moment.

The Holy Spirit's job is to direct us towards the path of love.
period.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:42 PM

9,284 posts, read 10,202,486 times
Romans 6:1...What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post

Those saying grace is not conditional-------Romans 6:1.

There is no such thing as conditional grace.

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
But maybe you have a different take on what is a free gift, that is not based on something we do to earn it.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:50 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,092,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post

Those saying you can edit the bible and have edited bibles----Revelation 22:18-19. That verse is referring to the book of Revelation.

Those saying Jesus is the Son of God only------John 8:24. Not a good verse to use.... 24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. 25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning. 26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. 27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Those saying water baptism is ceremonial only----John 3:5. thief on the cross
Just a few corrections...

Old 08-29-2012, 04:30 AM

34,610 posts, read 22,832,950 times
Those who have lists upon lists of you should be doing this and you should not being doing that. You have rejected the Holy Ghost Tonyx3 for the traditions and doctrines of men.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 AM

25,572 posts, read 14,314,528 times
<<<Those saying a woman can do whatever she want in church----1 Corinthians 14:34-35.>>>
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 1st Corinth 10:23- we live under grace- The Holy Spirit will lead us in the way we should go... Something writen for for a purpose of that particular time and place. As in-- 1st Corith 11;14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? or the other way about women cutting their hair etc. I know His voice and when I disobey Him I know that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or