Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-13-2012, 11:45 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,911,812 times
Reputation: 336

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wrong!

Christ was in the midst of the Pharisees.

Luk 17: [RSV]
21 nor will they say, 'Lo, here it is!' or 'There!' for behold, the kingdom of God is in the midst of you."

Mr. Armstrong explains it in his booklet concerning the Kingdom of God.

Title: Just What Do You Mean...Kingdom of God?
Author: Herbert W Armstrong
Date: 1962, 1972
Type: Booklet
Type Media: PDF
http://www.cog-web-svc.com/hwa/books...df/kingdom.pdf
Mr. Armstrong is dead and buried, my friend...there is little to no value in following the dead.

If you look more closely at the Greek word being used in Luke 17:21: ἐντός, its meaning is "within", or "inside". Exactly how it's being translated in the KJV.

Modern translators really do not like that translation, however, so they changed it to "midst", in more modern versions, to agree with their own bias and theology. Modern translators simply do not want to believe what that text actually says. Namely, that: the kingdom of God is within you. So, they do what they must do. Change the translation of the text.

There IS a Greek word that IS properly translated as "midst". That Greek word is μέσος, and means: in in the "midst" of, or in the "middle" of. Here are examples of where that word is found:

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them,

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them.

And here, used by by Luke, in the same chapter under discussion:

Luk 17:11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst (Greek:μεσου) of Samaria and Galilee.

However, this IS NOT the word that Luke used a few verses later in verse 21. Luke used εντος. There is only one other place in the NT (that I'm aware of) where this particular word is used. It's found here:

Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within (Greek: εντος) the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

If you'll notice, Jesus is contrasting the words "within" and "outside". Clearly the word εντος means "within" the cup, as opposed to being outside the cup.

And, there is simply no reason to change the translation of that word in Luke 17:21 to mean "midst", rather than "within", in order to fit a particular dogma or doctrine that you hold to.

You, as well as Armstrong, are simply wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-14-2012, 05:08 PM
 
63,224 posts, read 39,486,349 times
Reputation: 7740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Mr. Armstrong is dead and buried, my friend...there is little to no value in following the dead.

If you look more closely at the Greek word being used in Luke 17:21: ἐντός, its meaning is "within", or "inside". Exactly how it's being translated in the KJV.

Modern translators really do not like that translation, however, so they changed it to "midst", in more modern versions, to agree with their own bias and theology. Modern translators simply do not want to believe what that text actually says. Namely, that: the kingdom of God is within you. So, they do what they must do. Change the translation of the text.

There IS a Greek word that IS properly translated as "midst". That Greek word is μέσος, and means: in in the "midst" of, or in the "middle" of. Here are examples of where that word is found:

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them,

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them.

And here, used by by Luke, in the same chapter under discussion:

Luk 17:11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst (Greek:μεσου) of Samaria and Galilee.

However, this IS NOT the word that Luke used a few verses later in verse 21. Luke used εντος. There is only one other place in the NT (that I'm aware of) where this particular word is used. It's found here:

Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within (Greek: εντος) the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

If you'll notice, Jesus is contrasting the words "within" and "outside". Clearly the word εντος means "within" the cup, as opposed to being outside the cup.

And, there is simply no reason to change the translation of that word in Luke 17:21 to mean "midst", rather than "within", in order to fit a particular dogma or doctrine that you hold to.

You, as well as Armstrong, are simply wrong.
Excellent study and witness, Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-14-2012, 05:15 PM
 
Location: New England
37,336 posts, read 27,947,835 times
Reputation: 2740
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Mr. Armstrong is dead and buried, my friend...there is little to no value in following the dead.

If you look more closely at the Greek word being used in Luke 17:21: ἐντός, its meaning is "within", or "inside". Exactly how it's being translated in the KJV.

Modern translators really do not like that translation, however, so they changed it to "midst", in more modern versions, to agree with their own bias and theology. Modern translators simply do not want to believe what that text actually says. Namely, that: the kingdom of God is within you. So, they do what they must do. Change the translation of the text.

There IS a Greek word that IS properly translated as "midst". That Greek word is μέσος, and means: in in the "midst" of, or in the "middle" of. Here are examples of where that word is found:

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them,

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them.

And here, used by by Luke, in the same chapter under discussion:

Luk 17:11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst (Greek:μεσου) of Samaria and Galilee.

However, this IS NOT the word that Luke used a few verses later in verse 21. Luke used εντος. There is only one other place in the NT (that I'm aware of) where this particular word is used. It's found here:

Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within (Greek: εντος) the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

If you'll notice, Jesus is contrasting the words "within" and "outside". Clearly the word εντος means "within" the cup, as opposed to being outside the cup.

And, there is simply no reason to change the translation of that word in Luke 17:21 to mean "midst", rather than "within", in order to fit a particular dogma or doctrine that you hold to.

You, as well as Armstrong, are simply wrong.
Yes excellent post Stormin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 04:18 AM
 
Location: Arizona
28,956 posts, read 16,085,207 times
Reputation: 2294
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Excellent study and witness, Alabama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yes excellent post Stormin.
Neither shall they say: "See here! or, see there!"
For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 08:50 AM
 
4,683 posts, read 6,057,424 times
Reputation: 3984
Galatians 5:19-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.


1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.


Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.


Colossians 3:5-9
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,


Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.


Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”


So....Over 10 days and 100 comments later and all the verses I listed, and still no one can prove a verse from the New Testament without taking one out of context that shows not keeping a Saturday sabbath will keep you out of heaven. It is pretty clear that not keeping a 7th day sabbath isnt listed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 06:40 PM
 
951 posts, read 1,042,856 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Mr. Armstrong is dead and buried, my friend...there is little to no value in following the dead.

If you look more closely at the Greek word being used in Luke 17:21: ἐντός, its meaning is "within", or "inside". Exactly how it's being translated in the KJV.

Modern translators really do not like that translation, however, so they changed it to "midst", in more modern versions, to agree with their own bias and theology. Modern translators simply do not want to believe what that text actually says. Namely, that: the kingdom of God is within you. So, they do what they must do. Change the translation of the text.

There IS a Greek word that IS properly translated as "midst". That Greek word is μέσος, and means: in in the "midst" of, or in the "middle" of. Here are examples of where that word is found:

Mat 18:2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them,

Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst (Greek: μεσω) of them.

And here, used by by Luke, in the same chapter under discussion:

Luk 17:11 And it came to pass, as he went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst (Greek:μεσου) of Samaria and Galilee.

However, this IS NOT the word that Luke used a few verses later in verse 21. Luke used εντος. There is only one other place in the NT (that I'm aware of) where this particular word is used. It's found here:

Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within (Greek: εντος) the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

If you'll notice, Jesus is contrasting the words "within" and "outside". Clearly the word εντος means "within" the cup, as opposed to being outside the cup.

And, there is simply no reason to change the translation of that word in Luke 17:21 to mean "midst", rather than "within", in order to fit a particular dogma or doctrine that you hold to.

You, as well as Armstrong, are simply wrong.
Wrong!

John 7:
1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.


1 John 3:
15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 07:08 PM
 
951 posts, read 1,042,856 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Galatians 5:19-21
New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery,[a] fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders,[b] drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.


1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.


Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know,[a] that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.


Colossians 3:5-9
5 Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience, 7 in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them.
8 But now you yourselves are to put off all these: anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy language out of your mouth. 9 Do not lie to one another, since you have put off the old man with his deeds,


Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.


Revelation 21:8
8 But the cowardly, unbelieving,[a] abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”


So....Over 10 days and 100 comments later and all the verses I listed, and still no one can prove a verse from the New Testament without taking one out of context that shows not keeping a Saturday sabbath will keep you out of heaven. It is pretty clear that not keeping a 7th day sabbath isnt listed!
Wrong!

1 Cor 6:
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Psa 119:
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Luke 23:
54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.


Jude 1: [KJV]
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude 1: [ERV]
4 Some people have secretly entered your group. These people have already been judged guilty for what they are doing. Long ago the prophets wrote about them. They are against God. They have used the grace of our God in the wrong way--to do sinful things. They refuse to follow Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord.

You are teaching lawlessness (Jude 4). The Sabbath is one of the Commandments of God. All God's Commandments are righteousness as the scripture (Psalm 119) point out.

Stop leading people astray and practice righteousness!

Exo 20:
6 And [God] shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Rom 8: [KJV]
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8: [ISV]
7 That is why the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile toward God. For it refuses to submit to the authority of God's law because it is powerless to do so.

Wake Up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,261 posts, read 7,605,477 times
Reputation: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wrong!

1 Cor 6:
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Psa 119:
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Luke 23:
54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Jude 1: [KJV]
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude 1: [ERV]
4 Some people have secretly entered your group. These people have already been judged guilty for what they are doing. Long ago the prophets wrote about them. They are against God. They have used the grace of our God in the wrong way--to do sinful things. They refuse to follow Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord.

You are teaching lawlessness (Jude 4). The Sabbath is one of the Commandments of God. All God's Commandments are righteousness as the scripture (Psalm 119) point out.

Stop leading people astray and practice righteousness!

Exo 20:
6 And [God] shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Rom 8: [KJV]
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8: [ISV]
7 That is why the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile toward God. For it refuses to submit to the authority of God's law because it is powerless to do so.

Wake Up!
Amen tthttf ... this is truth.

God Bless you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 PM
 
4,683 posts, read 6,057,424 times
Reputation: 3984
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Wrong!

1 Cor 6:
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God?

Psa 119:
172 My tongue shall speak of thy word: for all thy commandments are righteousness.

Luke 23:
54 And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.
55 And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.


Jude 1: [KJV]
4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jude 1: [ERV]
4 Some people have secretly entered your group. These people have already been judged guilty for what they are doing. Long ago the prophets wrote about them. They are against God. They have used the grace of our God in the wrong way--to do sinful things. They refuse to follow Jesus Christ, our only Master and Lord.

You are teaching lawlessness (Jude 4). The Sabbath is one of the Commandments of God. All God's Commandments are righteousness as the scripture (Psalm 119) point out.

Stop leading people astray and practice righteousness!

Exo 20:
6 And [God] shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Rom 8: [KJV]
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8: [ISV]
7 That is why the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile toward God. For it refuses to submit to the authority of God's law because it is powerless to do so.

Wake Up!

How about you look at 1 Cor 6 in in complete context. The chapter starts out mainly talking about lawsuits among unbelievers. Verses 7 & 8 lead into verse 9....finish the entire verse and stop trying to make it back your usual condemnation.

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.


In Luke 23 Christ has not risen form the grave yet, so the OT law was still in effect, so Luke was simply stating what happened at the time.

Hebrews 9:15

New King James Version (NKJV)

15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.


This verse confirms that he had to die and raise again in order for the New Covenant to begin




Jude is talking about Faith and the ungodly people and lewd behavior...going to church on a Sunday isnt a lewd behavior.




And once again I HAVE NEVER taught anyone that they must ignore the 4th commandment, i have simply stated many times over and over it is not wrong to worship God on a Sunday as you repeatedly state it is Baal worship. Ive say over and over if you want to rest and observe a Saturday sabbath go right ahead, but Romans 14 clearly states we show not be judging each other over days which is all you do.



Romans 14:5-13

New King James Version (NKJV)

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:
As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.




I will continue to post this verse until it gets through your judgmental condemning mind.

James 4

New King James Version (NKJV)


Do Not Judge a Brother11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,[d] who is able to save and to destroy. Who[e] are you to judge another?[f]


This pretty much proves with all your judging and condemning, you are breaking the law yourself



You and your buddy that agrees with everything you say dont realize that James is referring to the entire Mosaic law in this verse, when you quote it all the time trying to justify the observance of the 10 commandments will get you into heaven and the bible says many times no one will be justified with there observance of the law. Both of you will be judged according to the entire law since that is pretty much what you preach when you say not keeping the 7th day sabbath will equal your doom.



James 2:10

New King James Version (NKJV)

10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Here is law in a concordance.


Strong's G3551 - nomos
1) anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command
a) of any law whatsoever
1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God
a) by the observance of which is approved of God
2) a precept or injunction
3) the rule of action prescribed by reason
b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents





Jesus left some pretty simple commands, and he defines exactly what the commands are below.

1 John 3:23-24

New King James Version (NKJV)

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[a] commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.


Verse 24 plainly says to keep the commandment of verse 23. I can guarantee if you stood before Jesus today he would say you are guilty of not loving one another and that you follow H Armstrong more than you do Christ. I really pray you will WAKE UP and show more love...I dont see much love of Jesus in you with most of the post you create. You need to focus on unbelivers who dont know Jesus rather than condemming the ones that do know him because they dont worship exactly the same manner as you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 PM
 
951 posts, read 1,042,856 times
Reputation: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
How about you look at 1 Cor 6 in in complete context. The chapter starts out mainly talking about lawsuits among unbelievers. Verses 7 & 8 lead into verse 9....finish the entire verse and stop trying to make it back your usual condemnation.

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals,[a] nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.


In Luke 23 Christ has not risen form the grave yet, so the OT law was still in effect, so Luke was simply stating what happened at the time.

Hebrews 9:15

New King James Version (NKJV)

15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.


This verse confirms that he had to die and raise again in order for the New Covenant to begin




Jude is talking about Faith and the ungodly people and lewd behavior...going to church on a Sunday isnt a lewd behavior.




And once again I HAVE NEVER taught anyone that they must ignore the 4th commandment, i have simply stated many times over and over it is not wrong to worship God on a Sunday as you repeatedly state it is Baal worship. Ive say over and over if you want to rest and observe a Saturday sabbath go right ahead, but Romans 14 clearly states we show not be judging each other over days which is all you do.



Romans 14:5-13

New King James Version (NKJV)

5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord;[a] and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose[b] and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.[c] 11 For it is written:
As I live, says the Lord,
Every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall confess to God.”[d]

12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God. 13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather resolve this, not to put a stumbling block or a cause to fall in our brother’s way.




I will continue to post this verse until it gets through your judgmental condemning mind.

James 4

New King James Version (NKJV)


Do Not Judge a Brother11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver,[d] who is able to save and to destroy. Who[e] are you to judge another?[f]


This pretty much proves with all your judging and condemning, you are breaking the law yourself



You and your buddy that agrees with everything you say dont realize that James is referring to the entire Mosaic law in this verse, when you quote it all the time trying to justify the observance of the 10 commandments will get you into heaven and the bible says many times no one will be justified with there observance of the law. Both of you will be judged according to the entire law since that is pretty much what you preach when you say not keeping the 7th day sabbath will equal your doom.



James 2:10

New King James Version (NKJV)

10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Here is law in a concordance.


Strong's G3551 - nomos
1) anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command
a) of any law whatsoever
1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God
a) by the observance of which is approved of God
2) a precept or injunction
3) the rule of action prescribed by reason
b) of the Mosaic law, and referring, acc. to the context. either to the volume of the law or to its contents





Jesus left some pretty simple commands, and he defines exactly what the commands are below.

1 John 3:23-24

New King James Version (NKJV)

23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us[a] commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.


Verse 24 plainly says to keep the commandment of verse 23. I can guarantee if you stood before Jesus today he would say you are guilty of not loving one another and that you follow H Armstrong more than you do Christ. I really pray you will WAKE UP and show more love...I dont see much love of Jesus in you with most of the post you create. You need to focus on unbelivers who dont know Jesus rather than condemming the ones that do know him because they dont worship exactly the same manner as you do.
Nothing you have given changes the fact that you are preaching against God's Commandments. Luke wrote decades after the Crucifixion and Resurrection, and was inspired by the Holy Spirit to call the Sabbath a Commandment and Psalms 119 says all God's Commandments are righteousness. You are preaching unrighteousness and trying to make people accept it as righteousness. You can't get away with it no matter how hard you try. God's Word will expose your sin!

And you are participating in Baal/Sun worship when you refuse to honor God on His Sabbath and chose these pagan days instead. You can call upon Christ all you want, like the prophets of Baal called on Baal and he didn't answer them. Your christ doesn't seem to answer your churches with divine healing (James 5), now does he?

And you are guilty of Jude 4. You are lawless and preaching it. I am showing love to those who would be deceived by your lies by exposing them and telling the Truth. If you think I am not showing love toward you, then when you repent maybe you will have a different attitude.

Here is the Truth:

4th Commandment of God:

Exodus 20:
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Definition of a saint:

Revelation 14:
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Saints keep the commandments of God.
You do not keep the commandments of God.
You preach against keeping the commandments of God.
Therefore you are not a saint by the definition in the Word of God.

So, repent!

Put away your lawless attitude. It is wrong!

Last edited by tthttf; 09-15-2012 at 11:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top