Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:22 PM

173 posts, read 135,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
Paul kept Pentecost:

Acts 20:16 For Paul had decided to sail past Ephesus, so that he might not have to spend time in Asia; for he was hastening to be at Jerusalem, if possible, on the day of Pentecost.

1 Cor 16:8 But I will stay in Ephesus until Pentecost,

And so are true Christians today.
Where does it say Paul "kept Pentecost"? It only said he wanted to arrive in Jerusalem on that day. Could it be to witness to the mass of Jews who would be there on that one day so they could hear the Gospel and how the law had been set aside and all people are now together in Christ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 PM

173 posts, read 135,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
It is obvious you do not understand what the phrase "not under the law" means. It is in no way meaning a licence to sin.

ROM 3:7-8 "For if the truth of God has more abounded through my lie [what you and others consider a lie] unto His glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just."

You sir do not know it but you slander those who preach Grace and think that we are saying one can do evil and get away with it. Those statements of "not under law" and "Grace" is just too much for you to understand and so you resort to slander, false judgements and condemnation of those who by the Spirit are saved, not the law. Truly, truly if there had been a law given that could save one then it would not been needed for Christ to crusified and ressurrected.
You must be letting the Holy Spirit guide you in this post. Preach it! Fact's is Fact's! Tell the sinner what their sin is so they can repent of it and come to Christ.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:20 PM

951 posts, read 1,056,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
It is obvious you do not understand what the phrase "not under the law" means. It is in no way meaning a licence to sin.

ROM 3:7-8 "For if the truth of God has more abounded through my lie [what you and others consider a lie] unto His glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just."

You sir do not know it but you slander those who preach Grace and think that we are saying one can do evil and get away with it. Those statements of "not under law" and "Grace" is just too much for you to understand and so you resort to slander, false judgements and condemnation of those who by the Spirit are saved, not the law. Truly, truly if there had been a law given that could save one then it would not been needed for Christ to crusified and ressurrected.
You must have and be led by God's Holy Spirit (Romans 8) and let Christ live His life in you (Gal 2:20) to obey God and keep the Spiritual Law to not be under its penalty. God's grace applies to the previous sins you have committed and you must by the Power of God's Holy Spirit not sin anymore. If you kept God's Holy Days you would understand this because keeping the Commandments is part of the lesson learned during the Days of Unleavened Bread and the following Holy Day Pentecost pictures the pouring out of the Holy Spirit. I don't think the pagan Christmas or the pagan Easter will teach you these spiritual lessons, do you?

Romans 6:
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 2:
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Christ's shed blood reconciles us to God and all of our sins are forgiven. But from that point on we must use the Power of God's Holy Spirit to not sin and as Paul said above -- God forbid, that we should continue in sin.

You preach lawlessness! You are telling people to go ahead and sin all they want because you claim your christ did away with the Spiritual Law and you can do as you please as long as you have faith in your christ to pull off this evil lawless act.

That is gross error! You are leading people to destruction teaching that heresy!

Look what Christ says in the very last chapter of the very last book in the New Testament. Does He praise the one's who quit trying to keep God's Commandments since the Law was done away and does He condemn all this righteous Pharisee types for trying to keep the Commandments of God? No.

Revelation 22:
13 I [Christ] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments [God the Father's Commandments], that they may have right to the tree of life [this supports Christ's words in Matthew 19 where He told the young man that he must keep the Commandments to have eternal life], and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie [the ones who are breaking God's Commandments].
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches...

Now, Wake Up!

Old 09-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK4J View Post
Where does it say Paul "kept Pentecost"? It only said he wanted to arrive in Jerusalem on that day. Could it be to witness to the mass of Jews who would be there on that one day so they could hear the Gospel and how the law had been set aside and all people are now together in Christ?
One thing is for sure. Paul did not keep the wicked pagan Baal worship known as Christmas or the pagan Easter which is the actual name of a pagan goddess. At least we have no record of it and since Paul claimed he was innocent of all the charges the Jews had tried to bring against him, one can assume he was doing the right thing in accordance with the Scriptures.

Paul kept the Commandments (I Corinthians 7:19) and we have record in Acts and/or his epistles that Paul kept the weekly Sabbaths and as I have show with Pentecost that he also kept the annual Holy Days. There are even secular sources that show that those who were with the early apostle(s) (John, I know is one of the apostles referred to.) kept the Passover/Days of Unleaved Bread.

One day all these modern Christians are going to regret they ever kept these pagan days...

Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM

42 posts, read 46,692 times
For God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son..that whosoever believeth on him Should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

If you believe in him...that is all that it takes..a confession of sin as man and following Christ as a believer. Repenting when you acknowledge you have done wrong and turn aside from sin.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:38 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,630,786 times
Legalists like to use Romans 2:13 as a proof text that you must keep the law in order to be saved.

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

But they ignore what Paul then goes on to say in Romans 3:20. 'because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.'

Romans 3:20 is the opposite of what Paul said in Romans 2:13. But Paul did not contradict himself. What Paul is doing in Romans is showing that the whole world is guilty before God and that justification is apart from the law and through faith in Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:13 is merely hypothetical. C. I. Scofield put it like this. '3(2:7) In vv. 7 and 13 the cases are hypothetical. Paul is not teaching the possibility of salvation by works but is, rather, showing why all men without exception are lost. As he later states, no man has continued in well doing, nor is he a doer of the law (cp. 3:19-20). The means of justification for sinners, entirely by faith in Christ, is set forth in 3:21-8:39.' [New Scofield Reference Edition, 1967, p. 1212-1213.]

In Romans 3:22 Paul states that justification comes through faith in Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22] even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Old 09-06-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Legalists like to use Romans 2:13 as a proof text that you must keep the law in order to be saved.

Romans 2:13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

But they ignore what Paul then goes on to say in Romans 3:20. 'because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin.'

Romans 3:20 is the opposite of what Paul said in Romans 2:13. But Paul did not contradict himself. What Paul is doing in Romans is showing that the whole world is guilty before God and that justification is apart from the law and through faith in Jesus Christ.

Romans 2:13 is merely hypothetical. C. I. Scofield put it like this. '3(2:7) In vv. 7 and 13 the cases are hypothetical. Paul is not teaching the possibility of salvation by works but is, rather, showing why all men without exception are lost. As he later states, no man has continued in well doing, nor is he a doer of the law (cp. 3:19-20). The means of justification for sinners, entirely by faith in Christ, is set forth in 3:21-8:39.' [New Scofield Reference Edition, 1967, p. 1212-1213.]

In Romans 3:22 Paul states that justification comes through faith in Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22] even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;
No, you keep forgetting that when a true Christian receives God's Holy Spirit, he/she then has the Power to not to continue in sin. I could go through an explanation (again?) but....

Old 09-06-2012, 09:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,039,206 times
A carnal mind which cannot be subject to the law of God.

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 1 Corinthians 15:50

Old 09-06-2012, 10:24 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,630,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
No, you keep forgetting that when a true Christian receives God's Holy Spirit, he/she then has the Power to not to continue in sin. I could go through an explanation (again?) but....
You're saying 'no' to what Paul said. I showed Scripture, and you're saying 'no' to it.

I am not forgetting anything. The believer retains his old sin nature after salvation and is going to sin. That is why God made the provision of 1 John 1:9. Eternal salvation is not dependent upon not sinning. Sin in the believer's life results in divine discipline in time. It does not result in loss of eternal salvation.

Last edited by Michael Way; 09-06-2012 at 10:35 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You're saying 'no' to what Paul said. I showed Scripture, and you're saying 'no' to it.
I am not forgetting anything. The believer retains his old sin nature after salvation and is going to sin. That is why God made the provision of 1 John 1:9. Eternal salvation is not dependent upon not sinning. Sin in the believer's life results in divine discipline in time. It does not result in loss of eternal salvation.
As I said:

You must have and be led by God's Holy Spirit (Romans 8) and let Christ live His life in you (Gal 2:20) to obey God and keep the Spiritual Law to not be under its penalty. God's grace applies to the previous sins you have committed and you must by the Power of God's Holy Spirit not sin anymore. If you kept God's Holy Days you would understand this because keeping the Commandments is part of the lesson learned during the Days of Unleavened Bread and the following Holy Day Pentecost pictures the pouring out of the Holy Spirit. I don't think the pagan Christmas or the pagan Easter will teach you these spiritual lessons, do you?

Romans 6:
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 2:
13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

You must obey God! You cannot get around it so that you can participate in your pagan Baal worship which really shows that God is not in your church to allow such a satanic activity. Think about it

Now, Christ's shed blood reconciles us to God and all of our sins are forgiven. But from that point on we must use the Power of God's Holy Spirit to not sin and as Paul said above -- God forbid, that we should continue in sin. You have no answer for this! None! Romans 6:1-2 hits you right between the eyes and you can't get around it. You must quit sinning! You must obey God's 4th Commandment! There is no dodging the issue! You must obey or you will be thrown into the lake of fire in the very end! No Baal worshiper will be in God's Kingdom! You must repent and obey God!

You cannot stagnate either. You must grow in spiritual character as the parable of talents and pounds point out! How can you grow in character when you are sinning against God? How?

Again, look what Christ says in Matt 19 and He follows His words up in the very last chapter of the very last book in the New Testament. In Revelation 22, does He praise the one's who quit trying to keep God's Commandments since the Law was done away and does He condemn all this righteous Pharisee types for trying to keep the Commandments of God? No.

Matthew 19:
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Notice how Christ's words fit in perfectly with His words at the very end of the Holy Scriptures! You can't get around it! No scripture twisting via Paul's writings here! Just straight talk from the Savior Himself! You cannot deny it!

Revelation 22:
13 I [Christ] am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments [God the Father's Commandments], that they may have right to the tree of life [this supports Christ's words in Matthew 19 where He told the young man that he must keep the Commandments to have eternal life], and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie [the ones who are breaking God's Commandments].
16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches...

You keep ignoring the words of Jesus Christ and trying to slip a twist of Paul scriptures in and worshiping Paul instead of God and Christ to justify your pagan Baal worshiping days instead of the Holy Sabbaths of God that are written down in the Holy Scriptures for all to read and obey!

Now, Wake Up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity