U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:34 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,493,067 times

Advertisements

As most of you know my kids attend Catholic school. My 5 year old just started this year in kindergarten. My oldest didn't start until 1st grade because way back then (6 years ago) kindergarten was only half day and I wanted full day so he continued at Montessori through kindergarten. So other than my own experience (which my memory of is fuzzy at best) I don't have any Catholic kindergarten experience...all new for me.

Well it is totally cracking me up to have my little guy come home every day and explain what he learned.

For example:

In IKEA they have these little posable statues of people that he picked up while we were there. He was carrying it through the store and posing it while announcing the stations of the cross, very loudly! "This is Jesus when he was draggin the cross"..."This was Jesus when he was up on the cross."...."This is what Jesus looked like when they took him down, 'cept for the blood of course". "It's too bad Jesus died because I think he was really cool and would be a good friend to have."

The other day: "Mommy guess what I did today?" "I said 10 whole Hail Mary's...yup 10 of them...we learned the rosary!"

And today: "We has a feast for St. Francis...and they had an animal person come from the zoo today!" "We saw real animals." "Did you know St. Francis loved animals?" "I bet he had a Chinchilla as a pet." "Can we get a Chinchilla as a pet too?" "I think St. Francis would want us to."

He is totally cracking me up with all his new "knowledge"...LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM

3,994 posts, read 6,555,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
As most of you know my kids attend Catholic school. My 5 year old just started this year in kindergarten. My oldest didn't start until 1st grade because way back then (6 years ago) kindergarten was only half day and I wanted full day so he continued at Montessori through kindergarten. So other than my own experience (which my memory of is fuzzy at best) I don't have any Catholic kindergarten experience...all new for me.

Well it is totally cracking me up to have my little guy come home every day and explain what he learned.

For example:

In IKEA they have these little posable statues of people that he picked up while we were there. He was carrying it through the store and posing it while announcing the stations of the cross, very loudly! "This is Jesus when he was draggin the cross"..."This was Jesus when he was up on the cross."...."This is what Jesus looked like when they took him down, 'cept for the blood of course". "It's too bad Jesus died because I think he was really cool and would be a good friend to have."

The other day: "Mommy guess what I did today?" "I said 10 whole Hail Mary's...yup 10 of them...we learned the rosary!"

And today: "We has a feast for St. Francis...and they had an animal person come from the zoo today!" "We saw real animals." "Did you know St. Francis loved animals?" "I bet he had a Chinchilla as a pet." "Can we get a Chinchilla as a pet too?" "I think St. Francis would want us to."

He is totally cracking me up with all his new "knowledge"...LOL

Wow.
Sounds like he has some great teachers.

Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,493,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Wow.
Sounds like he has some great teachers.
He really does. I'm extremely happy with this new school. He is also of course learning letters, numbers,writing, reading and math. But the best thing they have taught him is to BEHAVE IN CHURCH!!! The difference in just 7 weeks is AMAZING!!! It's so good to be able to actually listen to the sermon instead of concentrating the evil eye on him the whole time!

Old 10-02-2010, 12:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,366 times
My name is Christolenchy Labady I came from Haiti I have 5 years, When I was in my country I frequently a catholic school kindergaten, but now I live in united states I need to find a high school catholic, I'm realy happy if you help me to find it. thank you and I hope you help me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity