Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 11:00 AM

952 posts, read 324,108 times

Advertisements

Fascinating to me that when you go into any public venue you can see all those around you rich , poor , old , young absolutely consumed with the image being held in their hands .
How prophetic that the bible was able to prophesize thousands of years ahead of time a day when all people
on the face of the earth can look at the same " image " :
" ..and cause that as many, as would not worship the image of the beast
should be killed ." ( Revelation 13:15 ) .
And the prophesy goes even deeper in nailing it down since not only can the " image " be transmitted but
along with the image a confirmation feature can be transmitted with the image for the " worship conformation " of the owner .
Criminals are tracked down and captured everyday due to these "image" devices .
This was not even the case just 20 -25 years ago .
How much harder would it be to track down resistors using the same technology ?
This " worship confirmation " feature could even utilize fingerprint I.D.
How could such worldwide application ever have been conceived thousands of years ago ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 11:55 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Apparently, you are looking for an outward appearance or sign.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:00 PM

19,037 posts, read 27,614,590 times
Thank you, I am Android user. Glad I am not in that category... Instant absolution.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:25 PM

11,102 posts, read 7,168,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
...How prophetic that the bible was able to prophesize thousands of years ahead of time a day when all people
on the face of the earth can look at the same " image " :
" ..and cause that as many, as would not worship the image of the beast
should be killed ." ( Revelation 13:15 ) .
And the prophesy goes even deeper in nailing it down since not only can the " image " be transmitted but
along with the image a confirmation feature can be transmitted with the image for the " worship conformation " of the owner...
So what is the "image"? What specific image are you talking about? You talk about technology - and there's no disputing the power of a modern cellphones - but you don't say what this one, common image consists of. And is there something particular about iPhones, since you called them out by name?

The premise of this thread is paper-thin and falling apart...

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-20-2019 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-20-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
So what is the "image"? What specific image are you talking about? You talk about technology - and there's no disputing the power of a modern cellphones - but you don't say what this one, common image consists of. And is there something particular about iPhones, since you called them out by name?

The premise of this thread is paper-thin and falling apart...
Clearly the I-phone would not be the only device utilized .
How many brands of device can you view Facebook on ?
Well that is how many would capable .
The " image " detail is another fascinating piece of the bible's prophecy in this regard .
The bible has certainly referred to different Spiritual forms as in the spirit appearing to Saul , or the appearance of Moses and Elijah on the Mount of Transfiguration , but this is clearly referring to an "image"
that is somehow being projected .
The "image" itself is said to be that of the Beast , which will be a man greatly admired .
The "beast" not being a reference to the "image" itself which will undoubtedly be an image of great beauty and attractiveness , but a reference to the inner nature .

" ..that the image of the beast should both speak , and cause that as many as would not worship
the image.." ( Revelation 13:15 )

Just to be clear as to what perspective you are bringing here Thoreau , are you one of the many self-professed non-Christians in residence on this site ?

Old 09-20-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
The "image" itself is said to be that of the Beast , which will be a man greatly admired..
Okay, so in theory some man will come along, and might be photographed. What does that have to do with using cellphones in worship services, which you seem to imply is now an issue? Are you saying the "beast" is among us now, onstage, in churches across the world?!? Then you again need to identify such person.

So far, you're jumping over several hurdles of assumptions to make your concern/theory stretch.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 09-20-2019 at 02:51 PM..

Old 09-20-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Okay, so in theory some man will come along, and might be photographed. What does that have to do with using cellphones in worship services, which you seem to imply is now an issue? Are you saying the "beast" is among us now, onstage, in churches across the world?!? Then you again need to identify such person.

So far, you're jumping over several hurdles of assumptions to make your concern/theory stretch.
Given what is taking place as we speak I really do not know how it is possible to stretch things to far .
Do you realize that within a year there is going to be for sale a computer " image " program that allows the user to have sex with any of the programmed "images" in a way that the image actually responds to what the user is physically doing as if there was actual sexual contact occurring ?
If we are at that place where that is going on now , how do you find the use of smartphones being utilized
as a form traceable, verified , worship and compliance to be a stretch ?
Just in curiosity are you one of the self-professed non-Christians in residence here ?
If you are that may explain the trouble you are having in forming a conclusion about this passage in the bible.

Old 09-20-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
If we are at that place where that is going on now , how do you find the use of smartphones being utilized as a form traceable, verified , worship and compliance to be a stretch ?
Just in curiosity are you one of the self-professed non-Christians in residence here ?
If you are that may explain the trouble you are having in forming a conclusion about this passage in the bible.
Traceability of phones and technology is not in question. The point you made is that they will be (or are now being) used to show and worship the 'beast'. But you've provided no evidence that this is happening, or will happen. Do you have a crystal ball? Are you into fortune telling?

I've read the Bible through - in entirety - twice. I know what it says. But you're just in daydreaming mode, with thoughts and predications running wildly rampant. You're ignoring such scriptures as Christ advising against worrying about tomorrow, as today has enough trouble of its own to deal with. Also, no one knows of the time of his return. It's time for you to come out of the clouds of fantasizing, and return to earth.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:08 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,705,401 times
Quote:
Traceability of phones and technology is not in question. The point you made is that they will be (or are now being) used to show and worship the 'beast'. But you've provided no evidence that this is happening, or will happen. Do you have a crystal ball? Are you into fortune telling?

I've read the Bible through - in entirety - twice. I know what it says. But you're just in daydreaming mode, with thoughts and predications running wildly rampant. You're ignoring such scriptures as Christ advising against worrying about tomorrow, as today has enough trouble of its own to deal with. Also, no one knows of the time of his return. It's time for you to come out of the clouds of fantasizing, and return to earth.
I agree with you Thoreau, Revelation is a highly symbolic book, not to be used literally

Old 09-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Given what is taking place as we speak I really do not know how it is possible to stretch things to far .
Do you realize that within a year there is going to be for sale a computer " image " program that allows the user to have sex with any of the programmed "images" in a way that the image actually responds to what the user is physically doing as if there was actual sexual contact occurring ?
If we are at that place where that is going on now , how do you find the use of smartphones being utilized
as a form traceable, verified , worship and compliance to be a stretch ?
Quote:

Well if the technology now is not " in question " why would another radically different form of future technological device used to project this Interactive " Image " be required in the future ?
Reading the bible does not tell me whether or not you are a Christian ?
If you don't want to say so that is fine . The only reason I ask is in reference to your not being able to come to any kind of conclusion about the bible passage in question:

" ...saying to them that dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast.."
( Revelation 13:14 )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity