Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:16 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,574 times

Advertisements

I am stuck in a dead end job making $9.50 an hour with no hope of any raise. Basically the crap company I work for lays you off after a year, expects you to collect unemployment for three months and calls you back to avoid giving out a raise.

Anyway, I need more money and need it desperately. I don't feel that my needs are being met. I have no health insurance and my car is in the shop and I am not sure if I am going to have the money to fix it. I live 45 minutes from my cruddy job, so going without a car isn't an option. There is no public transportation in my area.

I am so desperate right now that I am considering donating eggs, stripping, or signing up for SugarDaddy.com so I can find a man to support me. I don't want to compromise my faith, but I need money and need it now. I am tired of struggling like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 12:25 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Don't strip and don't sign up for sugar-daddies; you'll reap what you sow. But I don't see anything wrong with selling your eggs since the Bible doesn't specifically forbid it or even allude to it.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:53 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redroses777 View Post
If you have no faith in God…Jehovah God, and you’re not whole-heartedly following Jesus teachings. You will fall weak to satan’s tricks, (Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks) of the devil). question, How much do you appreciate the blessing you already have? What I’m asking is do you have a roof over your head?, and Do you eat? Jesus didn’t have his OWN roof, and i'm sure, little clothing , (Matt. 8:20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests. but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head). Still Jehovah God made sure those things were provided to his son.

Jehovah God also make sure the animals have their necessities, (Matt. 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they)? Do you not know he could do the same for us. He will be there for us, when we need him ,(Isa. 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee). You complain about what you make an hour, Jesus has NO money. Many of Jehovah’s servants live just above water, But they’re living, or they lived! If we’re to follow Jesus, we should focus MORE on what he wants us to do.

Which was to do the will of his Father, IF we want to be seen by Jesus as his spiritual family, (Matt. 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). Sometimes we say we’re such followers of Jesus, yet we focus mostly on our own selfish wants, NOT needs, Because we do have the necessities. Also are you really sure you want to go to one of satan’s sites just to find a man to support you? If you do be careful, having a sugardaddy may come with a price. I might not have much , and I might have a small income. But I’m living and I’m happy. Because my goal is to try my best to serve Jehovah God, by trying to do as Jesus taught us. again Jehovah God knows what we need, if we focus on him, he’s got our backs, (Matt. 6:31-34), I hope the best for you. peace

Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM

419 posts, read 435,283 times
Are you a member of a local church?

Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
I am stuck in a dead end job making $9.50 an hour with no hope of any raise. Basically the crap company I work for lays you off after a year, expects you to collect unemployment for three months and calls you back to avoid giving out a raise.

Anyway, I need more money and need it desperately. I don't feel that my needs are being met. I have no health insurance and my car is in the shop and I am not sure if I am going to have the money to fix it. I live 45 minutes from my cruddy job, so going without a car isn't an option. There is no public transportation in my area.

I am so desperate right now that I am considering donating eggs, stripping, or signing up for SugarDaddy.com so I can find a man to support me. I don't want to compromise my faith, but I need money and need it now. I am tired of struggling like this.

Just because you want to donate your eggs does not mean you will be accepted. There are medical protocalls that have to be followed and you have to be accepted. You can however donate Plasma or blood and some places do pay for your time. You will have to see if your area has one of these centers.
As far as the crappy job goes, only you can make the choice to seek and find different employment. So the next time you get laid off take that time to search for other positions. As far as the finances go, do you know how to control your money or does your money control you? If you know how to control your money it is much easier to deal with unexpected issues that come up throughout your financial life. Are there things you can cut back on or things that can be sold that are not needs but wants?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:

Bring you're concerns to God in prayer. He wants you to fall and trust on him. He is your provider. Don't lose faith. This all could very well be a test.. to fall back and strip for example will only prove that you have failed the test. God wants submissive obedience to his will trusting he will deliver above all else.

Can you decrease expenses elsewhere? Be thankful for what we have not covetous. Recognize the blessings God has given you in your life. More money will never help anything.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:06 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:

You already know what not to do. Even the Angels will not call out to stop you if you are intent on taking the wrong way. God will make a way somehow if we wait in anticipation. Anticipation is faith at its' best, knowing that God sees and God will act on our behalf but often in the 11th hour to exercise our faith, for without that we have nothing of eternal value. But oh so few wait to see the waters open on the 11th hour but rush ahead on their own to great trouble. I know from God, He has not one but many anwers to your troubles but you must see them own your own. It must be by your faith, not mine. I am praying for you.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Are you pretty?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,683,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Are you pretty?
Yes, I have been told by a lot of people that I am attactive. What does it matter anyway?

I am actually pretty good with finances, but it is tough to live off $9.50 an hour which is well below the poverty level even for a single person. I am also paying on student loans and need a car. I DESPERATELY want to move because jobs in my area pay $8-$10 an hour. I am just tired of struggling and the only other option I am looking at is suicide because I see no way out of this mess.

I did apply as an egg donor and was accepted.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:32 PM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Bring you're concerns to God in prayer. He wants you to fall and trust on him. He is your provider. Don't lose faith. This all could very well be a test.. to fall back and strip for example will only prove that you have failed the test. God wants submissive obedience to his will trusting he will deliver above all else.

Can you decrease expenses elsewhere? Be thankful for what we have not covetous. Recognize the blessings God has given you in your life. More money will never help anything.
How long are these "tests" supposed to last? Mine seems to have been going from the moment I got in to this world.

As for coveting, I don't think just hoping we can keep a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs, be able to pay the light bill is "coveting" or wishing for "more". Some of us just want to survive without stress. Is that really too much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity