Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 01:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,384 times

Advertisements

Christ said in Matt. 15:24,

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Why was Christ only sent to Israel?

Israel was to be the evangelist nation of the world, they were to bring the world (the Gentiles) to Christ.

But they failed and denied the Son of God as a nation, and still do until this very day!

Of course God knew from the foundation of the world when he planed this, that this would happen. So He also planed another way for the world to be brought to Christ, the Church.

I don't like long posts, I avoid them, so I will keep to my word and be brief with an otherwise long subject. Hopefully everyone will join in and we can see the whole picture from different perspectives.

It's for another thread, but I would like to point out that God is far from finished with Israel, in fact, they will fulfill their original calling to evangelize the world.

How is this Church to be when Israel has failed in their calling, and God has taken the torch from them?

Acts 28:28

"Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it."

This was said by the Apostle Paul, the evangelist to the Gentiles. He said it to the unbelieving Jews who had crucified Christ. Paul has washed his hands of the Jews an now sets out by the calling of the Holy Spirit to take the Gospel to the Gentile nations. He would take it first to the portions of Asia Minor.

Jesus called him "my chosen vessel" he would prove to be what the Holy Spirit called him "the Master Church builder."

He left a trail of many Churches behind Him in many cities, and from these Churches the Gospel spread throughout Europe, reaching the UK, and finally to the shores of the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2021, 02:36 PM

33,245 posts, read 26,455,707 times
God's plan is progressive, incorporating certain changes over time. God himself does not change, but his plan has distinct changes which can be referred to as dispensations. The church-age is a dispensation distinct from the dispensation of Israel. The church with reference to all believers during the church-age is a new creation or new man in which both Jews and Gentiles who receive Christ as Savior are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. In God's plan there are Gentiles, Jews, and Church.

God is not done with Israel, but with the beginning of the church-age on the Day of Pentecost 50 days after the resurrection of Jesus the body of Christ; that is, the church which is a living organism, a new creation, is being formed. I'm pre-Tribulational in my theology and hold the view that once the body of Christ has been formed, the church will be resurrected and raptured. Sometime after that the Tribulation will begin and last for seven years. Then Jesus will return and bring with him all who have died in Christ during the church-age as well as all Old Testament believers which are at the present time with Jesus in heaven.

So why the church? To bring both believing Jews and believing Gentiles together in one body as a new creation. After the church-age is complete, believing Jews will still be Jews, that is, they will still be Israel, while believing Gentiles will still be Gentiles. But for right now, at this time in human history, believing Jews and believing Gentiles are Church in which there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile.

Old 01-26-2021, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
God's plan is progressive, incorporating certain changes over time. God himself does not change, but his plan has distinct changes which can be referred to as dispensations. The church-age is a dispensation distinct from the dispensation of Israel. The church with reference to all believers during the church-age is a new creation or new man in which both Jews and Gentiles who receive Christ as Savior are baptized by the Holy Spirit into the body of Christ. In God's plan there are Gentiles, Jews, and Church.

God is not done with Israel, but with the beginning of the church-age on the Day of Pentecost 50 days after the resurrection of Jesus the body of Christ; that is, the church which is a living organism, a new creation, is being formed. I'm pre-Tribulational in my theology and hold the view that once the body of Christ has been formed, the church will be resurrected and raptured. Sometime after that the Tribulation will begin and last for seven years. Then Jesus will return and bring with him all who have died in Christ during the church-age as well as all Old Testament believers which are at the present time with Jesus in heaven.

So why the church? To bring both believing Jews and believing Gentiles together in one body as a new creation. After the church-age is complete, believing Jews will still be Jews, that is, they will still be Israel, while believing Gentiles will still be Gentiles. But for right now, at this time in human history, believing Jews and believing Gentiles are Church in which there is no distinction between Jew and Gentile.
Well, we do have something in common after all, amazing, never thought it possible!

Old 01-26-2021, 04:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

"But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Israel was to be the evangelist nation of the world, they were to bring the world (the Gentiles) to Christ.

But they failed and denied the Son of God as a nation, and still do until this very day!

Of course God knew from the foundation of the world when he planed this, that this would happen. So He also planed another way for the world to be brought to Christ, the Church.

I don't like long posts, I avoid them, so I will keep to my word and be brief with an otherwise long subject. Hopefully everyone will join in and we can see the whole picture from different perspectives.

It's for another thread, but I would like to point out that God is far from finished with Israel, in fact, they will fulfill their original calling to evangelize the world.

How is this Church to be when Israel has failed in their calling, and God has taken the torch from them?

Acts 28:28

"Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it."

This was said by the Apostle Paul, the evangelist to the Gentiles. He said it to the unbelieving Jews who had crucified Christ. Paul has washed his hands of the Jews an now sets out by the calling of the Holy Spirit to take the Gospel to the Gentile nations. He would take it first to the portions of Asia Minor.

Jesus called him "my chosen vessel" he would prove to be what the Holy Spirit called him "the Master Church builder."

He left a trail of many Churches behind Him in many cities, and from these Churches the Gospel spread throughout Europe, reaching the UK, and finally to the shores of the USA.
You do know that there is a difference between Israel and Judah, right?...

Old 01-26-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You do know that there is a difference between Israel and Judah, right?...
Hello Richard, haven't heard from you for a while.

Yes, I agree, but that is for another thread.

Start it up if you like.

Old 01-26-2021, 04:18 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:

Start it up if you like.
You brought up both Israel and Jews into the conversation, and it does seem to me very relevant to this thread the difference between Israel and Judah, and Jews

Old 01-26-2021, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
You brought up both Israel and Jews into the conversation, and it does seem to me very relevant to this thread the difference between Israel and Judah, and Jews
Not going to argue, have at it if you will!

Old 01-26-2021, 04:46 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:

Start it up if you like.
Quote:
Not going to argue, have at it if you will!
All I was saying is it’s not really for another thread

You could even try and carry on a conversation with Richard since you now have a point of agreement and see where it leads

Richard is a Jew in the USA - (the place you seem interested in)
Quote:

<snip>

Old 01-26-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
All I was saying is it’s not really for another thread

You could even try and carry on a conversation with Richard since you now have a point of agreement and see where it leads

Richard is a Jew in the USA - (the place you seem interested in)
It was just a suggestion to Richard, I was desiring to stay on the theme of the Church, not Israel.

Maybe I didn't place enough emphasis on the Church for you to see that.

But you are free to take it there if you like, or anyone else.

Old 01-26-2021, 06:04 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,164,275 times
There's a big difference between the "church" as intended by Christ (a "body of Christ"; people united in Christ), and "church" as is the connotation today (a building with members).

Jesus authorized the former, but not the latter, which is a product of mankind.

The "church" of today will fight to protect and defend itself, and hide that it is not what Jesus wanted and directed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity