Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 12:56 PM

737 posts, read 1,148,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
OK, I misunderstood. So the RCC believe you can conjure up any dead person by praying to them rather than God. Still a forbidden practice according to scripture. But why let that stop you? Who need scripture when you have the "Pope".
Hardly a Christian reply. You have no knowledge of this subject and should investigate. Your reference to the pope and not needing scripture says that. You could not of possibly understood curious disciple, who gave you an excellent reply.

Catholics are not praying to saints. It was explained to you and you insist on repeating a lie.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:01 PM

428 posts, read 330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Hardly a Christian reply. You have no knowledge of this subject and should investigate. Your reference to the pope and not needing scripture says that. You could not of possibly understood curious disciple, who gave you an excellent reply.

Catholics are not praying to saints. It was explained to you and you insist on repeating a lie.
So the RCC does not ever pray to anyone but God alone? Or do they pray to the "saints"? I think I have heard them .

Like this answer from Why Roman Catholics Pray to Saints - Prayer to Saints in Roman Catholicism

"Like all Christians, Catholics believe in life after death, but they also believe that our relationship with other Christians does not end with death. Catholic prayer to saints is a recognition of this communion."

That Catholic admits they pray to saints.

Or go to Praying to the Saints | Catholic Answers where they explain that they pray to saints and why they believe it is OK.

Why not just be honest about this and not lie and then accuse me of telling lie's? You sound like a Democrat when you do that.

I realize the official position is you don't pray "TO" saints but Pray to saints to get them to pray for you. But that's just trying to deny the obvious.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:11 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,920 times
Being raised a Catholic, yes, they believe that intercession is made through the Saint to God. Even though, I am not a practicing Catholic, I remember...I do not understand why some feel it is necessary to bash others beliefs.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:16 PM

I don't understand why people want to dance around and try and not say what they believe or their church rally teaches. The RCC teach their members to communicate with dead people. It is done like a prayer. So they pray to the saints. Many admit that fact but some try to deny it and call it something else. What ever you call it, it remains the same thing. Communicating with the dead. If you do it why lie about it?

Old 10-21-2012, 01:37 PM

467 posts, read 664,810 times
The Saints have attained oneness with God and therefore can help those on Earth who haven't yet made it. Try praying to Pope John Paul II and see what happens. Really, do it. Ask him to help you with something and watch what happens. This doesn't displace God but proves it. John Paul puts himself with your God Presence and is lawfully able to help you. I personally find the reality of Saints comforting and not just that, but that by calling to them I know I am helping the rest of the world too. It's like the multiplying of the fishes and loaves. The Saints are able to do that so it doesn't make sense not to pray to them.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
The Saints have attained oneness with God and therefore can help those on Earth who haven't yet made it. Try praying to Pope John Paul II and see what happens. Really, do it. Ask him to help you with something and watch what happens. This doesn't displace God but proves it. John Paul puts himself with your God Presence and is lawfully able to help you. I personally find the reality of Saints comforting and not just that, but that by calling to them I know I am helping the rest of the world too. It's like the multiplying of the fishes and loaves. The Saints are able to do that so it doesn't make sense not to pray to them.
I would never disobey God and try and communicate with the dead. That would be a sin.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:58 PM

467 posts, read 664,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Joe Bob View Post
I would never disobey God and try and communicate with the dead. That would be a sin.
John Paul II is not remotely dead. There is no such thing as death as Jesus proved in the Resurrection. John Paul is an Eternal Being who is very much alive. If you believed in Jesus' work you would understand this.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
*shaking my head*

Ah, yes, just another of many threads about fundamentalists and Catholics slugging it out as to who is right. I can tell you with certainty who is more hick.

*yawn*

Old 10-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
John Paul II is not remotely dead. There is no such thing as death as Jesus proved in the Resurrection. John Paul is an Eternal Being who is very much alive. If you believed in Jesus' work you would understand this.
Hebrews 9:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Acts 5:10
Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

Acts 10:42
And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.

Sounds like death does exist to me. Else how can the dead in Christ be raised from the dead?

Last edited by Jimmy Joe Bob; 10-21-2012 at 04:19 PM..

Old 10-21-2012, 05:10 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,875,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
*shaking my head*

Ah, yes, just another of many threads about fundamentalists and Catholics slugging it out as to who is right. I can tell you with certainty who is more hick.

*yawn*
Me thinks he has a point! This goes on every day....ya know what I mean Robert?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity