Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimaroon View Post
What were we at first?
What did we become?
We were very much part of God

Alienated in our minds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Wow! so then God is wrong. He is not the only creator? All things were not created by him because we can create things too!!!

Do you not see the blasphemy in that? Think about it carefully!
Well what were those doing building the Tower of Babel, they were creating that which they imagined.
And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. Gen11:6

No blasphemy whatsoever, scripture clear teaches that there is power in our words,

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. Fruit comes from a seed(word). We create our world by our imagination(imagination is the beginning of creation)then speak it in to being, whether it be good or bad, unfortunately we forget what we have thought upon and spoken and blame everyone and everything including God instead of ourselves.

From the fruit of his lips a man enjoys good things.He who guards his lips guards his life, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin. Proverbs 13:2-3

Last edited by pcamps; 12-03-2012 at 01:18 PM..

Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Well then let me ask you this: Do you still commit sin?

What is important, aisi, is that Christ in me never has and never will "commit sin".

It reminds me of a poem I read when I was a young teen, entitled "Not I, but Christ" (just found it online as a hymn). I did not appreciate it then as I do now, and yet I've always carried it with me.:

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.

Oh, to be saved from myself, dear Lord,
Oh, to be lost in Thee,
Oh, that it may be no more I,
But Christ that lives in me.

Not I, but Christ to gently soothe in sorrow,
Not I, but Christ to wipe the falling tear;
Not I, but Christ to lift the weary burden,
Not I, but Christ to hush away all fear.

Christ, only Christ, no idle word e'er falling,
Christ, only Christ, no needless bustling sound;
Christ, only Christ, no self-important bearing,
Christ, only Christ, no trace of I be found.

Not I, but Christ my every need supplying,
Not I, but Christ my strength and health to be;
Christ, only Christ, for spirit, soul, and body,
Christ, only Christ, live then Thy life in me.

Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I'll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Source: Hymn: Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted

My desire is for my vision to be so filled with Christ in me, and in all people, that that is all I ever look at.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Who created darkness? Was the darkness good or was it the light that was good? The darkness has never represented anything good in the scriptures and yet God said He created it.

Did you not listen to what he said in Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Even though God has told us in his word that he created the evil we just cast it aside and naturally don't believe him.

God created the darkness,....God created evil. He does everything. He is the only one who can create...there is no other creator but him. This does not make him any less perfect. He himself does not have evil within him.

So then if you gave existence to evil...then this makes you a creator too. See what I mean when I say we think we are God...able to create. This is the great deception of the snake.
By the Word are all things created.

The power to create is of God. The use of that power to create evil is all on us.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM

Who created confusion cimaroon ? God ?

God is not the author of confusion 1 Corinthians 14 I think

Old 12-03-2012, 03:04 PM

398 posts, read 545,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What is important, aisi, is that Christ in me never has and never will "commit sin".

It reminds me of a poem I read when I was a young teen, entitled "Not I, but Christ" (just found it online as a hymn). I did not appreciate it then as I do now, and yet I've always carried it with me.:

Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted,
Not I, but Christ be seen, be known and heard;
Not I, but Christ in every look and action,
Not I, but Christ in every thought and word.

(clip)

Christ, only Christ, ere long will fill my vision,
Glory excelling soon, full soon I'll see;
Christ, only Christ, my every wish fulfilling,
Christ, only Christ, my all in all to be.

Source: Hymn: Not I, but Christ be honored, loved, exalted

My desire is for my vision to be so filled with Christ in me, and in all people, that that is all I ever look at.

OK.... I know most of the words to "Camptown Races",

that doesn't make me an authority on Horse Racing.

I also know the first stanza to the "Battle Hymm of the Republic"---

that doesn't make me a Union soldier or a Civil War veteran.

FWIW.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2bHere! View Post
OK.... I know most of the words to "Camptown Races",

that doesn't make me an authority on Horse Racing.

I also know the first stanza to the "Battle Hymm of the Republic"---

that doesn't make me a Union soldier or a Civil War veteran.

FWIW.

I'm not sure I understand the point you are making?

Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
not quiet the greatest deceit has been to convince us that there is no devil.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I will respectfully disagree. I am the beast because I still live in the confines of the flesh, but by no means do I live in defeat. I live in the hope of God's wonderful promise...I shall bear his image....and what a day that will be!

I'm glad to hear that you do not live in defeat. Seriously. Everyone is impacted by different things in different ways and I'm glad it does not impact you in the same way it did me.

I just know that when I believed as you do now, I did feel defeated in my day to day life. When I believed myself to be a beast, I felt shackled to that image, weighed down by it. What freed me from that is believing that Christ, whose "yoke is easy and burden light", is in me NOW.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:27 PM

303 posts, read 430,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
By the Word are all things created.

The power to create is of God. The use of that power to create evil is all on us.
So are you saying God does not create evil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity