Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:17 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by benmiller View Post
unfortunately, I'm tempted to boast in you right now...
Sometimes ya just gotta throw caution to the wind. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 AM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

My week starts on Monday. My weekend is Saturday/Sunday. The last day of the week being Sunday. Right before the next week begins on Monday.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 PM

951 posts, read 1,052,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

My week starts on Monday. My weekend is Saturday/Sunday. The last day of the week being Sunday. Right before the next week begins on Monday.
But God does esteem one day above the other six days of the week. God esteems the Sabbath to be Holy time and tells men to keep it holy.

And a true Christian is not to let any man judge them in the keeping of the Sabbath but the body of Christ of which Jesus Christ is the Head. And Christ's jugdment is to keep God's Commandments of which the Seventh-Day Sabbath is the 4th Commandment of the Ten Commandments.

And Christ is the Lord of the Sabbath and He kept all of His Father's Commandments and lived a sinless life and in Peter and Paul's writings we see are to follow the example that Christ set and Christ and the early apostles kept God's Seventh-Day Sabbath and annual Holy Days.

Sunday worship, Christmas and Easter were all injected into Christianity by the church at Rome. This worldly church is the church of the Roman Empire which compromised and blended paganism in with Christianity. The Roman Empire is symbolized in prophecy and is called a beast.

These days of worship that come out of paganism, Sunday-worship, Christmas and Easter are actually the dreaded Mark of the Beast (Roman Empire) we read about in the book of Revelation. If one is part of this world, then he/she cannot tell the difference between God's Holy Days and these pagan holidays instituted by the church of the Beast. The peer pressure to conform to the world's days of worship overpowers any love for God they profess to have.

It comes down to the fact that God has to call one and give His Spirit to that individual for one to be able to actually discern between what is Holy and what is profane, which days are of God and which days are of the god of this world -- Satan the Devil.

But God says this nation needs to be warned against sinning! And the people of God need to be warned to come out of this spiritual Babylon of confusion and obey the true God and true Christ and avoid all these pagan substitutes!

God's true Saints have come out or are in the process of coming out!

Revelation 14:
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

God's True Saints keep God's Holy Seventh Day Sabbath which is one of the Ten Commandments of God just as Christ and the early apostles did.

It's time this nation woke up to the plain facts and started obeying the true God and the true Jesus Christ!

I say, Wake Up!!!

This is the 28,809th day of the Ezekiel Warning being given to the USA which started back on 1/7/1934. We all need to repent and turn to God and quit sinning!

Again, Wake Up!!!

Old 11-21-2012, 05:00 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
I told my boss at work that `I don`t work on Saturday`...... So He lets me off , ..Then on Sunday I go to church and do some house or yard work at home on Sunday ....And Jesus Spirit is still here on my Life and does not condemn me ..... Jesus said in the Bible that He is the Lord of the Sabbath , which means that He is the only one to judge people for what they do on the Sabbath , and people don`t have any right to Judge others or what they do...

Old 11-21-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthttf View Post
But ...
Scoff at God's Word as you wish.

All your 'butts' do not stand against God.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
I told my boss at work that `I don`t work on Saturday`...... So He lets me off , ..Then on Sunday I go to church and do some house or yard work at home on Sunday ....And Jesus Spirit is still here on my Life and does not condemn me ..... Jesus said in the Bible that He is the Lord of the Sabbath , which means that He is the only one to judge people for what they do on the Sabbath , and people don`t have any right to Judge others or what they do...
And you do not speak truthfully on behalf of the real Jesus Christ. Christ kept the Seventh-day Sabbath and so did the early apostles. And Christ works today through those who are being called out of this present evil world.

This nation needs to repent of their sins against God! Sabbath breaking and idolatry are the two chief sins and this nation is going to come crashing down for our disobedience.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:17 PM

On the topic of "not speak truthfully on behalf of the real Jesus Christ"

Quote:
... [Jesus] Christ kept the Seventh-day Sabbath and ...
No actually the Bible says that He did not.

Jesus Christ proclaimed Himself to be Lord of the Sabbath in Matthew 12:1-8, Mark 2:23-28 and Luke 6:1-5.

On a Sabbath Jesus and His disciples were performing unlawful labor, when the Pharisees confronted Him about it. Jesus explained how King David ate of the shew bread which was unlawful. "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Jesus claimed to be the Lord, He and his disciples were entitled to do as they wish on the Sabbath.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:49 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,543,609 times
Has the OP considered becoming a Jew?

Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
On the topic of "not speak truthfully on behalf of the real Jesus Christ"

No actually the Bible says that He did not.

Jesus Christ proclaimed Himself to be Lord of the Sabbath in Matthew 12:1-8, Mark 2:23-28 and Luke 6:1-5.

On a Sabbath Jesus and His disciples were performing unlawful labor, when the Pharisees confronted Him about it. Jesus explained how King David ate of the shew bread which was unlawful. "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."

Jesus claimed to be the Lord, He and his disciples were entitled to do as they wish on the Sabbath.
Well, of course if Christ lived a sinless life to pay for the sins of all humanity, and you stand here accusing him of sinning and breaking God's 4th Commandment -- I think you can see your error. He did not sin. Judaism had added their "own" set of rules for how to keep the Sabbath which Christ set aside at times when they accused Him, but He did not set aside the 4th Commandment and start keeping the pagans' day of sun-worship.

Sunday-worshippers keep forgetting that what they are embracing is a million times worse than any error they may find in the the Seventh-Day Sabbath, the day they are rejecting. Even Catholic/Protestant writers will point out that there is no sanctification of Sunday found in the Bible and that the Seventh-Day Sabbath is day that is sanctified in the scriptures.

Here are some examples:

James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of our Fathers, 88th ed., pp. 89.

"But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify."

Roman Catholic and Protestant Confessions about Sunday

Martin J. Scott, Things Catholics Are Asked About (1927),p. 136.

"Nowhere in the Bible is it stated that worship should be changed from Saturday to Sunday .... Now the Church ... instituted, by God's authority, Sunday as the day of worship. This same Church, by the same divine authority, taught the doctrine of Purgatory long before the Bible was made. We have, therefore, the same authority for Purgatory as we have for Sunday."

Roman Catholic and Protestant Confessions about Sunday

Isaac Williams, Plain Sermons on the Catechism , vol. 1, pp.334, 336.

"And where are we told in the Scriptures that we are to keep the first day at all? We are commanded to keep the seventh; but we are nowhere commanded to keep the first day .... The reason why we keep the first day of the week holy instead of the seventh is for the same reason that we observe many other things, not because the Bible, but because the church has enjoined it."

http://www.biblesabbath.org/confessions.html

Bishop Seymour, Why We Keep Sunday .

"We have made the change from the seventh day to the first day, from Saturday to Sunday, on the authority of the one holy Catholic Church."

First Day Observance , pp. 17, 19.

"The first day of the week is commonly called the Sabbath. This is a mistake. The Sabbath of the Bible was the day just preceding the first day of the week. The first day of the week is never called the Sabbath anywhere in the entire Scriptures. It is also an error to talk about the change of the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday. There is not in any place in the Bible any intimation of such a change."

Dwight L. Moody

D. L. Moody, Weighed and Wanting (Fleming H. Revell Co.: New York), pp. 47, 48.

"The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. This fourth commandment begins with the word 'remember,' showing that the Sabbath already existed when God Wrote the law on the tables of stone at Sinai. How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?"

Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,709,541 times
Quote:
Exodus 20:
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

God's Seventh Day begins at from sunset at the end of the sixth day and ends at sunset at the end of the seventh day. It is holy time. If you steal God's holy time for your own personal use you are sinning! It is made for you but you are not the Lord of the Sabbath, Christ is! And Christ kept God's Commandments, all Ten of the Ten Commandments.

True Christians are those who have come out of this world and do not take part in this world's governments, sports, entertainment, etc. They work and pay taxes and that is about it. A true Christian is set apart just like the seventh-day Sabbath. If you are part of this wicked world then you are not set apart, you are not sanctified and you will see no difference in God's Holy Sabbath. You will think it is a common day just like the other six and like you who has not been set apart from the rest of the world you cannot discern the holy from the profane! God has to call you to repentance before you can truly see the difference!

So, you, the ones who cannot see the difference, then I say take it on faith and obey God and pray that this nation will be spared the horrendous horrors that are going to result for our Sabbath-breaking and idol worship and all of our other sins!

Wake Up, America! It's time we turned to the true God and the true Christ! Christ kept the weekly Sabbath and the annual Sabbaths and true Christians will be doing the same! Again, Wake Up!
Better read Mark 2:23-27

23*One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24*The Pharisees said to him, “Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?”

25*He answered, “Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26*In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions.”

27*Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. 28*So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity