Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 03:32 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,501,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
There's no way around God's word. Either you believe it or you don't. church doctrine does not have precedence over God's word. And you can't argue with God's word.
Oh some try, but it's like trying to spit in the face of God.

* which I don't know how that would happen, because you listen long enough they say God is within a person (when it becomes necessary to refute other truths that becomes troublesome). So how does one spit in their heart?

*What UR theology reminds me of is a contest to see who can tackle the greased squealing pig at a county fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,022,809 times
Quote:
There's no way around God's word. Either you believe it or you don't. church doctrine does not have precedence over God's word. And you can't argue with God's word.
Sure we can. We can argue however we choose. Moses argued with God - didn't want to go where God wanted him to. Abraham argued with God, didn't want God to destroy a city of sinners or don't you remember that? God wants people to struggle with him. It's the way he teaches us and not only that, it is very biblical.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:48 PM

201 posts, read 236,365 times
God wants us to obey Him, not defy Him. Remember that whole Adam and the apple thing?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:57 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,381,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
What UR theology reminds me of is a contest to see who can tackle the greased squealing pig at a county fair.
I was going to say the same thing about ETers attempts to prove aion means eternity as much as it would need to to support your Doctrine: COME BACK HERE, AION!! (Squealing) COMEBACK! YOUR GOING IN THE ETERNITY PEN IF IT TAKES ME THE NEXT AION!! NO! GET OUT OF THAT AGE PEN! THOSE PESKY EXTRABIBLICAL GREEK SOURCES AIN'T GETTIN YOU THIS TIME! ARRGH! STAY OUT OF THERE!!... I love farm analogies, don't you?

Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,501,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
... I love farm analogies, don't you?
Yes I do too.
Jesus did too.
  • sheep on the left \ goats on the right Matthew 25:30-46
  • You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? " Matthew 23:33
  • "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions" Luke 10:19
  • "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world ! "

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-18-2013 at 05:25 PM..

Old 01-18-2013, 07:21 PM

8,182 posts, read 6,934,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Yes I do too.
Jesus did too.
  • sheep on the left \ goats on the right Matthew 25:30-46
  • “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? " Matthew 23:33
  • "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions" Luke 10:19
  • "Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world ! "

"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world ! "

Indeed.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:03 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,845,174 times
Quote:
We're attempting to add our own sense of justice to this issue. Heaven or Hell. It's not for us to judge the punishment. It's for God to judge. He is the righteous one. And God's word is quite clear about what happens to those souls who are not written in the book of life. Jesus himself said that "the dead will be separated out and they will be thrown into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." And Revelation expounds on this topic and makes it quite clear that the lake of fire is a real place and the devil along with all those not written the book of life will end up there.

So, contrary to OP, I'm more concerned with those who believe the truth of God's word than with those who "seem more loving."
At last, someone who can actually read and doesn't therefore, feel compelled to to 'feel' their way through this life!

Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 AM

63,854 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
At last, someone who can actually read and doesn't therefore, feel compelled to to 'feel' their way through this life!
How has Christ's Gospel been so corrupted that His most "feeling" act of agape love for us all ("no greater love hath a man . . .") . . . including His torturers and murderers (Father forgive them they know not what they do.) . . . is cast aside to emphasize the savage beliefs about God of our ignorant ancestors. Feeling "love for God and each other" is ALL we are meant to do, period. Everything else has been created by human vanity and hubris corrupted by Satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity