Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 03:18 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where did you look ?.
I left no stone unturned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 03:29 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
So, what is your problem? I don't quite get it. You have discovered you are an atheist. Why do you need believers to assure you of anything? You are now ahead of them, you can't learn anything from believers anymore once you are an atheist...

Old 02-28-2013, 04:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Where did you look ?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You know since the Bible seems to be out of the question (and you'd have many here who'd love nothing more than to veer you away from that)... not all is lost.

There are two possible solutions:

There are some here who feel that all that counts is that "inner feeling". With a little luck someone will convince you to swallow that stone and with that inner touch and higher evolved intelligence you should be able to find this all so elusive God.

Or:

Maybe God isn't under a stone like you think, but really you're looking for more like a Jennie in a lamp.
Hopefully you can find the lamp and rub it while saying "God is love"

Last edited by twin.spin; 02-28-2013 at 04:55 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 05:00 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
What if, despite a lifetime of genuine efforts, you are truly incapable of believing in Jesus and God, but you lead your life as if Jesus did exist. Do you still go to hell?
Yes

Jeremiah 29:13 "If you look for Me in earnest, you will find Me when you seek Me".

Anyone who seeks God wholeheartedly will find Him. He is not hiding.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You know since the Bible seems to be out of the question (and you'd have many here who'd love nothing more than to veer you away from that)... not all is lost.

There are two possible solutions:

There are some here who feel that all that counts is that "inner feeling". With a little luck someone will convince you to swallow that stone and with that inner touch and higher evolved intelligence you should be able to find this all so elusive God.

Or:

Maybe God isn't under a stone like you think, but really you're looking for more like a Jennie in a lamp.
Hopefully you can find the lamp and rub it while saying "God is love"
TwinSpin where did you look ?

Talking about feeling

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might FEEL after him, and find him, though he be not far from EVERY ONE of us: for in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God
Act 17:27-28

Last edited by pcamps; 02-28-2013 at 06:02 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 05:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Maybe it would be good to share which stones you did not find him under, so others don't have to turn the same stone.

Some think because they say the bible is Gods word they are saved,and found God, unfortunately they have not found the one they testify of.

Last edited by pcamps; 02-28-2013 at 06:03 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 07:23 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,406 times
Quote:
lol but you couldn't answer your own question....and rejected my answer.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:28 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
What if, despite a lifetime of genuine efforts, you are truly incapable of believing in Jesus and God, but you lead your life as if Jesus did exist. Do you still go to hell?
Do you really believe in hell?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:36 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,220 times
Been at City-Data for four years and this is the first time I have strolled beyond my local forum. And I usually don't get involved in discussions on Christianity. But I want to bring something to all's attention if I may.

The word faith has many meanings in scripture. It is a "noun" and a "verb." The context it is used in is very important. In the KJV NT it is often translated as "believe, believing. etc." Get a Strongs Concordance(Greek/Hebrew) and use it a lot when reading scripture.

Here is a good start.

Be blessed, all of you who walk in his grace.
greg

Last edited by gregm; 02-28-2013 at 08:37 PM.. Reason: Fat fingers ;-)

Old 02-28-2013, 08:37 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
lol but you couldn't answer your own question....and rejected my answer.
Do you people not even understand an allegory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity