Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:47 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Disobedience always caused the blindness. The group born after were no different then the first. They still had the law just like the first group. Do you remember the commandment?

Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.
But F of X, the question must be asked: WHY WERE THEY DISOBEDIENT? Romans 8 states:

Rom 8:6-7 For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace, (7) because the disposition of the flesh is enmity to God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither is it able."

They were not able to please God because God created them flesh. God had to teach them they were not able. The law was given so that the offense would INCREASE (see Romans 5:20).

It was not their fault! God needed to teach them a valuable lesson they could not learn otherwise. They were blinded to teach them a valuable lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 03:29 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
<snip>Personally, assuming I have a choice, I certainly would even choose continually worshiping an ego maniacal, boorish, selfish, jealous, narcissistic god over being burned alive forever. However, I believe I would rather just be dead, or immediately consumed with fire, than to be subjected to the prior mentioned god worship for eternity. <snip>

I agree. But, now here's a question for you, AJ. IF God is love, and is the source of all truth, would you consider that God a God worth knowing?

Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I agree. But, now here's a question for you, AJ. IF God is love, and is the source of all truth, would you consider that God a God worth knowing?
If such a god existed, yes. And only if that god could provide a reasonable explanation for the atrocities it has performed, for making every individual responsible for the "sins" of Adam, and for sending good people to hell simply for not believing in it, among other issues.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
If such a god existed, yes.
Fair enough. Are you making steps to be open to such a possibility and investigate it, and if so, what are they?

Quote:
And only if that god could provide a reasonable explanation for the atrocities it has performed, for making every individual responsible for the "sins" of Adam, and for sending good people to hell simply for not believing in it, among other issues.
What, other than some of the dogma of religions and some of the writings contained in their "holy books" gives you the impression that God does hold people responsible for the sins of others, or sends people to hell for not believing in it?

Old 03-03-2013, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. Are you making steps to be open to such a possibility and investigate it, and if so, what are they?
The investigation was completed years ago. Though I'm still open hearing new evidence, I'm not actively investigating.

Quote:
What, other than some of the dogma of religions and some of the writings contained in their "holy books" gives you the impression that God does hold people responsible for the sins of others, or sends people to hell for not believing in it?
There is none.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:55 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,247,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But F of X, the question must be asked: WHY WERE THEY DISOBEDIENT? Romans 8 states:

Rom 8:6-7 For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace, (7) because the disposition of the flesh is enmity to God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither is it able."

They were not able to please God because God created them flesh. God had to teach them they were not able. The law was given so that the offense would INCREASE (see Romans 5:20).

It was not their fault! God needed to teach them a valuable lesson they could not learn otherwise. They were blinded to teach them a valuable lesson.

ok why isn't it able?

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

Increase? LOL sorry... wrong. Without the law we wouldn't know what sin was.

for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 PM

14,882 posts, read 17,160,264 times
God shut up all in disobedience (Romans 11) , so if they do not walk it is because it was a part of the plan of God. He opens hearts and eyes in His own time and works all things according to the counsel of His own will. WE may not understand how He does it and maybe we are not supposed to now. God bless and peace.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
The investigation was completed years ago. Though I'm still open hearing new evidence, I'm not actively investigating.
What was your method of investigation?

Quote:
There is none.
So, why would you expect God to answer for something that isn't the case?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 PM

43 posts, read 73,380 times
I cannot even imagine what that must be like, to go around in life seeing everything with this on-or-off / light-or-darkness mentality. So it's to be either one or the other, eh?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
What was your method of investigation?
I'm sorry, there were too many to list. But, I was once a Christian, so I knew what I was doing.

Quote:
So, why would you expect God to answer for something that isn't the case?
I'm sorry. I don't understand your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity