Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 04:33 PM

601 posts, read 1,075,560 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting topic, I'll like to share an experience I had at a Church once. I actually felt something like I never felt before. Ok this was some years back, my aunt invited me, my mother and her husband to the Church she attended, so during the services the pastor called me, mom and her husband up there. He went to each one of us, when he got to me, he told me to close my eyes and don't open them, but I did and all I saw was black with a circle of light and a sound like ''wooooh" all of it happened so fast in a matter seconds. The next thing I know, I was laying on my back. The Pastor asked me to get up and I replied " I can't get up, I can't move but I feel good though ". I could only move my fingers, my left foot, and my head a lil. The rest of my body was numb. But it was an amazing experience.

Old 12-28-2015, 06:28 PM

60 posts, read 45,956 times
Miss Helpburn!!! Hallelujahhhh!!!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:30 PM

Awesome Delta!!! Experiencing God is amaaaaazing!!$

Old 12-28-2015, 06:32 PM

If you talk to a real Doctor Floorist.... You won't find anything here resembling what you said. Stop diagnosing people without a license.

Old 12-28-2015, 07:38 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilliane View Post
I had the vision while praying with a couple from switzerland... I was not the one who had the baby. I had no idea who these people were . To me they were just new missionaries that we welcomed and were loving on.. They were the ones praying for 5 years... I had no knowledge of that. I did not know the couple. That was my first time with them... Wow you can explain that?
Sorry, I misunderstood. But the principle is the same. It doesn't matter who prayed, but the fact that their prayers went unanswered for five years is negative evidence for intervention by an agent (god). Sometimes it takes five years for someone to get pregnant, sometimes it takes 5 mos, sometimes it takes 5 days, or even 5 minutes.

So regardless of who it was, how is this evidence that the voice is actually that of god rather than hallucinatory? There's no evidence of causation by an agent. Even though schizophrenia is a more severe manifestation, it's only a difference of degree: 'God' is a more organized, benevolent imaginary friend someone hears, while the schizophrenic hears chaotic, more malevolent voices. Either way there's no evidence an agent (god) is actually speaking to the person, so the most likely explanation is that voices are imaginary.

Old 03-02-2017, 09:43 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
very old thread brought up to continue arguing in a non debate thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity