U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:34 AM

87 posts, read 186,444 times

Advertisements

Was just curious if any one ever had a direct message from an angel or from God....whether thru a near death experience, or thru a vision or a dream or while awake. We see folks like Joseph Smith and others have claimed to have such experiences...along with countless others in the way of NDE's.....was curious if there is anyone out there who can come forth and tell their experience.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 PM

8,691 posts, read 7,896,809 times
Oh Yes ...See in John 3: 3 Jesus said ...``Very Truly I say to you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God ``....... See when Believers go to God and repent and receive from God His Spirit and become born again in the Spirit , ...Then Jesus Spirit will allow you to hear from God when people talk and pray to God and become His sheep , He will quicken Words of Faith which would be already in the Bible, as they study the Bible , and gifts of the Holy Spirit , come with the understanding of these gifts , which Jesus Spirit will direct believers who get Gifts ........ But then as a protection against the dark spirits adversaries of God ..Jesus can allow believers to hear these dark spirit , which Jesus Spirit will rip them out , to be free indeed of darkness which brings sin .... demons and these fallen angels which will talk and are blabbermouth deceivers , who can lead people to talk endlessly , which Believers of Christ need to resist , as Jesus said `Don`t talk to demon, or pray to cleans them out immediately through Jesus authority prayers ...``..... Then there are Holy Angels of God who are messengers for God , and will come to believers an give a message for faith and encouragement , and then are Gone , ...Where Holy Spirit stays and is reasonable for discernment of Spirits ..... See only born again believers who become the sheep of Jesus will hear the voice of God , but will still need the Spirit of God to discern the voice of the Spirit .... One way is when One hears a voice , they are required to say to the spirit ``Jesus is Lord ``, and if they get a spirit condemning then , then the spirit is not of God ......

Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 AM

4 posts, read 14,092 times
When i was in church once Jesus came up behind me and gave me a hug. Lord i wish I could have those days back again. He was so sweet to me. Another time when i was younger I woke up one morning to see these spinning lights of different colors. I did not know what that was until i asked in a chatroom later. I asked has anyone met the Lord and this guy said he had..he said he saw a bunch of lights spinning on the wall in his bed room and he went up to it and touched it and in the lights was Jesus.

I'm sure God has an experiance like that waiting for you, you should ask him...sometimes he takes people early and brings them back to give a testamony.

God Bless,
-Katy

Old 08-10-2013, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,618 times
I dont know if it was the voice of God or some other divine being, but it was something I will never forget. I am a Christian and have been for as long as I can remember. I have a 18yr daughter and she goes down to Florida to visit relatives almost every summer. I picked her up from the Airport and she was pale, it thought for a moment that this was odd because she should be tan and glowing, but flying can make anyone turn green. So I dismissed it to air sickness and thought she just needs to eat. She did have me take her to a Mexican fast food restaurant but I dont think she ate most of it and she told me cause it was that time of the month for her so as soon as we got home I told her to get the heating pad and go rest for a bit to help the cramps. She kept coming in and telling me something was wrong, I still was thinking it was her cramps that was the issue cause we suffer from terrible cramps. But then it happened. This voice that said "Get up and Go." I knew what it meant as it was after the doctors office was closed and we went to the hospital. She had a ruptured appendix. It had ruptured on the plane or so the doctors thought due to the condition she was in. She went in for surgery and recovered wonderfully. Now if I had not acted when I did she could have quickly gone into shock and died. I still think about that voice it was so clear and it wasn't my inner voice it was different and it sent a straight chill down my spine. So that is my story and I know there are all kinds of nay Sayers that will pick it apart but it doesn't matter to me. My daughter is safe , healthy and my faith is strong.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:59 PM

670 posts, read 714,722 times
I have dreams, visions, in the form of revelations which show me truths about my King Jesus who is not my god but only the son of my god.

I have met god, she came to me as a living flame in the form of a woman which dances over an ocean of infinity which represents time.

She is the one and only god and the father of Christ. She is the All-Fire.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:30 AM

1 posts, read 9,566 times
God is to be found in loving silence. I beleive that that which allows the universe to be, that which animantes it is God. Therefore, whenever you connect lovingly to any living thing or moment, then you connect to God. This is clear when music touches us and also when we can let go of our own wants, needs and opinions for long enough to truly be and truly see. I have no opinions about the specific identitity of God, for that would limit the experience to my narrow human perecption. I have sensed God in meditation, anyone can do it, but it takes faith. This faith is not neccessary due to the fact that God needs validation, needing validation is a human characteristic and stems from low self esteem. No, faith, or lets rather use the words surrender or trust, allows us to see things as they truly are.. there is no judgement, despite the state of the world, behind all the noise lies a holy silence, a silence that nourishes the heart, reminding it that all is full of love in Bjorks words.
xxx

Old 04-25-2014, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 11,371 times
One day after I prayed, I was going to continue my house shores, all from a sudden I felt big and soft wings that covered me entirely. That moment I felt so much loved, there was like an inside growing energy that made felt important, loved, my self esteem was getting out of my material body, that I was feeling great, powerful to do all things. Ohhh how much I would love to stay like that forever.

Another day we were in our house of prayer, and I felt Jesus arms around me. It was awesome I couldn't stop crying of happiness!

Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,525 times
Default I Have

I have,

Here is a link to my story, I wrote about 5 years back. I don't care if no one believes me. Though I really wish to find people that have had the same experience. A support group would be great as this is a heavy weight to bare at times. HE IS, and that's that..

[url=http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Have-Seen-God/704358]I Met Ya-'hwey.. : I Have Seen God Story & Experience[/url]

Kind regards,

Benjamin Worters..

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietrain View Post
Was just curious if any one ever had a direct message from an angel or from God....whether thru a near death experience, or thru a vision or a dream or while awake. We see folks like Joseph Smith and others have claimed to have such experiences...along with countless others in the way of NDE's.....was curious if there is anyone out there who can come forth and tell their experience.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM

12,974 posts, read 10,125,391 times
I do hear His voice sometimes but it's always from within me, not through my ears. (unless another person has a message for me and tells me)

Old 05-20-2014, 09:01 PM

1,312 posts, read 1,249,756 times
In the early 1970's I had cardiac arrest following an accident. Cardiac arrest is not a heart attack. It is when the heart's electrical system malfunctions causing the heart to stop functioning. Fortunately, I was saved by a pediatrician who happened onto the scene.

During the cardiac arrest I felt myself arise out of my body. I call it my spirit, who knows, hovered above the scene. I saw myself lying there, the doctor on sight telling others what to do, and my girlfriend crying at my side. All of this was years later confirmed by both my girlfriend and the doctor as being exactly what was happening, right down to the words I reported hearing them say.

While my out of body spirit hovered above the scene, a dark tunnel (for lack of a better term) appeared. At the end of the tunnel was a bright pinpoint of light. Drawn to the tunnel I proceeded into it. Within the tunnel below me I saw people wearing dark hooded monk like robes. Each person as I passed by looked up at me. Their revealed faces were lightly illuminated against their dark robe hoods. I saw deceased family members and friends. There were people I recognized who were not deceased, but now are. There were people who I've since met some now living some now deceased. Finally, there were people I've never met. Regardless whether I knew them or not, each would look up at me and either simply say, "Go back," or "It's not your time," or words of similar effect. I was not able to communicate with them. Right after one spoke he or she would lower their head. In what seemed a very long time, finally there were no more people. I had reached the light.

The light was a barrier of which I could not enter. I remember feeling a sense of extreme peace and love. I felt I was home. A movie like clip played depicting various events in my short 18 year life. Only one sticks with me vividly. I was maybe nine years old. My mom was making chocolate chip cookies. Some were cooling on the counter. She left the kitchen to answer the phone ringing in the hallway. While away I went into the kitchen where I grabbed some half dozen cookies which I hid on top of some encyclopedias in a bookcase. I watched as she later asked me about the cookies. I had lied saying I had no idea what could have happened to them. All this was knowledge I had of the event. Then I watched as the unbeknownst to me remainder of the event played out. I saw my mom find my stash of cookies in the bookcase. This part is difficult to explain because it is so unlike reality, but I felt her extreme hurt when she discovered I'd taken and then lied about the cookies. Feeling her pain that I had caused brought me to my knees and I wept and cried out for forgiveness. From beyond the light I was given the choice, stay or go back. After having heard the people in the tunnel telling me to go back and wanting to right my wrong(s) with my mom, I made the difficult decision to go back.

In a split second I was back through the tunnel and into my body where I awoke. The next day I left the hospital. A couple of years later I chanced upon a new book at the college bookstore entitled Life After Life by Raymond Moody. In it the phrase near death experience was used to describe incidents like mine. Finding I was not alone I contacted Ray Moody. He handed my name off to a colleague Dr. Bruce Greyson a psychiatrist at the University of Virginia who was beginning to study NDE's. I have participated in two of Dr. Greyson's studies and surveys. Though I must admit, I've never read one of his books.

I'm often asked if having an NDE experience changed my life. One of Dr. Greyson's survey studies I participated in lasted some eight month or so. Entitled The Life Changes Inventory-Revised the questions led me to understand that for many, NDE's have had future positive results, though for others negative. Many experience a type of depression. For that reason I think it important we not rush to judgment or ridicule those who have had an NDE. Whether NDEs are spiritually, biologically, or psychologically based is not understood. They are for many profound life events.

There is much misinformation and I've read much rubbish on forums. The article, What is a near-death experience? is a good primer for those interested in learning more. For more in depth information on NDEs and NDE research I recommend IANDS, International Association for Near Death Studies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.