Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 10:43 AM

1,867 posts, read 1,529,965 times

Advertisements

SAME mean 2 Peter 1:20-21 is still the book.

SAME mean 2 Timothy 3:16 is still the book.

SAME include John 3:5 or water baptism.

SAME include Hebrews 4 or Sabbath rest on Saturday.

SAME include 1 Peter 3:3 or no jewelry wearing.

SAME include 2 Timothy 3:16 or all the bible by God.

SAME include 2 Peter 1:20-21 or all the book defined by God.

SAME include 1 Cor. 14:34-35 or no women pastors in church.

SAME include 1 Cor. 11 or no men with long hair.

SAME include 1 Thess. 5:12 or knowing strangers claiming to be a Christian.

SAME include Amos 3:3 or unity real enough.

SAME include Psalms 1 or getting away from bible mockers that want to have input.

SAME include Jeremiah 17:9 or calling the integrity of man a recipe for disaster.

SAME include Romans 7:2-3 or calling marriages to divorced people adultery like it is all the time.

SAME include Matthew 10:34-37 or losing friends even in your family for Jesus.

SAME include 1 Cor. 7 or calling the single life a blessed life too.

SAME include 1 Timothy 6 or calling a 30 year mortgage on property the uncertain riches it is.

SAME include Matthew 15:14 or breaking away from lost church leaders looking for members under them.

SAME include John 4:24 or calling honor of Dec. 25 a pagan holiday only.

SAME include 1 Timothy 5:8 or speaking against the parent and spouse life on poverty income and welfare assistance.

SAME include Jeremiah 10:23 or calling the self made life a doom life for failure.

SAME include Ephesians 5:22-23 or keeping the submission of the wife to the husband.

SAME include Romans 12:17 or speaking against murder sin even with firearms for self defense today.

SAME include 1 Peter 4:1-4 or calling the bar scene with bartenders wicked sin if we go there for romance on the town.

SAME include Proverbs 20:1 or calling any fun alcohol drinking sin even if you don't get drunk.

ARE WE LOOKING FOR EACH OTHER ? Ephesians 4:5 and Amos 3:3

I don't know what 500 faiths in Jesus Christ is ? Ephesians 4:5 and John 4:24

Jesus loved sinners but everybody was not his friend he picked ? 1 John 2:15 and Matthew 7:6

Why is that ? His problem is not sinners but BIBLE MOCKERS ? John 8:32

He went to a house with a prostitute in it and then called church leaders "vipers" before ?

He went to a house with a thief in it and then called church leaders "blind people" before ?

He went to a blind person he healed and then called church leaders "lost people" before ?

He went to a leprosy person he healed and then called church leaders "hypocrites" before ?

He went to a mental ill person he healed and then called church leaders "dogs and swine" before ?

He blessed Job back that suffered more then anybody and then called church leaders the
"least people " in the kingdom of God before.

Why the nicknames ? Cause they tongue rule mockers ? 1 Cor. 14

Why the nicknames ? Cause they testimony saints only ? Matthew 7:21-24

Why the nicknames ? Cause they hate the real truth about the devil ? John 8:44

Why the nicknames ? Cause they short cut liberals ? 2 Timothy 3:16

Why the nicknames ? Cause they 90% bible believers ? Matthew 5:17-20

Why the nicknames ? Cause they reinvent the 10 commandments ? Hebrews 4

Why the nicknames ? Cause they grammar experts ahead of God ? Revelations 22:18-19

Why the nicknames ? Cause they too big for their britches ? 1 Cor. 1:25

Why the nicknames ? Cause they logic experts for God too much ? John 3:5

Why the nicknames ? Cause they equal rights advocates against God's way ? 1 Cor. 14:34-35

Why the nicknames ? Cause they ahead of God with inner beauty theology only ? 1 Peter 3:3

Why the nicknames ? Cause they believe God is not the control freak of all the bible explained all the time ? 2 Peter 1:20-21

Why the nicknames ? Cause they believe trivia bible issues are heresies of the devil ? 1 Cor. 11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 01:32 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,795,962 times
What a waste.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:51 PM

1,146 posts, read 652,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
What a waste.
I agree. The initial post is very verbose.

God speaks to His people in several ways so that the believer may know His will and live in it;

- Through the still small voice of the Holy Spirit.
- Through the words of the Holy Bible. Not for nothing is it called THE Word of God.
- Through preaching of the cross by men called of God.
- Through agreement of spirit among the saints who love Christ.
- Through circumstances.

These are the five principle methods by which God communicates to His people. Notice I did not include dreams and visions. I did not because in order to be valid such things must be verified in the pages of the Bible, by a Man of God and also by agreement of the saints who know the person who had the dream or vision. Other oracles are not approved by the Bible. Some are forbidden outright. The five listed above are certain and sure ways for the believer to know the will of God in his or her life.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 08-01-2015, 02:14 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Like hell does he, for we are all on our walk and journey with him. What have you become Tone ?, only you can answer that......... but i know from your posts you have lost your own individual identity.

Is not the whole land before you? Let’s part company. If you go to the left, I’ll go to the right; if you go to the right, I’ll go to the left.” Genesis 13....In other words your walk is not mine, it was never meant to be and never will be.

Old 08-01-2015, 03:46 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,622,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
but i know from your posts you have lost your own individual identity.
And Peter opening his mouth, said: In very deed I perceive, that God is not a respecter of persons.
Acts 10:34

My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ of glory with respect of persons.
James 2:1

And all they that believed, were together, and had all things common.
Their possessions and goods they sold, and divided them to all, according as every one had need.
Acts 2:43-44

And the multitude of believers had but one heart and one soul: neither did any one say that aught of the things which he possessed, was his own; but all things were common unto them.
Acts 4:32

And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh: I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

For the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
For see your vocation, brethren, that there are not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble: But the foolish things of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the wise; and the weak things of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the strong. And the base things of the world, and the things that are contemptible, hath God chosen, and things that are not, that he might bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his sight. But of him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and justice, and sanctification, and redemption: That, as it is written: He that glorieth, may glory in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:25-31

And behold, they are last that shall be first; and they are first that shall be last.
Luke 13:30

what good "individuality" ?
what good "identity", except for that one identity which the Lord
may recognize us by ?

Judas saith to him, not the Iscariot: Lord, how is it, that thou wilt manifest thyself to us, and not to the world? Jesus answered, and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and will make our abode with him. He that loveth me not, keepeth not my words. And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me.
John 14:22-24

Old 08-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
SAME mean 2 Peter 1:20-21 is still the book.

SAME include Proverbs 20:1 or calling any fun alcohol drinking sin even if you don't get drunk.
For I say to you: Amongst those that are born of women, there is not a greater prophet that John the Baptist. But he that is the lesser in the kingdom of God, is greater than he. And all the people hearing, and the publicans, justified God, being baptized with John's baptism. But the Pharisees and the lawyers despised the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized by him.
And the Lord said: Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like? They are like to children sitting in the marketplace, and speaking one to another, and saying: We have piped to you, and you have not danced: we have mourned, and you have not wept. For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and you say: He hath a devil. The Son of man is come eating and drinking: and you say: Behold a man that is a glutton and a drinker of wine, a friend of publicans and sinners. And wisdom is justified by all her children.
Luke 7:28-35

Old 08-01-2015, 04:20 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,216,123 times
Of course He doesn't; the red letters are a perfect example. He spoke to the hopeless much differentially than Pharisees, for example.

The biggest difference however, is how we see Him; as those of us who are still trying in our own strength He'll gently apply law and boundaries, because we haven't grown in grace (& the knowledge of Him).

Old 08-01-2015, 04:41 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
And Peter opening his mouth, said: In very deed I perceive, that God is not a respecter of persons.
Acts 10:34

My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ of glory with respect of persons.
James 2:1

And all they that believed, were together, and had all things common.
Their possessions and goods they sold, and divided them to all, according as every one had need.
Acts 2:43-44

And the multitude of believers had but one heart and one soul: neither did any one say that aught of the things which he possessed, was his own; but all things were common unto them.
Acts 4:32

And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh: I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

For the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
For see your vocation, brethren, that there are not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble: But the foolish things of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the wise; and the weak things of the world hath God chosen, that he may confound the strong. And the base things of the world, and the things that are contemptible, hath God chosen, and things that are not, that he might bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in his sight. But of him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and justice, and sanctification, and redemption: That, as it is written: He that glorieth, may glory in the Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:25-31

And behold, they are last that shall be first; and they are first that shall be last.
Luke 13:30

what good "individuality" ?
what good "identity", except for that one identity which the Lord
may recognize us by ?

Judas saith to him, not the Iscariot: Lord, how is it, that thou wilt manifest thyself to us, and not to the world? Jesus answered, and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and will make our abode with him. He that loveth me not, keepeth not my words. And the word which you have heard, is not mine; but the Father's who sent me.
John 14:22-24
I am not you .

Old 08-02-2015, 03:43 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,067,141 times
God may interact with a major minister who has a evangelical healing ministry of Jesus , where this minister must spend hours consecrating himself to the healing power of Christ is the presence of Jesus before a healing meeting , and Jesus will lead this ministry in a very profound way ................ But then the spouse of this healing minister may be lead by Jesus Holy Spirit for the faith in the activities but in no way the same ....................... Then there are some who have favor and people listen to them and they can have people getting saved and Jesus will lead their path to have more people see these people ,...................Then other people who may speak tongues and pray to Jesus but have no interaction with God but a lead which may be hard to discern for a testimony of Jesus , but the lead is still right ..................... Then ministers with a full head of hair are more likely to be the lead minister where as minister with no hair may be more funny , as God has a different plan for each and every believer

Old 08-02-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I am not you .
my point in posting selected Holy Scripture in reference to
preserving "individuality" is to say that individuality is often
a tool of disobedience. Was it not Satan who sought independence ?
These may be added to those mentioned previously:

Luke 17:33
Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity