U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 08:08 AM

36,108 posts, read 24,708,056 times

Advertisements

Why is it that many Bible believers take issue with this statement from the bible they say they 100% believe ?.
The Samaritan woman at the well never asked Jesus for a bible, she asked for the living water that she would never thirst again. The bible does not and cannot quench your thirst, the living water does.

Jesus taught its what comes out of us that makes us unclean, by the same token Christ within coming out of us is what makes us clean. Clean as being that which God desires us to be.

This living water referred to by Jesus is not the bible. It is not the bible that sets us free, its the truth(Christ within us is the truth).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 02:27 PM

39,835 posts, read 21,647,646 times
You would not be able to make that statement without the Bible.

The Bible is not the living water. Nobody said it was.

Old 04-14-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

The point is the bible is superior to the living water Jesus said would flow from our innermost being in the mind of the bible believer.As long as you have your bible you're alright. The scriptures testify>>>>>> of the Christ(the living water that Jesus said would flow from our innermost being. We will never understand the scriptures unless we know Christ within us who is the Truth.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,257,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Amen.

How absurd to use scripture to say we do not need scripture. How foolish.

Reminds me of Satan's attack on God's Word in the Garden of Eden. As Solomon tells us in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun.

Old 04-14-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Amen.

How absurd to use scripture to say we do not need scripture. How foolish.

Reminds me of Satan's attack on God's Word in the Garden of Eden. As Solomon tells us in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun.
Now that is a subtle lie, I never said we do not need scripture in the way you are implying. We need to know Jesus Christ within,which the scriptures teach.

Its amazing how bible believers speak of having a relationship with God, this relationship you speak of scripture says comes about from actually knowing Jesus Christ within you, yet you act all out of sorts and imply its a new age teaching or something. I think if most of us were truthful with ourselves, it is the bible we relate to not Christ within.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:15 PM

4,220 posts, read 2,441,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why is it that many Bible believers take issue with this statement from the bible they say they 100% believe ?.
The Samaritan woman at the well never asked Jesus for a bible, she asked for the living water that she would never thirst again. The bible does not and cannot quench your thirst, the living water does.

Jesus taught its what comes out of us that makes us unclean, by the same token Christ within coming out of us is what makes us clean. Clean as being that which God desires us to be.

This living water referred to by Jesus is not the bible. It is not the bible that sets us free, its the truth(Christ within us is the truth).
You are correct if you are referring to Christ as the word of God because Christ as He says is the truth, the word of God because he says I am the way and the truth and the life which is the word of God. He said to the woman; "If only you recognized Gods gift and who it is who said to you, "give me a drink", you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." Jesus was actually saying that he would have spoken the word of God to her which is the living water

Scripture tells us that the word of God is the truth. It also tells us that God,the Lord God, is the living water. Those who are anointed become the truth by becoming One in the living water, the Lord, who is spirit and life. The living water therefore that comes from within or from the heart is the word of God as Jesus said His followers would speak as he did in His mission to serve the Father and do the will of God.

Since the word of God is recorded in the Bible we all have the living water available to us but few drink it so as to get others to seek it. Drink it up and walk in the light of the Lord.

Anyone who drinks the water I give them will never become thirsty, the water I give them will be like a fountain inside them rising up to provide eternal life.

The Lord says; "my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living water, and dug out cisterns for themselves, cracked cisterns that can hold no water."

Scripture says; "All who forsake you shall be put to shame; those who turn away from you shall be recorded in the underworld, for they have forsaken the fountain of living water, the Lord.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity