Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 02:28 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,830 times

Advertisements

After all, the Bible was written for our earth, could he have created other earths like our own? We still don't know anything about those UFO's. Scientists have discovered two more planets very simular to our own.
Kepler Planetary Discovery Live: What did NASA find? | News | National Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM

281 posts, read 306,523 times
If God did, then they are part of this creation, though not of this earth. If He did, then they too are part of a fallen creation and those planets will be burned up at the end of this age (2 Pt. 3:12). If He did, He certainly hasn't told us about them.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:55 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,024,985 times
Yes God only created life on the earth , and it is a sin to believe there is life on other planets , as this will attract demons to those believe in strange worlds .... See God created His Holy Angels who are not created for the earth , but some of His Angels took control over their existence and are now stuck on the earth ...and then there are the demon spirits who were created as workers for God in the earth for the flesh of life but have all corrupted themselves , and are all lost to God , and God created man and animals which inhabit the earth ..... If you know God than any questions about aliens and UFOs then the quickening discernment of spirits from Holy Spirit is demons ...... So the answer from God if He created life in others planets .``demons ``

Old 04-20-2013, 04:31 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,134,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes God only created life on the earth , and it is a sin to believe there is life on other planets , as this will attract demons to those believe in strange worlds .... See God created His Holy Angels who are not created for the earth , but some of His Angels took control over their existence and are now stuck on the earth ...and then there are the demon spirits who were created as workers for God in the earth for the flesh of life but have all corrupted themselves , and are all lost to God , and God created man and animals which inhabit the earth ..... If you know God than any questions about aliens and UFOs then the quickening discernment of spirits from Holy Spirit is demons ...... So the answer from God if He created life in others planets .``demons ``
I'm not too sure I can agree with you. God speaks only of this earth and that has nothing to do with demons on other planets. But then again, 'Revelations' is rather strange and difficult if not impossible to interpret. So, your post leaves me quite confused.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:38 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,294 times
I'll ask Him when I get to meet Him.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:04 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes God only created life on the earth , and it is a sin to believe there is life on other planets , ``
Can you cite Chapter and Verse on this? I have never heard of such a thing.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:24 PM

580 posts, read 965,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylly View Post
After all, the Bible was written for our earth, could he have created other earths like our own? We still don't know anything about those UFO's. Scientists have discovered two more planets very simular to our own.
Kepler Planetary Discovery Live: What did NASA find? | News | National Post
According to the LDS church he did.

Personally I think the book of Mormon is completely made up. (Sorry to any LDS people in here.) Parts of it don't seem to fit in with world history, archaeological and genetic evidence and sometimes people try to fit pieces of the Book of Mormon into historical and other evidence.

Now the people who interpret the bible literally will also have a problem with me saying what I have to say but I'd like to make clear that just because I say this doesn't make the bible any less true or useful. It is a group of stories that teach a group of people a way of life.

Anyway, here we go. Back when the bible was being written and all the stories were being compiled or told through oral traditions on into the time of writing people didn't really believe there were planets out in space. they thought of their universe as a large dome with fixed stars. They'd see the "wanderers" and call them planets but they never thought they were worlds on their own until people could invent telescopes and other things to look closely at the objects.

Nowadays with our technology we know the planets don't revolve around us. We know the universe is much bigger and we know a little more about our place in the cosmos. I still say it's up in the air about who or what created the universe. I think we'd have to find out later on.

It would be interesting to see what religions might have arisen on other planets if we find intelligent alien life. It would also be interesting to find out how people will interpret the whole "created in God's image" phrase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity