Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,540,600 times

Advertisements

What age will we be ? Will we have a family like we do on Earth ? Will our age be relevant to others? Will age really matter? Will we have a need to procreate? What scripture(s) of the Bible give us insight into what Heaven will be like,that is outside of the Book of Revelations ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 02:25 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,208,549 times
Default I'll look like...

I will look exactly like Catherine Zeta-Jones!

Seriously, we aren't given much information except that Jesus said we would not marry in heaven. Anything else is pretty much speculative I guess. I think 1 Thessalonians 4 indicates we will "know" and be reunited with our loved ones when the Lord returns.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:30 PM

61,290 posts, read 87,066,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What age will we be ? Will we have a family like we do on Earth ? Will our age be relevant to others? Will age really matter? Will we have a need to procreate? What scripture(s) of the Bible give us insight into what Heaven will be like,that is outside of the Book of Revelations ?
nobody actually knows, its all speculation as its a 1 way trip. notbody comes back to give an account. your take on it is as good as mine.
Moderator cut: off-topic

Last edited by Alpha8207; 10-30-2007 at 03:46 PM..

Old 10-30-2007, 02:40 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,333,701 times
No marriage in heaven?

Wow, I guess Christianity is a patriarchal religion! That definitely sounds like a guy's version of heaven!

Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,789,034 times
I'm going to look like Angelina Jolie and DH will look like Brad Pitt...or maybe George Clooney...or Ewan Macgregor...or Matthew Mcconaughey...

Phew! Good thing there's no marriage in heaven after all!

Old 10-30-2007, 03:07 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,098,242 times
Well, if some of my old boyfriends are there, I hope I'll be able to recognize them. Especially the Jewish ones. Since there will be no marriage, I've got nothing to worry about.

I'll have to admit that this is something that is waaaayyyy down on my list of things to ponder. I really wonder that if my mother made it, did anyone, including God himself, ever get her to shut her mouth and listen. That would be at least a minor miracle.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:22 PM

436 posts, read 1,171,105 times
When I was 23yrs old my mum died. At that moment I knew deep within me that we shall meet again and be happy, and all she went through because of cance will be gone. But at the same time I was very sad, because I knew the relationship we had is over. When we meet again we wont have that mother and son relationship. I regreted having not loved her more as my mum in this life. I believe when we are in heaven we shall be as angels. Not married, no kids, just sons of God and the bride of Christ. However it appears theres a possibility we shall look like we do now - consider Revelation 7:9, where John sees a multitude in heaven from all tribes, tongues, nations. Now from this verse it appears we carry our ethincity, hence phiscal attributes, not phiscal bodies , over to heaven. Ofcourse this verse is open to wide range of interpretation, I am merely presenting a possibility. BTW - if you look closely at what bible has to say during the new heaven and earth, you will notice that we have many diffirent groups of people that are part of this new world - amongst the lot you have the bride of Christ, who stays within the new jerusalem and is part of it, and then you also have the nations that come to worship and be healed at the new Jerusalem.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,208,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothylogan3 View Post
When I was 23yrs old my mum died. At that moment I knew deep within me that we shall meet again and be happy, and all she went through because of cance will be gone. But at the same time I was very sad, because I knew the relationship we had is over. When we meet again we wont have that mother and son relationship. I regreted having not loved her more as my mum in this life. I believe when we are in heaven we shall be as angels. Not married, no kids, just sons of God and the bride of Christ. However it appears theres a possibility we shall look like we do now - consider Revelation 7:9, where John sees a multitude in heaven from all tribes, tongues, nations. Now from this verse it appears we carry our ethincity, hence phiscal attributes, not phiscal bodies , over to heaven. Ofcourse this verse is open to wide range of interpretation, I am merely presenting a possibility. BTW - if you look closely at what bible has to say during the new heaven and earth, you will notice that we have many diffirent groups of people that are part of this new world - amongst the lot you have the bride of Christ, who stays within the new jerusalem and is part of it, and then you also have the nations that come to worship and be healed at the new Jerusalem.
My condolences to you about your mom. I also have a son in heaven so I think about things like that too. I think we will recognize our loved ones ... whether by physical appearance or by spirit I don't know... And while the relationship may not be the same as it was on earth, I think it will be marked by greater understanding and love.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:12 PM

174 posts, read 503,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I will look exactly like Catherine Zeta-Jones!

Seriously, we aren't given much information except that Jesus said we would not marry in heaven. Anything else is pretty much speculative I guess. I think 1 Thessalonians 4 indicates we will "know" and be reunited with our loved ones when the Lord returns.
Regarding how we will appear, you'll notice the disciples didn't at first recognize Jesus when He appeared to them. I believe we will appear different in our glorified bodies without the influences of this world, yet we shall be recognizable. The disciples saw the visage of the flesh, in heaven we shall see with eyes that see beyond the corporeal and into the spiritual. So, I would say we will be instantly recognizable.

As for age, I would suspect the prime of life; that in which our Saviour began His ministry would be the age we would appear.

As for the first part of your statement, you won't find many who disagree except for me

I'll briefly explain why as I don't have much time.

The Bible states that God sees us neither as male nor female, but it refers to us even now on this earth. So, this doesn't really prove that we shall be sexless in heaven.

If we look at Matthew 22:30, this concerns the events of the resurrection. The resurrection and subsequent 7 year period of preparation prior to Jesus' returning doesn't allow for many weddings. Jesus never actually answered the question that spurred it. His points dealt with the existence of the resurrection, which the Sadducee's denied.

There are passages that speak of children on the new earth.

The initial desire of God was for man to replenish the earth. I don't see that He should change His plans.

My final point would be that God said of Adam, "it is not good for man to be alone". Adam at that point was in his glorified body and sinless, as we shall be in that day. He gave Adam a 'helpmate', as was needful for companionship as well as procreation to replenish this earth. God must feel that we require something more than just fellowship. We require a single person with whom we are joined to become one flesh.

I do not have enough proof to be adamant about my views. But, I present it for those who may find some comfort in it.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:21 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,287,682 times
"What Will We Look Like In Heaven?"

Better, I hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity