Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 04:27 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,939 times

Advertisements

My little guy must have learned a new song at school this week..because he's been walking around (the way some people would hum or whistle) singing over and over again, "He is our savior"....I have no idea what song it is because my son unfortunately inherited my singing abilty (all joy and heart with no actual talent) but it's the cutest thing ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,271,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
My little guy must have learned a new song at school this week..because he's been walking around (the way some people would hum or whistle) singing over and over again, "He is our savior"....I have no idea what song it is because my son unfortunately inherited my singing abilty (all joy and heart with no actual talent) but it's the cutest thing ever.
That's such a cute picture! The joy and heart is what really counts!

My almost 3 yr old daughter loves to sing.. she picks up a book and sings with her whole heart, inserting all sorts of non-sensical words in.. really puts her heart into it! Always wants us to sing at family devotion time...

My little guy (just turned one) also loves to listen to singing, and likes to hum along.. also hums when my wife picks him up to go to sleep.. he knows that she's going to sing.. a real happy little guy! adds lots of joy to our home!

Old 10-30-2007, 04:38 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,847 times
I worked at a school run by Nuns and at a certain grade's graduation they played the song "He is Exhaulted" and a younger sibling started singing around the house "He is exhausted the king is exhausted on high"......

I can just see your little one singing his heart out. Oh the joy of watching children grow. What a gift!

Old 10-30-2007, 05:15 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,912 times
Back in the days when I taught toddlers, one mom was very perplexed because she couldn't figure out where her two young ones had learned a song they had been singing over and over. Since they were always with her, she just knew they hadn't been exposed to this song. It was completely new to her.

Finally, the lightbulb turned on and she thought of me. Her kids were always telling her about things we had done in Sunday School. She was so relieved to hear that I had taught them the song because she was beginning to think God had visited her children directly!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:26 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
Quote:

Lucky him. Hopefully he doesn't grow up like me.
Can't carry a toon in a wheelbarrel.
I pity the poor people who sit in front of me in Church.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Back in the days when I taught toddlers, one mom was very perplexed because she couldn't figure out where her two young ones had learned a song they had been singing over and over. Since they were always with her, she just knew they hadn't been exposed to this song. It was completely new to her.

Finally, the lightbulb turned on and she thought of me. Her kids were always telling her about things we had done in Sunday School. She was so relieved to hear that I had taught them the song because she was beginning to think God had visited her children directly!
Oh that is a priceless story and I can just imagine being that mom!...LOL

I finally asked my son to sing the whole song and he said "what song?" So I said the one you've been singing all afternoon...and he looked at me blank and said he hadn't been singing at all...so now I'm wondering myself what's going on.

Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,387,912 times
Quote:
I finally asked my son to sing the whole song and he said "what song?" So I said the one you've been singing all afternoon...and he looked at me blank and said he hadn't been singing at all...so now I'm wondering myself what's going on.
If you start hearing the music from The Twilight Zone . . . RUN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity