Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:41 PM

137 posts, read 503,114 times

Advertisements

Yes, real job assignments. I beleive in God and heaven but can't imagine we'll one day all just be sitting around up there doing nothing. I think the best "job" would be that of a guardian angel. I'd love to be able to help my friends and family. Watch over my daughter and wife and help steer them in the right direction. Be able to watch my daughter dance, my wife laugh, my friends smileing and enjoying life.

You see, a week ago my doctor told me I have 6 months to a year to live without treatment (damned cancer) While I will continue to fight like hell for my life, it certainely warms my heart knowing that there might be "jobs" like this in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 04:36 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Sure there is work for Jesus Children in Heaven as the work will be unpaid and of charity which the Lord will assign them , or they would not be idle.......... But the work directly for people in the earth would be very limited as God does not allow Heaven to influence man in the earth authority in the earth , as each generation in the earth would be Judged by what they do ........... Jesus does give blessing were the illness of cancer can be healed and gone ..... See first people must get all the unforgiveness out of their lives , as the blessing of Christ will be blocked if unforgiveness remains ......... Next people need to eat right With multivitamins supplements , and get selenium, beta carotene ,turmeric nutrients , and even some Vitamin B50 , in your system for these are anti-cancer and will reduce the threat of this illness .......... Then people need to be cleansed by Jesus blood authority were spiritual wickedness in the high place must be continually removed as these hold the authority over this illness , so these must be loosed and binded up and removed through Jesus Christ......... Then you need to give Jesus your expectation of faith believing That Jesus has a plan and illness is not it , were you need to go and ask Jesus to make a plan for your life and the hold to that plan , and never go and complain about the illness and this can attract dark spirit to take authority ..........Still you must go to you Doctor and get the best treatment that he can give , but still knowing that the Doctor is not your God and all curses that he give against your life are rejected as God can give His plan

Old 12-26-2012, 08:43 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Since none of us know where heaven is or what is there for us , it is our wonderful God-given imaginations that allows us to make up what we would desire to be there. For myself I imagine heaven will be right here on earth and that we all will get it right then, living, loving and caring for one another and this beautiful world that He created for us to tend to

He did say "Look I am making all things new"

Old 12-26-2012, 08:58 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
For myself I imagine heaven will be right here on earth
If we are all just sitting around in heaven doing nothing, I'm sure we will start arguing, so we will need someone to moderate our arguments.

Someone who is experienced and trained. Got any nominees?

Face it, Miss Blue, you might be doing this job for ever, and ever, and ever, and ever ....

Old 12-26-2012, 09:13 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,506,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
If we are all just sitting around in heaven doing nothing, I'm sure we will start arguing, so we will need someone to moderate our arguments.

Someone who is experienced and trained. Got any nominees?

Face it, Miss Blue, you might be doing this job for ever, and ever, and ever, and ever ....

NOOOOOOOO!!! Dear God let me take care of the kids..just the babies and the teenagers if you please..

Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 AM

987 posts, read 1,118,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
NOOOOOOOO!!! Dear God let me take care of the kids..just the babies and the teenagers if you please..
Ms Blue!! shock Are you saying you don't like moderating us??? lol

I put in my request to oversee a wildlife preserve with elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, etc. I may have to start with the smaller domesticated animals but I will have a lot more patience then. lol

I personally think guardian angels are reserved for those spirits who were created before humans but if that's what someone wants to imagine, well, that's what imagination is for. We all have our picture of what lies beyond this veil.

My prayer is for the OP to live well beyond the 6 months and enjoy every minute. I like the advice to forgive completely. My mother died of cancer and she had a lot of bitterness in her life at one time. Many factors play a part tho, including diet, exercise, heredity.

Be blessed and be a blessing to the best of our ability in the here and now. Be at peace in the Lord even when the storm is raging and the waves are rolling over the edge of the boat. Now, if I can just take my own advice......lol

Old 12-26-2012, 10:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Randy Alcorn, in his book Heaven, makes the case that we will have stuff to do. Luke 19 says that God will renew our "minds and bodies so that we will be whole people, full of energy and vision, eager to undertake new projects for God's glory and our enrichment."

He goes on to say that we'll reign with Christ over the New Earth, making important decisions.

I'm going to go with him on this one. God's original plan for Earth seemed to include Adam tending the garden. Adam had a job to do. No reason to believe we won't have jobs, either.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:36 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,366,102 times
Nope. You just may be sleeping as if under anesthesia. Is that something to complain about?

Old 12-26-2012, 12:21 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapsk8 View Post
Yes, real job assignments. I beleive in God and heaven but can't imagine we'll one day all just be sitting around up there doing nothing. I think the best "job" would be that of a guardian angel. I'd love to be able to help my friends and family. Watch over my daughter and wife and help steer them in the right direction. Be able to watch my daughter dance, my wife laugh, my friends smileing and enjoying life.

You see, a week ago my doctor told me I have 6 months to a year to live without treatment (damned cancer) While I will continue to fight like hell for my life, it certainely warms my heart knowing that there might be "jobs" like this in heaven.
cheapsk8, yes, we will have plenty to do. We will be a part of the administration of the eras: to head up all in the Christ, both all in the heavens and all on the earth:

Eph 1:9-11 making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in
Him)" (10) to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ -
both the [all] in the heavens and the [all] on the eart
h" (11) in Him in Whom our lot was cast also,

So every sentient being's lot is cast in Christ and our (the believer's) lot is cast in Him ALSO.

We will go out amongst the vast starry reaches of the universe heading up all in the Christ. And, not only that but:

Eph_3:10 that now may be made known to the sovereignties and the authorities among the celestials,
through the ecclesia, the multifarious wisdom of God,

Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
<snip>

My prayer is for the OP to live well beyond the 6 months and enjoy every minute. I like the advice to forgive completely. My mother died of cancer and she had a lot of bitterness in her life at one time. Many factors play a part tho, including diet, exercise, heredity.

Be blessed and be a blessing to the best of our ability in the here and now. Be at peace in the Lord even when the storm is raging and the waves are rolling over the edge of the boat. Now, if I can just take my own advice......lol

I appreciate and am in agreement with what you've said here, ScareletWren.

Live well, and enjoy every minute ... that's great advice for all of us.

Cheapsk8, it sounds like you are already enjoying the job of being a "guardian angel" to your friends and family as you show them love and care in the here and now. Certainly, any job you would have in the hereafter would be to continue to love in some capacity so you'll definitely have your dream job, as I see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity